• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City*** OMT

@Finney Is Back and @Glenda's Legs what was the tannoy announcement they kept on repeating about when leaving the ground

They were just asking Spurs fans to vacate the stadium, either by the stairs or by the tunnel. That's all I heard anyway.

Just saw something else that reminded me - there were some announcements a bit earlier, before the end of the match, about a road being closed due to a security incident. Is that what you were thinking of?

It's really funny how people see things differently. I thought Kane had one of his best games for us in ages - probably all season.

He looked sharp, aggressive, lean and moved quickly. He scored one suoerb goal, hit the post, had one cleared off the line and had several shots on goal, many of which he engineered himself. On another night, with his shooting boots on, he could easily have four or more goals.

What was even more important thoug was that he led the line well, something he really hasn't been doing all season. He competed well with the centre halves, he held the ball up well ( enabling our midfield three to completely control the game ( something that also hasn't happened in a long while) and he spread the ball about to both wings, particularly to Reggie in the first half and Doherty in the second half ( enabling him to have his best game in a Spurs shirt).

An all-round top performance by Kane. Let's hope he continues in the same vain against Chelscum and not revert to his timid self against their more robust centre halves. We need him on this sort of form.

The only thing I would change would be taking him off free kick duty !!!!

My frustration is just that he seems very much to want to shoot on sight. There’s no denying his quality but, I feel as if sometimes he needs to choose the better option to pass. My frustration was in the heat of the moment and I know I was overly harsh at the time. I think he needs someone up there with him, an actual strike partner. Lucas Moura does well but not sure if he’s the definition of a strike partner.

My frustration is just that he seems very much to want to shoot on sight. There’s no denying his quality but, I feel as if sometimes he needs to choose the better option to pass. My frustration was in the heat of the moment and I know I was overly harsh at the time. I think he needs someone up there with him, an actual strike partner. Lucas Moura does well but not sure if he’s the definition of a strike partner.

I kind of know what you mean. There were some occasions last night when I thought he should have passed rather than take the shot. But then I remind myself that I have no idea what picture Kane is seeing in that split second when he makes the decision/instinct kicks in - a gap in the defence, a badly positioned keeper etc. Given what we know he can do, he's the player I'd be least annoyed with for taking what might seem like speculative shots.

It's really funny how people see things differently. I thought Kane had one of his best games for us in ages - probably all season.

He looked sharp, aggressive, lean and moved quickly. He scored one suoerb goal, hit the post, had one cleared off the line and had several shots on goal, many of which he engineered himself. On another night, with his shooting boots on, he could easily have four or more goals.

What was even more important thoug was that he led the line well, something he really hasn't been doing all season. He competed well with the centre halves, he held the ball up well ( enabling our midfield three to completely control the game ( something that also hasn't happened in a long while) and he spread the ball about to both wings, particularly to Reggie in the first half and Doherty in the second half ( enabling him to have his best game in a Spurs shirt).

An all-round top performance by Kane. Let's hope he continues in the same vain against Chelscum and not revert to his timid self against their more robust centre halves. We need him on this sort of form.

The only thing I would change would be taking him off free kick duty !!!!
He was brilliant. It was one of the best, all round, centre forward performances I have ever seen (and I've seen lots of them due to us being lucky enough to have had Harry Kane at the club).

I've had many good times away at Leicester but last night tops the lot. Was absolute pandemonium in there even just at the last gasp equaliser.... We hadn't actually stopped celebrating that when suddenly Bergwijn was through one on one. I have literally zero voice this morning (which is awkward as I've got a 90 minute investor update this afternoon).

We got what we deserved last night eventually, we were better than Leicester all over. Looks to me as though Conte has really been working with the team on its shape. It was noticeable that Davies and Tanganga were making sprints to get into the inside channels as soon as we won the ball. There were also moments when Sanchez would join the attack and one of the other back three and Hojbjerg would fill in. It was nice to see a Spurs team that fluid, though Leicester's zero press helped that a lot.

