• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Potential new loan rules coming in place

Finney Is Back

Luka Modric
Couldn't see this anywhere so thought I'd post it. If it's already in a thread somewhere then can the mods please merge?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...will-limit-clubs-to-six-loan-exits-per-season

Seems a step in the right direction and will help stop clubs like Chelsea hooving up talent and loaning it out. I'd like to see this go a step further and for the maximum of 8 players over 21 out on loan to be all encompassing, as opposed to players who were club trained not counting towards this number.

I expect this may instead result in more Emirates Marketing Project type structures with sister clubs in different federations as well as buy-back deals becoming even more prevalent (I think buy-backs should be banned).

Good intentions (for once), but as you say - it will be circumvented. It's currently a system that benefits the powerful, so it won't be stopped.

I would like to see something very simple, like each club is only allowed 25 players aged 21 or over in anyway owed by or affiliated to them. That would stop the hoarding.

Will be fun to see Chelski acommodating their roughly 12 million players if this rule comes into place. :p

On a serious note, glad to see that football's governing bodies finally try to adress a problem that has been in plain view for everyone to see for at least a decade and a half. Of course there will be plenty of loopholes for the cheating clubs to exploit, so I don't expect much to change - there will be new ways to accomodate player stockpiles.

I'm with @Gutter Boy here - the rules should be simple, universal and easy to enforce. An ownership limit would go a long way to solve the issue, IMO. If you have a maximum number of players allowed, and want to spend your cheat mode money on the next Haaland/Mbappe/Neymar, you'd be forced to sell a player before buying your new toy. Enforced in the right way, this could cool down the transfer market too, as the likes of City and Chelski wouldn't be able to throw their unlimited money at everyone and their dog.

Not holding my breath for any measures that will contribute to an actual levelling of the playing field, though.

Big clubs (e.g. Chelsea, City) are already either owning clubs in other leagues or creating affiliations in order to loan out young players they own the rights to. With this rule, they'll just be sneakier about how they deliver their young prospects to such clubs.

Couldn't see this anywhere so thought I'd post it. If it's already in a thread somewhere then can the mods please merge?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...will-limit-clubs-to-six-loan-exits-per-season

Seems a step in the right direction and will help stop clubs like Chelsea hooving up talent and loaning it out. I'd like to see this go a step further and for the maximum of 8 players over 21 out on loan to be all encompassing, as opposed to players who were club trained not counting towards this number.

I expect this may instead result in more Emirates Marketing Project type structures with sister clubs in different federations as well as buy-back deals becoming even more prevalent (I think buy-backs should be banned).

They will just put a £1 buy back clause in

or something stupid

Clubs shouldnt be allowed to loan their players to teams in their own competition. E G, Chelseas ( its always them) Conor Gallager , at Palace. Helping to take points off Chelseas rivals but cant play against his patent club.
Wrong on all levels.

Good intentions (for once), but as you say - it will be circumvented. It's currently a system that benefits the powerful, so it won't be stopped.

I would like to see something very simple, like each club is only allowed 25 players aged 21 or over in anyway owed by or affiliated to them. That would stop the hoarding.

The Goons would never play a game!

Why 21? Players sign professional contracts at 18. Chelsea etc... would still be able to hoard players 18 to 21.

Back