• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

If Villa get Bissouma, they will have made four signings in one window. Coutinho, Digne, Bissouma, Olsen.

It's possible. Ambitious clubs do it. We can, if we try.

Sadly, we have Daniel Levy in charge, so you're probably right and that will be the excuse we use. But we can, if we want to.

Not great players. Except Bissouma, who could suddenly become another Mendy, depending how his upcoming court case pans out

If Villa get Bissouma, they will have made four signings in one window. Coutinho, Digne, Bissouma, Olsen.

It's possible. Ambitious clubs do it. We can, if we try.

Sadly, we have Daniel Levy in charge, so you're probably right and that will be the excuse we use. But we can, if we want to.

Lewis is the problem.

Yes Levy is very close to Lewis but even Levy has finally realised we need more investment in players. He approached Lewis to see if he would do it and Lewis said no. We should be thankful that we have had the ingenuity of Levy all these years considering we have Lewis as an owner. Anyone else working under Lewis and we’d be in the championship atm with the same 36k capacity stadium.

Lets just hope Levy can pull of the third party investment he is working on.

Not great players. Except Bissouma, who could suddenly become another Mendy, depending how his upcoming court case pans out

I'd say at least two of those four improve us instantly, Bissouma and Digne (Bissouma's legal troubles aside). Maybe three, maybe even all four depending on how highly you rate Olsen as a backup GK over the flappy Gollini.

Digne is very good, he slots into the 3 at the back very well as he is capable of playing the LCB role (Davies sits on the bench) as well as the LWB role. He would 100% be a good addition to the squad. Bissouna also, the other two not so much. Coutinho has always been overrated to my eyes and I don't think he fits well with what Conte is trying here but he is a quality player if not one that is suited to us. Olsen I haven't seen enough to judge but I'd have to say Villa have bought very well especially for the position and stature of the club at this moment.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
I think it will take the summer window to show just how good we can become, still find it hard to believe that some fans can not see that Jan is NOT a good time to buy the real top players who we do need and rather then just waste money on MORE squad fillers we have to accept that.

I hate Chelski ( second only to my hate for Utd) but they are a better team then we are and never exspected us to win yesterday. The signs have been better since Conte came and i am sure given a summer window we will see what he can do.

Like most fans i want to see us perform better but it can not be done overnight.

I'd say at least two of those four improve us instantly, Bissouma and Digne (Bissouma's legal troubles aside). Maybe three, maybe even all four depending on how highly you rate Olsen as a backup GK over the flappy Gollini.
Bissouma is class
Would be a great signing
Digne would be a very good wing back but we are well covered there
Coutinho would have been interesting

I think it will take the summer window to show just how good we can become, still find it hard to believe that some fans can not see that Jan is NOT a good time to buy the real top players who we do need and rather then just waste money on MORE squad fillers we have to accept that.

I hate Chelski ( second only to my hate for Utd) but they are a better team then we are and never exspected us to win yesterday. The signs have been better since Conte came and i am sure given a summer window we will see what he can do.

Like most fans i want to see us perform better but it can not be done overnight.

I hate Liverpool more than anyone else, even Chelsea or Woolwich, but it's mainly because I grew up with them winning everything and all my mates supporting them.

Why do you hate United so much because, I'll go out on a limb here, you weren't a teenager when Fergie had them winning everything?

Bissouma is class
Would be a great signing
Digne would be a very good wing back but we are well covered there
Coutinho would have been interesting

Digne and coutinho seem aquisitions for the short term. High wages too. Now there may be an argument for that and going for cl. Just don't think that's what we're going for.

I hate Liverpool more than anyone else, even Chelsea or Woolwich, but it's mainly because I grew up with them winning everything and all my mates supporting them.

Why do you hate United so much because, I'll go out on a limb here, you weren't a teenager when Fergie had them winning everything?

At the risk of sounding like a provincial putz,
Ditto.

Common sense post. Agreed!

Firestarter Conte turns up heat on Levy by demanding Spurs signings
Tottenham manager has been scathing over a lack of quality in the squad and his chairman will not have missed the message

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-heat-daniel-levy-by-demanding-spurs-signings

"To Conte, the club’s situation is connected to poor recruitment, the failure to properly replace players such as Kyle Walker, Danny Rose, Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen, Mousa Dembélé and Christian Eriksen, who he remembers from when he first came to England for 2016-17. In that season, he led Chelsea to the title; Spurs were competitive runners-up under Mauricio Pochettino.

Conte’s key lieutenants played in that team, too – Hugo Lloris, Eric Dier, Son Heung-min and Kane – and it is a macabre game for the Spurs support to name the successful major signings since then. Lucas Moura, Pierre-Emile Højbjerg. Who else?

The manager sees better recruitment as part of the way back up and so here we are, him loading the pressure on Levy and plenty of rubbernecking from elsewhere, not least at Chelsea. The board there grew used to hearing Conte describe himself as “just a coach” and how it was “up to the club to make the final decisions”. He has trotted out that line a few times at Spurs and it has always sounded like a threat.
"

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1643020607

'Antonio Conte is putting “huge pressure” on Daniel Levy and the Tottenham board to complete four new signings in the last week of the window.

The Spurs manager has made it clear to club chiefs the team needs significant reinforcements to secure a top-four finish this season.'

If true, well in, Antonio. You speak for the fans on this, imo - you've got that cowardly cretin of a chairman backed into a corner, press him to give you the tools you need to do your damn job.

Insiders, huh?

I used to work for a magazine called Insider Racing News. We weren't "Insiders", unless it meant inside the home of a very nice man and his wife working out of their basement in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Really nice folks, fairly knowledgeable about US motorsports but in no way accessing or being given privileged info.

And neither does this bit of digital fishwrap. Hah! They even quote Alastair Gold, another living room publisher.

Back