• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Wijnaldum - actually think he’d be a massive asset. Might not have the legs to play every game like Hogjberg, but his experience and ability would be of great help to Conte.

Swap for Ndombele would be awesome.
He would be a great signing but not sure a swap would be right
I’d like to think cash coming our way too would balance it out

But then again - scrolling through that list on Transfermarkt - fudge me, we mostly sign pretty brick players, don't we. :p[/QUOTE]

Do you think Royal,Gill.Sess and Bergwijn are going to make it Then?
I'm not sure I do..maybe Bergwijn as a squad player..but yeah we sign so much dross in the last 4 years or so.

At least 2 of us on here were saying he was a player we should’ve been paying the £8m release clause for last summer. So obvious he had huge talent just by seeing a couple of his games in the Championship.

Fair play. I hadn’t seen him until this season. Has he signed a new contract since then or does the release clause still stand.

I know this is going to sound weird but I wonder if the decision makers at Spurs have even clocked how good he is or if he is even on their radar?

Was just an easy deal to do
£8m
Young, home grown and guaranteed no loss in value
But would he have got games here…..

At the time the club probably thought we had more attacking tools than we did. Right now I think it’s quite clear we have a favoured 3 + Bergwijn to cover any of them. Room for one or two more.

What if I said to you now £20m for Traore or £30m for Olise. No offence to Traore but 90% of the fan base would set up a go fund me for the extra £10m.

I guess the problem now is that clubs don’t need to sell and it’s highly unlikely the lad is gonna make any noise to move.

At the time the club probably thought we had more attacking tools than we did. Right now I think it’s quite clear we have a favoured 3 + Bergwijn to cover any of them. Room for one or two more.

What if I said to you now £20m for Traore or £30m for Olise. No offence to Traore but 90% of the fan base would set up a go fund me for the extra £10m.

I guess the problem now is that clubs don’t need to sell and it’s highly unlikely the lad is gonna make any noise to move.
He's not going to cost £30m. The standard set for young, standout English Premier league players seems to be £50m going on the valuations for Lamptey and Ben White. Can see Palace entertaining anything less than that.

He's not going to cost £30m. The standard set for young, standout English Premier league players seems to be £50m going on the valuations for Lamptey and Ben White. Can see Palace entertaining anything less than that.
And that’s the crazy part with money in the game
Lamptey still isn’t starting at Brighton regularly yet it’s £50m
Ben white hadn’t played for his country…. £50m
It’s all bonkers

Fair play. I hadn’t seen him until this season. Has he signed a new contract since then or does the release clause still stand.

I know this is going to sound weird but I wonder if the decision makers at Spurs have even clocked how good he is or if he is even on their radar?
The release clause was at reading
Palace signed him using it
They also signed Eze last summer who again is a standout when he gets over his injuries
They have replaced zaha with more variety and less attitude

That's why you buy him at the point Palace did. 10M-15m and not the now 50m ish that would be required. It's been said many times but this clubs transfer strategy is just all wrong. Too cautious on the lower end, always waiting for a player to be absolutely proven by which point it's often to late to now attract that player amongst competing interests and bigger wage offers.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

That's why you buy him at the point Palace did. 10M-15m and not the now 50m ish that would be required. It's been said many times but this clubs transfer strategy is just all wrong. Too cautious on the lower end, always waiting for a player to be absolutely proven by which point it's often to late to now attract that player amongst competing interests and bigger wage offers.

It’s all bonkers
And yet because we've waited and held on to Dele for so long we'll struggle to get 30m for him despite his prior reputation. The club's needs to learn to move in the moment and sometimes you have to just do the move when it makes the most sense. You sell at the height of a player's performance and standing in the game and if you can't quite confirm that time, you sell just as they are begining their downward slope.

And yet because we've waited and held on to Dele for so long we'll struggle to get 30m for him despite his prior reputation. The club's needs to learn to move in the moment and sometimes you have to just do the move when it makes the most sense. You sell at the height of a player's performance and standing in the game and if you can't quite confirm that time, you sell just as they are begining their downward slope.

I’d argue the fans need to learn that too
If we sold peak dele (not that I remember anyone bidding) there would have been uproar
It has to work both ways
Got to hope a DOF a will manage the selling better than we have recently

But then you get a Clarke and he gets no games so gets no development and then you have wasted your money
What does work is what we did with Walker … but potential but leave them on a loan for a couple of seasons to develop
That takes a strategy to do so and we haven’t had one for some time

I’d argue the fans need to learn that too
If we sold peak dele (not that I remember anyone bidding) there would have been uproar
It has to work both ways
Got to hope a DOF a will manage the selling better than we have recently
The fans don't matter. They don't matter when we don't buy players, so likewise they don't matter when we sell players. The fans will get over it when you at the same time improve the side.

I remember Liverpool fans crying and screaming when they sold coutinho, a season later the side had actually improved with the sale and they had won a CL and a PL. Now not a single one of their fans with any sense bemoans the sale of Coutinho.

Re a lack of interest in Dele. We are known for being particularly difficult to negotiate with so would likely have had to put feelers out to let clubs know he was available for a price. Again this is what the club's with a joint up transfer strategy do. It's really not revolutionary or even particularly outside of the box thinking but we seem incapable of it.

But then you get a Clarke and he gets no games so gets no development and then you have wasted your money
What does work is what we did with Walker … but potential but leave them on a loan for a couple of seasons to develop
That takes a strategy to do so and we haven’t had one for some time
Clarke is an interesting one because it's unclear who even wanted him. Poch seemed to show a distinct lack of interest in him and none of the following managers have any desire to play him either. He seems a bit of a club mandated punt. Which is fine, I don't mind those sort of transfers. You win some and you lose some. The important part is what you do with the punts that don't work. You get them loans to see if they can develop or you sell them to next available team and keep it moving.

It’s all bonkers
Palace got 45 for Wan Bissaka before he was capped iirc too?

Clarke is an interesting one because it's unclear who even wanted him. Poch seemed to show a distinct lack of interest in him and none of the following managers have any desire to play him either. He seems a bit of a club mandated punt. Which is fine, I don't mind those sort of transfers. You win some and you lose some. The important part is what you do with the punts that don't work. You get them loans to see if they can develop or you sell them to next available team and keep it moving.

The weird thing about Clarke is you’d think Poch would have consulted his favourite leg botherer, but it was rather telling that the club that sold him to us don’t play him when he went back on loan to them.

Back