• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

I guess Conte will give him a very strict set of instructions e.g. smash into that guy, get the ball, leg it up the pitch til you get to the box, then square it wildly without looking who has kept pace with you. EVERY TIME. The end. Do not think, do not try a chip, do not do a step over. Just do that every time.

Every time. Got it?

If that's how his system works and that's how he wins, then I trust him to know what he wants in his system.

“With Antonio, it was the first time I’ve seen someone know exactly (what they want),” Fabregas told CBS recently. “It was like going to school. Maybe it’s in a different way to how I saw football.

“I always based myself on my own quality, on my own vision — I pass the ball where I feel I will be dangerous and where I can hurt the opponents. I’m 29 years old (when Conte came to Chelsea), I’ve already played for 13 years, I played in every final, I won a lot of things. And this guy is telling me where I need to pass the ball. With Conte, freedom was non-existent.”

“I came with an open mind and a willingness to learn,” Eriksen told Gazzetta. “What I didn’t understand, to begin with, was that I always had to follow Conte’s system. I had to execute and remember all of the patterns he had prepared for the team.

“In the past, I tended to use my intuition. I was free to make my own decisions, according to what I saw on the pitch. But with Conte, there is always a plan to follow. You need to be prepared, to always know where your team-mates are, and where they might move. I had to learn all this, and adapt to a different tempo.”

For Fabregas it was “vision”, for Eriksen it was “intuition”, but the meaning is the same. If you want to play for Conte, you have to leave that part of your game at the door.

If that's how his system works and that's how he wins, then I trust him to know what he wants in his system.

Those quotes make a lot of sense from what I've seen.
Before son was i was saying it was almost clicking and we'd thump some one soon.
We were just alway slightly off, the pass or the player in not quite the right position.
Once they are all settled into it and know the routines we should start to see progress accelerate.

Those quotes make a lot of sense from what I've seen.
Before son was i was saying it was almost clicking and we'd thump some one soon.
We were just alway slightly off, the pass or the player in not quite the right position.
Once they are all settled into it and know the routines we should start to see progress accelerate.
We were off because son was lost without his first touch and we rarely had any space behind for him to attack
With 2 up front playing as a pair it means the opposition defenders have capacity to attack more which leaves space for us to attack in the counter
The issue is right now that Lucas can’t play in a 2 as he isn’t disciplined enough to play close with Kane. He loves to roam and then run with the ball but again in a conte 2 it’s the midfields and wingbacks that do that
In Italy he had Brozvic playing deep, barella with the late running and link up, and he eventually switched to include eriksen but was usually sensi who is a creative DM. What those 3 do is run all day. He then had Hakimi and Perisic as wing backs

If you was to relate that to our side it would be probably … winks in the brozovic role, dele in the berealla role and I guess GLC in the eriksen role. But in reality what we saw in Wednesday was tow players playing a pressing game and that spoiler role further up (think Kanye at Chelsea). That’s what gave us higher turnover in a better area to attack and allowed winks to go further forward.

we also had both wide centra backs push up and under lap at times which created more overloads

what I will say is I expect Chelsea to try to pass around us on Sunday and if we can stop that we have a chance. Their attack looks broken and wasteful now but their strength is defensive discipline and coordination as a platform to play from .

Wouldn't be that bothered with Antonio. Blows hot and colder than Defoe used to and seems to save most of his standout performances for playing against us. Not sure why he keeps being used as an example of what we should be aspiring to.
Not having a pop, just speaking my mind after reading your comment.... . If Antonio (or Adama as this is his feed) ever don a spurs shirt and provide magical moment that compare anywhere near the likes of Defoe the Yido, then I would be more than happy. Defoe was and will always be a Spurs legend in my opinion.

Again not having a go, everyone has an opinion, just got home tinkled after a long night out and reacting to the first post I randomly read which I didnt agree with lol

Not having a pop, just speaking my mind after reading your comment.... . If Antonio (or Adama as this is his feed) ever don a spurs shirt and provide magical moment that compare anywhere near the likes of Defoe the Yido, then I would be more than happy. Defoe was and will always be a Spurs legend in my opinion.

Again not having a go, everyone has an opinion, just got home tinkled after a long night out and reacting to the first post I randomly read which I didnt agree with lol

Absolutely love Defoe and he is a legend but his longevity with us made a lot of that, as did the era and the players he played win and with. The crap he received for his extended non-scoring streaks was massive even in a pre-teletext age. I just used him as an example of streaky players who got grief but also, as much as I loved Defoe and what he contributed, he was never a top top player, more a reflection of where we were at that time.

Antonio coming in and being that inconsistent, especially as a 31 year old, wouldn't be a meaningful addition, wouldn't get the run of games needed to get going. Traore would have time on his side but don't think would be given that time either. Really streaky, underproductive players don't.

Weird scenario really. We need new blood, and we need to shift some players out too, but I can't help feeling like traore is interesting to us because he's of his contractual situation. If he was £50m we would literally never sign him - his end product is just not good enough for a player costing that much.

Let's hope his wage demands are ridiculous and forces the move to fall apart. [emoji1696]

I'm starting to warm to the idea actually. I've been thinking that we haven't really had a random chaotic player like him to laugh at since, I don't know, Jose Dominguez? It might help us all on those black humour occasions.

I’m excited by this now

I’ve gone from being against it, on the fence to looking forward to it.

I think he could be great for us

Back