• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

Doesn't he get to the Jenas stage of being found out though? E.g. Jenas was a brilliant instinctive player, but defenders learnt to just back off him and let having to make a choice overwhelm him. Players who flatter to deceive/with no end product you quickly learn just to not worry about.
Lennon is the comparison.
Lennon could be nullified, but to do so meant taking attention away from someone else.
Kane, Son and Moura are all players you can nullify too. But to have a tactical set up to nullify all of them would be very very difficult.
It's all about opening up the margins.

Doesn't he get to the Jenas stage of being found out though? E.g. Jenas was a brilliant instinctive player, but defenders learnt to just back off him and let having to make a choice overwhelm him. Players who flatter to deceive/with no end product you quickly learn just to not worry about.

Probably you and others have seen more of Traore than me, though I've seen him quite a bit.

Cannot say I've ever seen opponents not care about Traore. His ability to just go past a player makes him a threat even with somewhat limited end product. Leave him exposed and you end up in trouble.

He's truly exceptional one vs one.

Lennon is the comparison.
Lennon could be nullified, but to do so meant taking attention away from someone else.
Kane, Son and Moura are all players you can nullify too. But to have a tactical set up to nullify all of them would be very very difficult.
It's all about opening up the margins.

Completely. Conte's formation relies heavily on wingbacks and stretching teams wide. With a RWB like Troare, oppositions will need to drag a DM across or winger back or CB across. Creates space for others

Probably you and others have seen more of Traore than me, though I've seen him quite a bit.

Cannot say I've ever seen opponents not care about Traore. His ability to just go past a player makes him a threat even with somewhat limited end product. Leave him exposed and you end up in trouble.

He's truly exceptional one vs one.
He is the best one vs one player in the league
His end product isn’t good but no one can argue he is a pain for any defenders

He is the best one vs one player in the league
His end product isn’t good but no one can argue he is a pain for any defenders

If we had played him yesterday on the side Chelsea repeatedly targeted and overloaded, do you think his threat would have countered the overload?
Could Chelsea have risked sending their fb that far up knowing troare was ready to spring? Would mount have been able to be so cavalier going forward?

If we had played him yesterday on the side Chelsea repeatedly targeted and overloaded, do you think his threat would have countered the overload?
Could Chelsea have risked sending their fb that far up knowing troare was ready to spring? Would mount have been able to be so cavalier going forward?
Pass
Hard to know with any team
What we do know is he is a natural wide player which isn’t the same for some of our players
And he thrives against high lines which Chelsea don’t play
But …. It’s an outlet

the worry i have is that as soon as he makes some bad choices/decisions/misplaced passes etc, our fanbase will jump on him pretty quick

I think our fans tend to warm to i) great ball players or ii) gallant triers. He's definitely not i, so I guess it depends on ii.

Sissoko took 2.5 years of abuse because he was so cowardly on the pitch. But when his character finally pulled him through, he actually became very popular, despite his obvious limitations.

Townsend is maybe a good comparison. He was a similar player - occasionally brilliant, mostly frustrating; but his academy background and workrate/personality kept the crowd on side.

I wonder if we should maybe try and get him on loan? A 'try before you buy', to see if he's up to the job. If he's for sale for £15m (with 18 months on his contract), perhaps a £5m loan fee might suit all parties? It might revitalise him, and puts him in the shop window for Wolves for the summer, even if we don't pursue a subsequent purchase

I wonder if we should maybe try and get him on loan? A 'try before you buy', to see if he's up to the job. If he's for sale for £15m (with 18 months on his contract), perhaps a £5m loan fee might suit all parties? It might revitalise him, and puts him in the shop window for Wolves for the summer, even if we don't pursue a subsequent purchase

Allegedly they turned down a loan move.

Ndombele has been far worse than Sissoko, added virtually bugger all since he signed

i think many vastly under rate the main benefit of Sissoko which was to get the ball up the pitch quickly. It wasnt assists or goals, it was to make up yards with the ball. To that end he was quite successful.

i do also make any counter argument that as a pro footballer he should have been able to pass and shoot to a decent standard.

If Conte wants him there is literally no excuse for getting this done. Mendes is party to all parties here.

i think Conte would prefer a CF, but if we can’t get a quality forward in, Traore is a bit of a wild card - could come good and setup/score goals or be an effective sub

i think Conte would prefer a CF, but if we can’t get a quality forward in, Traore is a bit of a wild card - could come good and setup/score goals or be an effective sub
I bloody hope he wants a striker
The links on that front seem thin but it’s the most glaring weakness we have

Back