• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

So Dele and Lucas Moura are really our only transfer window successes in January throughout all that time. And to think we expected good things this window…..

ENIC need to invest properly or fudge off

Always amazes me that people believe we will change our policy around transfers while the same people own the club. The approach is baked in. It'll be lastminute.com as per, with a reasonable likelihood of nothing happening at all.

One day you hope that the penny will drop and the owners will realise that investment can actually create profit. I mean they are an investment company, so you’d like to think that they had some knowledge about how investment to grow opportunities work.
Had we not stayed still for those transfer windows under Pochettino then we may well have improved, or at least held our position, which would have brought in a lot more money as a consequence with CL payments instead of those very minimal amounts that we received from being in the Conference League this season. We have lost more money by dropping down the pecking order than possibly we would need to have spent out.

But instead of penny dropping it appears as if the club want to spend pennies. ENIC out.

So Dele and Lucas Moura are really our only transfer window successes in January throughout all that time. And to think we expected good things this window…..

You clearly haven’t noticed one of our all time greats at the top left corner of diamond’s chart, won’t stand for that kind of disrespect to someone who changed the way we saw football itself.

I'd be interested to see other top half EPL clubs' equivalent. January has always been about really desperate clubs (usually relegation threatened) overpaying for pretty crap players.

Getting Moura in January turned out to be a real coup didn't it

I'd be interested to see other top half EPL clubs' equivalent. January has always been about really desperate clubs (usually relegation threatened) overpaying for pretty crap players.

Getting Moura in January turned out to be a real coup didn't it

The signing of Moura is a strange one. I remember when he was first making his break through, he was this exciting player that would take anyone on, and was thought to be the next top, top player. Whilst he never quite made it to that height, what he has provided us with is a solid work rate, key goals including his hat trick against Ajax which is arguably the last real great night as a Spurs supporter, and a willingness to run at the opposition to create space for others and, at times to score spectacularly, as he did against Norwich. It shows what can happen if the club gets that opportunity and actually spends what is required. I rate him highly still, and although I think he could produce more consistency in terms of his end product, he is a great player to have at the club, and is more than capable of creating those moments of magic that get us all excited.

The signing of Moura is a strange one. I remember when he was first making his break through, he was this exciting player that would take anyone on, and was thought to be the next top, top player. Whilst he never quite made it to that height, what he has provided us with is a solid work rate, key goals including his hat trick against Ajax which is arguably the last real great night as a Spurs supporter, and a willingness to run at the opposition to create space for others and, at times to score spectacularly, as he did against Norwich. It shows what can happen if the club gets that opportunity and actually spends what is required. I rate him highly still, and although I think he could produce more consistency in terms of his end product, he is a great player to have at the club, and is more than capable of creating those moments of magic that get us all excited.

I think the issue was that under Poch, the DESK front 4 always picked itself, so Moura was always an impact sub or cover for one of those. It's only since Alli waned and GLC/Ndombele didn't spark that Moura has become much more of a fixture. But for the money we paid, he's been a real good buy, and hopefully plenty more to come.

I am amazed that there are fans who believe signings in Jan are real top players, most are stop gaps at best ( i am not just talking about our club but all of them). We are in a situation where we need top players not stop gaps we have enough of them in the squad allready.

We ALL know we need a massive clear out, what we do not need is just more squad fillers and no matter what some think Jan is not a good time to buy the TOP players. We live in hope though.

I am amazed that there are fans who believe signings in Jan are real top players, most are stop gaps at best ( i am not just talking about our club but all of them). We are in a situation where we need top players not stop gaps we have enough of them in the squad allready.

We ALL know we need a massive clear out, what we do not need is just more squad fillers and no matter what some think Jan is not a good time to buy the TOP players. We live in hope though.

Moot point.

We wont be buying top players under this owner in january or anytime else because the clubs finances have been severely hit by covid. This window and the next few will need outside investment if we want top players and that will not come from your husband.

Moot point.

We wont be buying top players under this owner in january or anytime else because the clubs finances have been severely hit by covid. This window and the next few will need outside investment if we want top players and that will not come from your husband.

