• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Boris couldn't be further from the right of any sensible party - you should be happy with him.

He spaffs our money up the wall and spends his days telling us what to do with our lives. That's leftist 101.
Not everything can be viewed through the prism of money. The wall-to-wall gaslighting, attempts to silence the non-compliant media, attacks on the judiciary, putting oneself above the law, eliminating any checks on the ruling party, hobbling the elections regulator, robbing the state's coffers, breaking bread with other tyrants, curbing citizens rights, etc. And I haven't even waded into the draconian measures in the bills they are trying to push through. It all sounds a bit right-wingnut to me or authoritarian 101 if you prefer.

Not everything can be viewed through the prism of money. The wall-to-wall gaslighting, attempts to silence the non-compliant media, attacks on the judiciary, putting oneself above the law, eliminating any checks on the ruling party, hobbling the elections regulator, robbing the state's coffers, breaking bread with other tyrants, curbing citizens rights, etc. And I haven't even waded into the draconian measures in the bills they are trying to push through. It all sounds a bit right-wingnut to me or authoritarian 101 if you prefer.

He's economically left of Tory, but socially right. The opposite of Cameron/Osborne. Fascist rather than Neo-lib if you like.

PMQ's is a good watch today

It's really interesting how it's all collapsing so fast for him, but that now the MPs are worried that if it happens too fast he might actually win the no confidence vote (due to the balance with PMs being expected to be back in their constituencies on Fridays). So they are now having to teeter with the knife for a day or two

You just can't trust the Tories to run the economy in a prudent manner can you? From out of control spending, tax hikes, through to shortages and now out of control inflation. They need to be replaced by competent economic managers in the form of Labour.
Agreed. Wait. Is this irony or not? I'm confused. Ha ha ha? Ha. Mmm that is a truly bizarre twisting of reality.

You just can't trust the Tories to run the economy in a prudent manner can you? From out of control spending, tax hikes, through to shortages and now out of control inflation. They need to be replaced by competent economic managers in the form of Labour.

At least we didn’t get a shambolic, chaotic leader like Corbyn.

Oh, hang on…

A labour man using the word prudent......
now where have I heard that before?:rolleyes:

He couldn't be more wrong.

The reason we have politicians like Johnson is because the electorate is full of halfwits. The Conservatives (correctly) calculated that a leader like him is far more likely to get voted for.

This is nothing to do with any party's system - look at who Labour had in charge until recently. Someone just as dishonest, half as intelligent and with a political outlook that was proven to fail two generations ago.

He couldn't be more wrong.

The reason we have politicians like Johnson is because the electorate is full of halfwits. The Conservatives (correctly) calculated that a leader like him is far more likely to get voted for.

This is nothing to do with any party's system - look at who Labour had in charge until recently. Someone just as dishonest, half as intelligent and with a political outlook that was proven to fail two generations ago.

You can accuse Jermey Corbyn of many things, but he is no crook, like Boris is.

He won’t resign, they’ll have to get him for something and kick him out.

Would be weird for a no confidence vote in such a one sided parliament to be held.

We have impeachment rules too, although it’s been about 300 years since they were used I think.

Oh well, no comparison then is there, because Johnson IS a crook.
And Corbyn is an anti-semite.

These comparisons are silly. The important point is that all the time we allow the halfwits in this country to have a vote, we'll get party leaders like Johnson and Corbyn.

Back