• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Interesting comments there. Sounds as though there are some targets he thinks we can get that might not be us getting the best deal possible but he feels would help us gain more points. If we do nothing and end up 5th to 7th just a few points off of CL (or even Europa) football I wonder how that would affect Conte at the end of the season.

The club has no money, so we either need Lewis to invest (no chance), Levy to wrap up the outsider investment in the next week (near on no chance) or for someone to buy some of our average squad players (small chance).

If not all we can do is loans or loans with future options to buy etc IF the selling club agrees it.

In summary strong possibility we do no business at all.

Honestly, I love hearing this. None of the usual 'I am happy with my squad' faux diffidence. I want some fudging players damn it!

I agree with you wholeheartedly but I'm not sure Levy will feel the same. We're a club with a lot of politics apparently and we don't like giving too much away in public that might reflect badly on the club. I hope Conte either knows something is happening or this prompts something to happen.

If we go through this window and sign no one, the pressure on Levy will be huge. Fans will combust and these comments will be used by the media to show how "unhappy" Conte is.

I agree with you wholeheartedly but I'm not sure Levy will feel the same. We're a club with a lot of politics apparently and we don't like giving too much away in public that might reflect badly on the club. I hope Conte either knows something is happening or this prompts something to happen.

If we go through this window and sign no one, the pressure on Levy will be huge. Fans will combust and these comments will be used by the media to show how "unhappy" Conte is.
Oh absolutely. I wasn't suggesting that conte's comments were any indication that we were definitely going to make signings, just refreshing that he's not afraid to say we he wants and needs new players!

One of the many problems we face is that Conte's go to formation includes playing with wingbacks but we do not have a decent right wingback at the club

Nice discussion about how conte has gotten on so far (pre leicester game). Interesting about the xg, especially as fans think we haven't dominated games.

My GHod people are young nowadays. I couldn't believe how young and immature they were, then he said he might be "ageing out" after his 10 years of service. Jesus Christ.

Think you'll find people have always been that young. You've just never been this old.

Cannot give him enough credit for the performance yesterday.

First the starting lineup, I know plenty of people had issues with it, but we dominated Leicester away and should have been ahead by 1-2 goals at half time.

Then the Doherty sub. Such a good sub. Who saw that coming?

Obviously we won't see this every game, but it does feel like Conte now has a really good understanding of the squad and how to get the best of them in different circumstances.

Cannot give him enough credit for the performance yesterday.

First the starting lineup, I know plenty of people had issues with it, but we dominated Leicester away and should have been ahead by 1-2 goals at half time.

Then the Doherty sub. Such a good sub. Who saw that coming?

Obviously we won't see this every game, but it does feel like Conte now has a really good understanding of the squad and how to get the best of them in different circumstances.

I thought he got that one nailed on but was surprised he took Winks off as we ceded control after that. I saw what he wanted to do with Lo Celso, but I’d have taken off PEH…which is why I am not Antonio Conte, who knew that PEH would Pirlo pass for the equalizer and cut out Tielemans pass for the winner!

I thought he got that one nailed on but was surprised he took Winks off as we ceded control after that. I saw what he wanted to do with Lo Celso, but I’d have taken off PEH…which is why I am not Antonio Conte, who knew that PEH would Pirlo pass for the equalizer and cut out Tielemans pass for the winner!

Tbf i doubt even conte knew that.

Agree with that
Winks was doing the right things and imO Hojdjberg looked tired again

Conte needs more penetration through the centre. Winks, Hojberg and Skipp combos so far isn't doing it enough to open up defences. Shooting from outside of the box was something we did well under Poch but seem to have forgotten.

To me successful tactics for a defensive play is to snuff the danger centrally and force play down the wings. That's how we've been forced to play generally under Conte.

Investments should be in central mid and backs imo. CBs that push up and fall back fast to support attack in numbers, and CMs that provide a constant assist threat (like Eriksen did) while being able to sneak goals in too.

Only then can we start objectively evaluating out wingbacks.

Back