• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

He's got the young Michael Owen confidence thing..

He certainly does.

His first involvement was really poor, almost fell over, looked textbook young player coming on trying to impress and becomes a headless chicken.

He settled right in after that though, as he has pretty much every time he's played. Don't think it was actually him not being confident or ready, think it was just a poor involvement. But it certainly looked a bit funny.

This is terribly sad if true. Really really hope not.
Wonder if it's one of those intangible factors that simply cannot be accurately measured before a transfer.

If true, we need to get Micky Hazard on the case/to put an arm around him. Hazard suffered from tremendous homesickness, and used to break out of digs to run-away back to Sunderland. He stuck it out though and all turned out well.

Chris Waddle had similar experiences in his first season with us too.

Not ideal for a young guy moving from a warm climate and Spanish lifestyle to England in winter -- completely different way of living.
Hopefully it's something that improves with more time over here.

This response from Gil reinforces my post in the other thread about how insane it is that people get so emotionally invested in these internet rumours. There is no accountability for any of these 'journalists' they can and do literally fabricate stories out of thin air. I have seen so many people rage at Conte, Paratici, Levy, Lewis, and ENIC because of someone's imagination - ludicrous behavior.

This response from Gil reinforces my post in the other thread about how insane it is that people get so emotionally invested in these internet rumours. There is no accountability for any of these 'journalists' they can and do literally fabricate stories out of thin air. I have seen so many people rage at Conte, Paratici, Levy, Lewis, and ENIC because of someone's imagination - ludicrous behavior.
The reason that people get so caught up in fabricated stories is that they are desperate to see progress in resolving longstanding issues with regards the clubs investment in playing staff.

It’s the lack of visibility of any form of progress over a number of years that leads to the desperation for info that involves turning to questionable sources, and the lack of progress and resolution that frustrates people more than the collapse of individual stories/rumours.

The reason that people get so caught up in fabricated stories is that they are desperate to see progress in resolving longstanding issues with regards the clubs investment in playing staff.

It’s the lack of visibility of any form of progress over a number of years that leads to the desperation for info that involves turning to questionable sources, and the lack of progress and resolution that frustrates people more than the collapse of individual stories/rumours.

it's like going to a medium when you have lost a loved one though

And people wonder what my 'issue' is with certain so-called journalists - scribblers, fiction writers, fabulists - who just invent crap for the sake of attracting eyeballs to their sites.

It does no good for the long-term interests of the business I've earned a fine living from. You can only lose integrity once. But many behave in a manner that suggests having none at all to begin with, the only way is up. No. The only way is into more muck.

Back