• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

I'm starting to warm to the idea actually. I've been thinking that we haven't really had a random chaotic player like him to laugh at since, I don't know, Jose Dominguez? It might help us all on those black humour occasions.

Sissoko?

I think Sissoko was just technically limited, and knew it/played accordingly. Dominguez and Traore though both have that - skin a man, make another fall over dizzy with 20 stepovers, then accidentally heal it out of play to concede a throw-in - quality.

Last edited:
The key with Traore is…. It’s a signing
The lift that gives the squad is big
Fresh faces and a player they hate playing against is a big thing IMO
Do you think our players actually hate playing against him? He flatters to deceive in pretty much every game we've played against Wolves and likewise the same when he was at Boro. [emoji848]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The key with Traore is…. It’s a signing
The lift that gives the squad is big
Fresh faces and a player they hate playing against is a big thing IMO
That’s not enough to warrant singing him . Some of the reasons I’ve seen posted here and other places for signing him are just strange.
Scares defenders , causes chaos etc.

Fair enough if Conte wants him but what a waste of money and effort and time in this transfer. We need a RWB , CM and CB before you even think of signing this overrated pace merchant.

Do you think our players actually hate playing against him? He flatters to deceive in pretty much every game we've played against Wolves and likewise the same when he was at Boro. [emoji848]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Verts said he was the hardest player he ever played against
So yeah I do
I’m not a fan
But some of our players past and present are I assume as is conte

Verts said he was the hardest player he ever played against
So yeah I do
I’m not a fan
But some of our players past and present are I assume as is conte
He's a player that can effect the game if used in the right way.
When he starts the opposition immediately know they have a strength and pace disadvantage down their left. Yes you can probably get away with letting him beat you a few times, but not every time. He increases the risk of conceding.
At the moment it's easy to control the game against us because you know our "creative" outlets - they are slow, disjointed and rely on a few players. So easy to defend.
Put Traore in against most teams and he causes them issues and panic; that can open up space and opportunity for the better technical players. Much like Aaron Lennon did.

Weird scenario really. We need new blood, and we need to shift some players out too, but I can't help feeling like traore is interesting to us because he's of his contractual situation. If he was £50m we would literally never sign him - his end product is just not good enough for a player costing that much.

So rumours are we're looking at a deal around £20m.

Yeah, if he cost 2.5x as much we probably wouldn't sign him. Not a lot of players we have signed or will sign that we would have sanctioned a deal at 2.5x what they actually cost.

So rumours are we're looking at a deal around £20m.

Yeah, if he cost 2.5x as much we probably wouldn't sign him. Not a lot of players we have signed or will sign that we would have sanctioned a deal at 2.5x what they actually cost.
£50mm is best in class level money
£20m is chump change in the modern game so worth the gamble

Agreed. We're lack attacking threat and he'll bring that, and also drag at least one other opposition player over to support the left back against him. For £20m, I think this is a good deal

Doesn't he get to the Jenas stage of being found out though? E.g. Jenas was a brilliant instinctive player, but defenders learnt to just back off him and let having to make a choice overwhelm him. Players who flatter to deceive/with no end product you quickly learn just to not worry about.

Doesn't he get to the Jenas stage of being found out though? E.g. Jenas was a brilliant instinctive player, but defenders learnt to just back off him and let having to make a choice overwhelm him. Players who flatter to deceive/with no end product you quickly learn just to not worry about.
Very different style of player
Jenas never used his talents to excel enough
Toured talents are the sole reason he is a player (strength, power and running)

Talking about no end product, how many assists and goals does Lucas contribute every season?

Talking about no end product, how many assists and goals does Lucas contribute every season?

So far this season. 4 goals 3 assists. Conte has said he needs to contribute more.

Think fans would like an upgrade on moura aswell.

Last edited:
Back