The other thing that was really noticeable was how closely Bergwijn played to Kane. I thought Conte's comments about Bergy being a second striker were a bit strange but having seen his cameo last night I now know why I'm in finance and Conte is an elite manager. Bergwijn's mixture of explosive pace, good touch and upper body strength make him a very good partner for a centre forward like Kane.

It seemed to take an age for his 2-3 shot to cross the line.... That whole run happened in slow motion for me in the stands, I was still convinced it was going to hit the post and come back out even after it had clearly gone in. I somehow ended up 2 rows forward from my seat after that goal and have no recollection of how I actually got there. What an end to a night where we played some very good football indeed. Let's hope that those 2 minutes are the ones that end up having secured us CL football come the end of the season!

I made exactly the same comment about Conte, Bergy and myself hahahahaha…yes, would love to have been over for that one BUT the joy was still immense! How did the meeting go? :)

He was brilliant. It was one of the best, all round, centre forward performances I have ever seen (and I've seen lots of them due to us being lucky enough to have had Harry Kane at the club).

He looks like he has adjusted to his new leaner self. Was faster last night than I remember seeing him forever…the biggest thing for me was the look in his eyes post match. Sparkling! Really really engaged and excited like the Poch era…exciting…

Daniel Mann was the play-by-play voice for the world feed, with Chris Sutton doing nicely as his co-commentator. Great call for the final goal:

And how long will there be? We're already into time on top. (Kane makes the final pass) And Bergwijn's going through! And can he finish it here?! Steven BergwiiIIIIIIJN! WINS IT! ASTONISHING STUFF! Well you could not have greater impact as a substitute than that.

Great hand-held camera work from the sideline rover getting right into the wild scenes of jubilation. Loved how Hojbjerg's arm appears from the left side to grab Bergwijn's shirt and stop him from going further into the crowd.

I've had many good times away at Leicester but last night tops the lot. Was absolute pandemonium in there even just at the last gasp equaliser.... We hadn't actually stopped celebrating that when suddenly Bergwijn was through one on one. I have literally zero voice this morning (which is awkward as I've got a 90 minute investor update this afternoon).

We got what we deserved last night eventually, we were better than Leicester all over. Looks to me as though Conte has really been working with the team on its shape. It was noticeable that Davies and Tanganga were making sprints to get into the inside channels as soon as we won the ball. There were also moments when Sanchez would join the attack and one of the other back three and Hojbjerg would fill in. It was nice to see a Spurs team that fluid, though Leicester's zero press helped that a lot.

The other thing that was really noticeable was how closely Bergwijn played to Kane. I thought Conte's comments about Bergy being a second striker were a bit strange but having seen his cameo last night I now know why I'm in finance and Conte is an elite manager. Bergwijn's mixture of explosive pace, good touch and upper body strength make him a very good partner for a centre forward like Kane.

It seemed to take an age for his 2-3 shot to cross the line.... That whole run happened in slow motion for me in the stands, I was still convinced it was going to hit the post and come back out even after it had clearly gone in. I somehow ended up 2 rows forward from my seat after that goal and have no recollection of how I actually got there. What an end to a night where we played some very good football indeed. Let's hope that those 2 minutes are the ones that end up having secured us CL football come the end of the season!

The description of Bergy you gave above sounds like another Spurs great... Defoe....i wonder if we can get Stevie to play like Jermain did for us.

Two other things to comment on too...

Has a team ever lead for less time in a game, having been behind for so long?

Also, fair play to Bergy and Kane getting the ball back after the equaliser. They could easily have basked in the glory of equalising so late and run the clock down....thats Conte for you....

This moment clearly meant a lot to Harry.
Did you see how he couldn't stop grinning in the post-match interview?
Feels like he's properly getting back on board with us.

It was great to see him like that. I do think he enjoys beating Leicester as well!
Plus I could still feel the adrenalin of that moment for hours after. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like for the players.

Back