• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

Annoying that it's looking like we're spending the whole window trying to get a player in who can't even get into Wolves first team
Showing real ambition as always Spurs !!
IF we won our 4 games in hand we would be 3rd and close to 2nd
A few signings next week could really help that and then we would be in pole position for the riches of the CL once again
But no
Any transfer that seems to have links to Jorge Mendes or Mino Raiola is not going to be swift or pain-free unless too much money changes hands.
Traore is not directly represented by Mendes, but considering the hooks that man has in Wolves, there's no way he isn't having his opinion heard

Any transfer that seems to have links to Jorge Mendes or Mino Raiola is not going to be swift or pain-free unless too much money changes hands.
Traore is not directly represented by Mendes, but considering the hooks that man has in Wolves, there's no way he isn't having his opinion heard

That's a new euphemism to me

Coutinho is only a loan - no real risk
Think with Dinge is better than Sess/would allow see to push forwad and rotate with reggy

The risk with Coutinho is clear, but it's not mainly a financial one. We see every game the consequences of having players that aren't great fits in our current system. We've seen it for years. We don't need more of them.

Digne is a good player, but spending any money at left wing back when we have Sessegnon and Reguilon there and massive holes elsewhere in the squad would be baffling.

Wolves have signed a winger, does that mean movement, for Tarore?
Not that it’s impossible it could indicate something, but it appears there are two scenarios that crop up every transfer window that some posters always think means we are signing a certain player when it ends up it doesn’t mean any such thing.

1) Rumoured target’s club sign a player in the same position, therefore must mean target is imminently coming to us

2) Rumoured target is not in the starting eleven/in squad for match, therefore must mean we are about to sign him

Time and time again it doesn’t happen, but doesn’t stop the same chat occur next window about someone:D…..

Tattoo time?

nintchdbpict000004447313.jpg

Could have the complete wrong end of the stick. But when Conte talks about taking maybe not the best player but “something” is he thinking of Traore?

Are you confident of having at least one new signing before the end of the transfer window?

“I don't know. I know that the transfer window in January is always very difficult and it is more simple when you start the season to buy important players. In January it is not easy, but at the same time we know very well that if there is the opportunity and also if it's not the best opportunity, but we need to do something.

Also if I repeat that this could not be the best opportunity but I think that we are in a situation where we have to try to implement the squad because the squad is not so big.”

We’ve been trying with more svelte signings but they know they can bode their time until the summer. Any player worth their salt completes the season and move over the summer. Traore is a fallback option maybe. Bolster the squad and a bit of a wild card - try something.

Could have the complete wrong end of the stick. But when Conte talks about taking maybe not the best player but “something” is he thinking of Traore?

Are you confident of having at least one new signing before the end of the transfer window?

“I don't know. I know that the transfer window in January is always very difficult and it is more simple when you start the season to buy important players. In January it is not easy, but at the same time we know very well that if there is the opportunity and also if it's not the best opportunity, but we need to do something.

Also if I repeat that this could not be the best opportunity but I think that we are in a situation where we have to try to implement the squad because the squad is not so big.”

We’ve been trying with more svelte signings but they know they can bode their time until the summer. Any player worth their salt completes the season and move over the summer. Traore is a fallback option maybe. Bolster the squad and a bit of a wild card - try something.
I’m not sure about that, but who knows. Personally I think a better example would be the apparent attempted signing of Martial on loan that was rejected. He can cover both Kane and the the AM positions, and being a loan works so in the summer we could sign a better quality player. That sort of move makes sense to me, in terms of plugging a gap for now with a decent standard but inconsistent player and recognising the better opportunities for transfers will be in the summer….

I think that he's saying if we're really short in a particular area then perhaps we don't wait out for the best signing - is that RWB? For me with Royal and Doherty available no, could be attacking options or elsewhere though

To me its more likely to be related to Vlahovic than Traore

Vlahovic would be a statement type signing ("the best opportunity") to use the words above but "we need to do something" - he's spoken about the stupidity of only having one CF a few times.

I think it says we've moved on from Vlahovic for now, and are probably looking at loan CF signings and then revisit in the summer

No doubt we want a striker. Contes point is, in Jan you can’t just get a quality player in, so better to get some reinforcements. May not be like for like.

The problem is spending 20m means you have less to spend when the rights players are available. So logically you don’t want an inforior striker, who’ll be replaced, you want a slightly different player who’ll bolster the attack.

Back