• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Arsenal OMT POSTPONED ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance of any such logic from the PL.

Also I see a few people mention the precedent. Blatantly the next time this happens to an unfashionable club they will just move the goal posts and pretend this didn’t happen.

This! Fvcking all day long this!

Bunch of clams, right across the sport.
Oh well at least we can look forward to being hammered by chelsea 3x in a row next.

If they suddenly have enough players for the semi they should be made to forfeit that game and play us with the team they select.

If they suddenly have enough players for the semi they should be made to forfeit that game and play us with the team they select.

In my mind, there is no IF about it. They will all of a sudden have a team available to play that game, and it stinks. As Liverpool players have AFCON absentees, they should apply for a postponement stating they too have a player with COVID and absentees due to injury

Getting really tinkled off and disapointed with the game i have played, worked in and supported since i was 13, its become a joke and i have lost the love i have had for nearly 60 years. Its a tinkle take and corrupt in so many ways. :oops:
I said I'd stop watching after the super lge stuff - yet here I still am.....

Club statement

We regret to announce that Sunday’s north London derby against Arsenal has been postponed.

This follows an application from Arsenal to the Premier League on the basis of a combination of COVID, existing and recent injuries and players on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations.

We are extremely surprised that this application has been approved.

We ourselves were disqualified from the European Conference League after a significant number of COVID cases meant we needed to reschedule a fixture and our application to move our Leicester fixture was not approved - only for it to be subsequently postponed when Leicester applied.

The original intention of the guidance - here - was to deal with player availability directly affected by COVID cases, resulting in depleted squads that when taken together with injuries would result in the club being unable to field a team.

We do not believe it was the intent to deal with player availability unrelated to COVID.

We may now be seeing the unintended consequences of this rule.

It is important to have clarity and consistency on the application of the rule.

Yet again fans have seen their plans disrupted at unacceptably short notice.

We shall once again send food deliveries to the local food banks to avoid unacceptable waste.

We are sincerely sorry for our fans - some of whom will have travelled great distances.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2022/january/club-statement-spurs-v-arsenal/

Back in the day, we got dumped on for not fielding our strongest team in an inconsequential league match a couple of days before at big euro game. ISTR we started the next season with a points deduction, one joke being the similarity between Moscow and Tottenham ... both -12 in August.

Blackpool had something similar and Ian Holloway said all his players were registered for the first team squad and he was the manager. They got 9pts deduction ?

Other teams had done the same previously, but were not punished. The FA moved their cup schedule to help United, who then chose not to play even a weakened team.

The organisations have changed names, but their does seem to be an inherent bias towards certain clubs ... it's the inequity that is all wrong.

also - having read the club statement, I look forward to someone getting sued for bringing the game into disrepute

Club statement

We regret to announce that Sunday’s north London derby against Arsenal has been postponed.

This follows an application from Arsenal to the Premier League on the basis of a combination of COVID, existing and recent injuries and players on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations.

We are extremely surprised that this application has been approved.

We ourselves were disqualified from the European Conference League after a significant number of COVID cases meant we needed to reschedule a fixture and our application to move our Leicester fixture was not approved - only for it to be subsequently postponed when Leicester applied.

The original intention of the guidance - here - was to deal with player availability directly affected by COVID cases, resulting in depleted squads that when taken together with injuries would result in the club being unable to field a team.

We do not believe it was the intent to deal with player availability unrelated to COVID.

We may now be seeing the unintended consequences of this rule.

It is important to have clarity and consistency on the application of the rule.

Yet again fans have seen their plans disrupted at unacceptably short notice.

We shall once again send food deliveries to the local food banks to avoid unacceptable waste.

We are sincerely sorry for our fans - some of whom will have travelled great distances.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2022/january/club-statement-spurs-v-arsenal/

So what are Levy and co going to do about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back