• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Agreed, which is weird given Conte's comments about Kane/CF. Hopefully given it seems clear that VLahovic is going to Juve we have a plan B lined up and can change horses asap
No idea now
I think we’re getting linked with some bloody good players other that they Moroccan lad who ive never seen play
But it’s hard to work out who or what we will end up with now IMO

No idea now
I think we’re getting linked with some bloody good players other that they Moroccan lad who ive never seen play

Agreed. Possible that the Vlahovic deal might mean Juve then looks to raise funds and McKennie becomes more do-able

Either way, at least we have a DoF - the more I've thought about it, the more its ridiculous that we operated without one. It's like a tech company not having a CTO

Agreed. Possible that the Vlahovic deal might mean Juve then looks to raise funds and McKennie becomes more do-able

Either way, at least we have a DoF - the more I've thought about it, the more its ridiculous that we operated without one. It's like a tech company not having a CTO
I rate McKennie very highly
Guys got a real engine and IMO a great all round game

No idea now
Realistically, hand on heart probably no one. I'd be more surprised if we did sign a striker than if we didn't. I kind of feel like of we really wanted to get one we would have likely done so already. But I guess we'll see.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Realistically, hand on heart probably no one. I'd be more surprised if we did sign a striker than if we didn't. I kind of feel like of we really wanted to get one we would have likely done so already. But I guess we'll see.

We will get Traore and IMO at least one other
Not sure who that will be

We will get Traore and IMO at least one other
Not sure who that will be
I've resigned myself to the Traore signing possibly happening. He wouldn't be my first or third choice but for Conte someone might be better than nothing. Moving on Ndombele and Lo Celso seems to be important getting some serious movement going.

I've resigned myself to the Traore signing possibly happening. He wouldn't be my first or third choice but for Conte someone might be better than nothing. Moving on Ndombele and Lo Celso seems to be important getting some serious movement going.

I’ve said it for a number of years
Shifting the brick os so key to making the room needed in the squad
Toxic players or weak links need to be gone asap

He's very good. We should be all over that. People on here talk more about Brzovic a lot - this guy is 5-6 years younger and plays in a similar position, albeit slightly different style

edit: I think we have higher priority positions, but you can't have too many good players
Priorities shouldn’t stop the right buys

Conte didnt get the Club with him on signings in Italy, he left the Club… again we looks like fools in the transfermarked and I can see Conte leave in feb

Seems Vlahovic off to Juve and Kessie to Barca.

I didn’t take Vlahovic seriously as I never thought that would happen unless Kane left.

Kessie I thought might have an outside chance.

I think it’s becoming pretty clear that we are nowhere near these top tier signings. Whether that’s due to them not being interested or us not having the budget - or a bit of both.

If we were managed by someone like Potter for the last year or two I could have seen us going for the likes of Twine, Olise, Bowen and some of the others that the more knowledgeable of the lower leagues have mentioned.

I can’t quite see who our target range is now with a limited budget and with Conte and Paratici in charge. Is it essentially the bit part players of Serie A?

Amrabat seems somewhat out of the blue. Just cover, cheap loan because we have no money? Or the smart DoF signing, identifying an undervalued player that's a good fit for our system?

Bit early for the meltdown phase of the transfer window? There's time for at least two more phases at least, what comes after meltdown?

A bit of a write up here on Amrabat

...at least in Amrabat, Conte would have a player capable of advancing the play from the middle of the park. Indeed, of the 39 players to have attempted 150 or more dribbles since the start of the 2019/20 Serie A season, only Ismael Bennacer (79.6%) has a better dribble success rate than Amrabat (70.3%).

By comparison, the central midfielder who comes closest to matching that return of all Tottenham players in the Premier League this season is Oliver Skipp (66.7%), followed by Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (62.2%). For additional context, Ndombele, who would, and perhaps should, be the one to carry out this duty, has returned a dribble success rate of just 55%. Different leagues and different managers who carry out different game plans would certainly impact the comparison, but Amrabat has proven he is capable at beating an opponent when required.

On top of that, when he does need to spread the ball, Amrabat is an able performer at picking out a teammate from distance. Of the 97 players to have attempted 300 or more long balls in the last three Serie A seasons, only Fabian Ruiz (81.2%) and Marcelo Brozovic (78.7%) have a better long ball accuracy than Amrabat (76.7%). With Spurs also linked with a move for wing-wizard Adama Traore as a right wing-back alternative to Emerson Royal and Matt Doherty, the Morocco international should find great success in picking a pass to the wing for the Spaniard to run onto.

Considering Spurs have at times looked to play a counter-attacking game under Conte, the 2-2 home draw with Liverpool an example, Amrabat could prove an ideal instigator in the middle of the park. He has a good range of passing and carries the ball well, two traits that have been found wanting in the Spurs midfield this season.

That being said, off the ball Amrabat is better off leaving that side of the game to his teammates. He has committed more fouls (106) than he has made tackles (101) during his time in Italy's top tier, yet in a 3-5-2 setup, the ball winning would likely be left to Skipp and Hojbjerg, who both rank joint-fourth for tackles per 90 (2.2) of all Spurs regulars in the Premier League this season.

Currently a key player in this Morocco side at AFCON, Amrabat could well do similar with Spurs. Yes, he is not the headline grabbing signing in the mould of Franck Kessie or Weston McKennie, the former not leaving AC Milan this window and entering the final months of his contract in Italy - perhaps part of the reasoning behind Spurs' move for Amrabat on loan until the end of the season - but in the January window where teams can be reluctant to offload players, the Fiorentina trash, relatively speaking, could prove Spurs' treasure in the second half of the season.

And this info tweeted from the Extra Inch :

Also that he can’t get in the team at Fiorentina. I thought we’d have our sights higher but nope, it’s the cheap, quick, fix once again. IF we sign mid table level players we’re not going to finish anything but mid table.
This sort of attitude is very one dimensional. The fact he isn’t a first team regular right now doesn’t tell the whole story necessarily. NDombele can’t get a game in our team, does that mean he can’t be any good for another club? Sometimes it doesn’t work for whatever reason - system, manager, unsettled for whatever reason. It’s about getting players who are the right fit for THIS club and THIS manager. There are hundreds of examples of players moving clubs and reviving their careers so considering this appears to be a player Conte wants then that’s good enough and even if not the dazzling signing the masses want, will likely serve more of a purpose than NDombele and Dele etc….

Back