• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Arsenal OMT POSTPONED ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all the sky pundits are saying it should not be called of then i don't think it will. That's a rather pointed message from sky.

It's skys big game this weekend, no way will they want it cancelled.
Sky have a product to sell, as soon as that product becomes unreliable they have an issue.
A point will come when the PL will be told, play or we need to start looking at the deal.

I think it also harms the integrity of the PL as a competition. Neither the PL nor Sky will want that - anything which harms the commercial appeal of the PL is unlikely to be tolerated

If all the sky pundits are saying it should not be called of then i don't think it will. That's a rather pointed message from sky.

It's skys big game this weekend, no way will they want it cancelled.
Sky have a product to sell, as soon as that product becomes unreliable they have an issue.
A point will come when the PL will be told, play or we need to start looking at the deal.

There's also a worldwide audience in places like the US and Asia. This would go down badly there especially with high profile people in the media calling it for what it is.

Pre covid, this wouldn't have been considered. They have 1 covid case apparently. If that's genuinely the case, they play or forfeit. Middlesbrough got hit with a forfeit twenty years ago for this. That was the clear choice we were given for what was the most important game in our recent history at that point in 2006. The PL is on dangerous ground here.

If this game is called off it will be the final straw for me, this is not the game I love. The media have destroyed it and replaced it with celebrities and entitled couch potato fans. I much preferred the version I started watching and the people who watched and played. I dont give a brick about what fast food or craft beer I can buy and dont want to wear merchandise nor do I want to know anything about the players likes or dislikes. It's a game you watch or play with your mates in your spare time period.

There's got to be a rule that games can only be called off with 48 hours notice. It bricks over everyone travelling, which these days are from all corners of the globe

There's got to be a rule that games can only be called off with 48 hours notice. It bricks over everyone travelling, which these days are from all corners of the globe

I said it at the start of all this covid cancellation stuff that the PL needed to set some firms rules - how many players need to have covid for a game to be called off, when decisions have to made etc.

The PL has been pretty poor in not putting place a proper framework and communicating it.

I said it at the start of all this covid cancellation stuff that the PL needed to set some firms rules - how many players need to have covid for a game to be called off, when decisions have to made etc.

The PL has been pretty poor in not putting place a proper framework and communicating it.
They have the rule
It’s abs out availability of non covid players
The issue is they have allowed leeway with including the words experienced and injuries…. Injuries are not covid related despite the talk that they can impact on players fitness
And experience is kinda irrelevant in a squad game.

The issue is they have allowed leeway with including the words experienced and injuries…. Injuries are not covid related despite the talk that they can impact on players fitness
And experience is kinda irrelevant in a squad game.

Therefore they don't have a rule

Therefore they don't have a rule
They do
It’s published and agreed
Hence the problem
All arsenal need to do is demonstrate they don’t have 13 fit, experienced players….
The issue they will have is there have been lots of posts elsewhere highlighting they do still have 13 players even excluding extra keepers. Just no midfielders and mainly defenders

Is this a sell out? i've logged in to have a look but can't access tickets to this game with my season ticket.

Not quite, just logged onto my wife's members account, quick browse around showing single seats here and there.

Attachments

• NLD.JPG
    NLD.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 8

Just got here myself so will be unhappy if it’s called off. Messy at Stansted with no trains this weeekend.

Also managed to fight with Ryanair in Dublin. They pulled me at the gate for having a bag too big, which, in fairness, it’s a little too big. They made me put it in their measuring device and, lo and behold, it’s slightly too big. “€45 or take stuff out” says the snotty Ryanair employee.

“There’s two of us and I’ve only brought one bag which is only slightly too big,” says I.

“€45 or take stuff out,” she insists.

“The €45 won’t make the plane any bigger,” I protest. She doesn’t budge.

So I took every stitch of clothing out and put it on me at the gate. 2 shirts, 3 T-shirt’s, a hoodie, a coat and a jumper. I was like Joey from that episode of Friends when he put on all Chandlers clothes. I put the bag back in the device and it fit. They waved me through without paying the €45.

My 9 year old son was absolutely mortified. Today is the day that he realised he is much, much more cool than his old man.

Just got here myself so will be unhappy if it’s called off. Messy at Stansted with no trains this weeekend.

Also managed to fight with Ryanair in Dublin. They pulled me at the gate for having a bag too big, which, in fairness, it’s a little too big. They made me put it in their measuring device and, lo and behold, it’s slightly too big. “€45 or take stuff out” says the snotty Ryanair employee.

“There’s two of us and I’ve only brought one bag which is only slightly too big,” says I.

So I took every stitch of clothing out and put it on me at the gate. 2 shirts, 3 T-shirt’s, a hoodie, a coat and a jumper. I was like Joey from that episode of Friends when he put on all Chandlers clothes. I put the bag back in the device and it fit. They waved me through without paying the €45.

My 9 year old son was absolutely mortified. Today is the day that he realised he is much, much more cool than his old man.

Disagree.

He will look back on this and realise just how spot on you were.

Cheers mate! Due to fly in at 7.30 tomorrow. Saved ne some early morning faffing about. I do hate buses though....

Legend! Had the same at Liverpool with Easy Jet. 6' 6" hench guy in front and his girlfriend stroll through with a mahoosive gym bag each and me and the missus, who of a certain stature and age, get pulled and told the one piece of hand luggage don't fit and it's going in the hold. Makes the little minded people on the gate feel powerful for a few seconds I guess. Boils my p!ss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back