WUM.

One day you hope that the penny will drop and the owners will realise that investment can actually create profit. I mean they are an investment company, so you’d like to think that they had some knowledge about how investment to grow opportunities work.
Had we not stayed still for those transfer windows under Pochettino then we may well have improved, or at least held our position, which would have brought in a lot more money as a consequence with CL payments instead of those very minimal amounts that we received from being in the Conference League this season. We have lost more money by dropping down the pecking order than possibly we would need to have spent out.

But instead of penny dropping it appears as if the club want to spend pennies. ENIC out.

Joe Lewis and Levy invested around 100m, 20 years ago. Today, that investment is worth up to 2bn. If you're just looking get into football to invest, that's a spectacularly successful investment. By all accounts Lewis has no interest in football so id imagine he's a very happy bunny with that return.

It is a bit painful as a fan going through this again. But we should also understand that "ah just pay the money and get it done" is very easy when you're a fan and don't have to be responsible for the decision. Levy is literally being asked to spend tens of millions on players who may be worth fudge all in a couple of years, be on 200k a week (that's 10m a year) and who ultimately may make little or no difference (think Rebrov, Soldado, Ndombele).

I'm seeing a lot of criticism online at the moment. Firstly, we are a couple of weeks into a 4 week window. Let's sit tight. Secondly, the Jan window is very tough to do season-changing business in. We need to be realistic. I'll be disappointed if we don't improve the squad this window but I don't expect more than a couple of players tops. I also think summer is the big one for us and will determine how Conte's reign pans out.

Equally though, we have a chance to push for top 4. We have one of the most successful managers of recent times in charge. We have a great set up. So if we do not invest then we are showing a serious lack of ambition.

It’s a fair argument and a fair point. As a fan, I completely agree. I don’t want another Nelson and Saha window. But we could also spunk 100m on a couple of players and still miss out. Every option is fraught with risk. I think Levy is fiscally very conservative, too conservative even for my liking. But, to be fair to him, his approach does have its merits.

Equally though, we have a chance to push for top 4. We have one of the most successful managers of recent times in charge. We have a great set up. So if we do not invest then we are showing a serious lack of ambition.

Which £40m game changer is available this window, if we did have the money?

Griezmann - has had his fingers burnt and wants to go home
Dembele - is he better than Moura, questionable attitude

Any others?

Joe Lewis and Levy invested around 100m, 20 years ago. Today, that investment is worth up to 2bn. If you're just looking get into football to invest, that's a spectacularly successful investment. By all accounts Lewis has no interest in football so id imagine he's a very happy bunny with that return.

It is a bit painful as a fan going through this again. But we should also understand that "ah just pay the money and get it done" is very easy when you're a fan and don't have to be responsible for the decision. Levy is literally being asked to spend tens of millions on players who may be worth fudge all in a couple of years, be on 200k a week (that's 10m a year) and who ultimately may make little or no difference (think Rebrov, Soldado, Ndombele).

I'm seeing a lot of criticism online at the moment. Firstly, we are a couple of weeks into a 4 week window. Let's sit tight. Secondly, the Jan window is very tough to do season-changing business in. We need to be realistic. I'll be disappointed if we don't improve the squad this window but I don't expect more than a couple of players tops. I also think summer is the big one for us and will determine how Conte's reign pans out.

To be honest, I’m as interested in getting some out as I am in getting some in.

Which £40m game changer is available this window, if we did have the money?

Griezmann - has had his fingers burnt and wants to go home
Dembele - is he better than Moura, questionable attitude

Any others?

Coutinho would have been a decent loan move. Available for £33 million if it worked out. Creative, good from dead balls and attack-minded.

Hard to think of a better fit really.

To be honest, I’m as interested in getting some out as I am in getting some in.

That's a massive issue. There are a only handful of clubs in europe that have money. The only one i think that might be interested at all in our unwanted players is Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Even if i'm not that dure they would be, and not sure our players will go there. Even for bundles of cash. Dele maybe?

Back