• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Very good news. Slightly surprising that it's two years, but his performances warrant that kind of extension and with him being our captain and a long serving player I'm happy to see him get that.

Very good news. Slightly surprising that it's two years, but his performances warrant that kind of extension and with him being our captain and a long serving player I'm happy to see him get that.
Should allow a transition time if needed right at the end if we successfully identify his long-term replacement. Assuming it's not Gollini.

Good news. Still need a more capable back-up than Gollini. Although I doubt Johnstone/Henderson would come now to be understudy for 2 seasons. Time for scouts to earn their crust.

Now get Kessie sorted, a back-up forward and maybe a RB/CB

Good news. Still need a more capable back-up than Gollini. Although I doubt Johnstone/Henderson would come now to be understudy for 2 seasons. Time for scouts to earn their crust.

Now get Kessie sorted, a back-up forward and maybe a RB/CB
My hope was actually that Johnstone / Henderson would come in as first choice and Lloris would be the understudy and play a mentor role to them and get the cup games.

My time goes back to the very late 80’s and he’s the best keeper I’ve seen in that time (although I loved Erik the Viking!).

Honestly hold him to be one of the best signings we've made in my lifetime.
I remember when we were rumoured to be interested in him and I was overjoyed but also didn't think we'd manage it.

I probably over-rate him slightly, but I also feel he's significantly underrated by media and many non-Spurs folk.

Now can we PLEASE win this bloke a fudging boat or two.

Not the same without Poch putting his arm around the player...

Delighted with this. He's been with us almost 10 years. He's had a ropey 18 months within that but other than that spell, he's been absolutely brilliant including over the last year or two. And even when he was ropey, he was still pulling off incredible saves.

He's criminally underrated in the media for reasons I don't understand. He makes less mistakes than Alisson and De Gea and is always top of the shot stopping stats and yet the perception of him seems to be "ooooohhh, a bit ropey". I didn't see Jennings or Brown and only caught the end of Clemence but Hugo is by far the best 'keeper we've had in my lifetime and it's one position where we haven't had a shower of brick over the years.

Great player and Spurs through and through. This is great news.

I've been critical of him previously but he's really stepped up his game this season and has been back to near his best. Great news he's signed.

For me he's behind Jennings (possibly the greatest keeper ever and doesn't get the recognition he deserves due to being from NI) and Clemence.
No shame in being behind those two though.

I've been critical of him previously but he's really stepped up his game this season and has been back to near his best. Great news he's signed.

For me he's behind Jennings (possibly the greatest keeper ever and doesn't get the recognition he deserves due to being from NI) and Clemence.
No shame in being behind those two though.
There are reasons to criticise him and that fair
But we all know there are reasons to compliment him too
The guys a top keeper and he is ours which is a problem we don’t have to worry about now

Back