• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City*** OMT

I was one of those posting. I continue to feel that Kane was a selfish tosser for most of the match. Any sight of goal and he was trying a shot. But little did I know that he had this planned all along. I mean had he scored earlier the match never could have ever as dramatically as it did.

I think we escaped the clutches of defeat. We haven’t played greatly recently. We got the win through team spirit and a mad few minutes but performance wise let’s not pretend that we don’t still have a lot to improve upon. It’s a valuable three points, some great excitement, but it’s now how we push on from here that counts.

Chelsea away will be tough. I want to see us put in a good performance whatever the result. Let’s use tonight’s win as the launchpad for a new and improved Spurs.
We created 4.5 xG. This is probably one of the 5 highest in the league this season. Yes, we gave up 1.9 xG, but we had 2 of our starting CBs out. How much better do you want us to play?

European awaydays are the best. Night before singing in the pubs. Then in a town square before the game. Then trying to back to the town center to find a pub afterwards. Love it.
Some great ones for sure…I love a good awayday wherever!

We created 4.5 xG. This is probably one of the 5 highest in the league this season. Yes, we gave up 1.9 xG, but we had 2 of our starting CBs out. How much better do you want us to play?

Fully agree.

I was one of those posting. I continue to feel that Kane was a selfish tosser for most of the match. Any sight of goal and he was trying a shot. But little did I know that he had this planned all along. I mean had he scored earlier the match never could have ever as dramatically as it did.

I think we escaped the clutches of defeat. We haven’t played greatly recently. We got the win through team spirit and a mad few minutes but performance wise let’s not pretend that we don’t still have a lot to improve upon. It’s a valuable three points, some great excitement, but it’s now how we push on from here that counts.

Chelsea away will be tough. I want to see us put in a good performance whatever the result. Let’s use tonight’s win as the launchpad for a new and improved Spurs.

We haven't been great recently, sure. We were excellent against Leicester though. We escaped the clutches of defeat very late on, but we were behind despite being clearly the better team. That happens.

I love Kane shooting from range, from strange angles. He still finds the pass most of the time if a good pass is on. But Kane taking a lot of shots and speculative shots that's a good sign for me.

Chelsea will be very tough, but if this performance doesn't give you hope I don't know what will

Just watched the highlights - key moment...... after the 2-2 both Bergwijn and Kane went straight to get the ball and battled Schmiechel to get it.
That attitude is key.

That was the Bergwijn on the YouTube vids from PSV today - a forward, not a winger. His finishing is average, but his directness and pace will mean he gets more opportunities, so let's see more of him up there, see what he's got.

He could be our Belgian Sterling. :D:p

This match is going to go down in history. Latest ever comeback. Steven Bergwijn showing that he can finish. Getting one up over Leicester. Really this was a Hall of Fame match that will be remembered as fondly as the comeback against West Ham in which Stalteri netted the late winner.

is this the start of Bergwijn’ Hero status?
Will this be the catalyst to having a winning mentality? Will people start using the term ‘Leicestery’ instead of ‘sexy’… this is indeed a new dawn. Let’s believe. Let’s achieve. COYS

I certainly expect commentators to bring up our comeback every time Leicester go into extra time with a one goal lead.

Come to think of it, I expect them to bring it up whenever any team goes into extra time with a one goal lead.

I didn't cheer Kane's goal as from the TV angle I couldn't see the defender, thought it was offside and expected var to rule it out...

I just had a mild fist pump when Bergwiyn scored the equaliser as I was still disappointed that we didn't get all three points..

When the third goal went in, and despite being 61 years old, I went f...ing mad.. Jumping up and down, kicking furniture and screaming at Leicester players with words that begin with the letters W and C... So much so that my throat still feels a bit sore this morning..

I mentioned yesterday on the Bergwiyn thread that he needs to play with a smile on his face with a bit of Brian Clough style management... We might just see that now...

Come on you beautiful, wondrous and mighty Spurs.

Just watched the goals back again and have to say Hojberg take your hat off mate. He's jot had his best season but he was central to all three goals as he assisted the assist each time. Add to that the block against Barnes and he really did a fantastic job last night.

Anyone else think Tielemans looked like he was trying to throw the game? Awful from a quality player!

I certainly expect commentators to bring up our comeback every time Leicester go into extra time with a one goal lead.

Come to think of it, I expect them to bring it up whenever any team goes into extra time with a one goal lead.

Might also mean that opponents are more nervous against us when they hold a one goal lead. They will be more than aware of our ability to comeback against them.

I didn't cheer Kane's goal as from the TV angle I couldn't see the defender, thought it was offside and expected var to rule it out...

I just had a mild fist pump when Bergwiyn scored the equaliser as I was still disappointed that we didn't get all three points..

When the third goal went in, and despite being 61 years old, I went f...ing mad.. Jumping up and down, kicking furniture and screaming at Leicester players with words that begin with the letters W and C... So much so that my throat still feels a bit sore this morning..

I mentioned yesterday on the Bergwiyn thread that he needs to play with a smile on his face with a bit of Brian Clough style management... We might just see that now...

Come on you beautiful, wondrous and mighty Spurs.

I didn't cheer our equalizer, was sure it was either offside or handball.

Back