• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Centre Forward thread

Can't believe how few centre forwards we have even ( fancifully!) been linked with. I believe the big V would not come this window so we really need to be going for others who are more realistic now.

I don’t see us getting Vlahovic, even Arsenal have stronger links to him, in greater need for next season and would be prepared to pay the stupid money he will demand as they will be losing both Lacazette and Auba (who is on massive wages so could fund wages through losing him).

Regardless of Arsenal I’d still see him going to one of the real top teams. This talk of what clubs really needs him is irrelevant (Chelsea might be a good shout with Lukaku situation) the top teams just buy who they think is the next big thing and worry about how they fit in later. He will just be another in the long list of players discussed on here for ages, and doesn’t end up happening….

I don’t see us getting Vlahovic, even Arsenal have stronger links to him, in greater need for next season and would be prepared to pay the stupid money he will demand as they will be losing both Lacazette and Auba (who is on massive wages so could fund wages through losing him).

Regardless of Arsenal I’d still see him going to one of the real top teams. This talk of what clubs really needs him is irrelevant (Chelsea might be a good shout with Lukaku situation) the top teams just buy who they think is the next big thing and worry about how they fit in later. He will just be another in the long list of players discussed on here for ages, and doesn’t end up happening….

Agree. We aren't shopping in that market at the moment. We've got too many issues to address to go big on one 'small dingdong syndrome' signing like that.

Football London now reporting that we have transferred our interest in Gianluca Scamacca. He is apparently 23 and has scored 8 goals for Sassuola this season in 20 appearances He is twice capped by Italy. Haven't seen him play but sounds like someone who fits the bill.

I forgot his agent(s) are a bit... dodge.

Surely that's not true regarding the wage demands.
If it is, we cannot get involved. Not just the eye-watering amount but also what it'll mean for any other signings and new deals for existing squad members.

That's a game Arsenal have played before and it has cost them dear with the amount paid out to squad filler.

Surely that's not true regarding the wage demands.
If it is, we cannot get involved. Not just the eye-watering amount but also what it'll mean for any other signings and new deals for existing squad members.

That's a game Arsenal have played before and it has cost them dear with the amount paid out to squad filler.

He might want £300k a week. Doesn't mean he'll get it. Pre covid on this form he might have, i doubt he will now. Certainly not from us or arsenal.

Don’t under-estimate how desperate Arsenal are. I could see them finding £300k easily with the players they have out of contract this summer and if they get rid of Aubameyang.

They can afford it, as can we. Don't think either of us will as both of us have been left with highly paid players that we can't get rid of. Neither of which come close to vlahovics wage demands.

You bring him in, that sets the bench mark for what other players want or think they can expect when negotiating new contracts.

There is a reason why there are over 100 players out of contract this summer (40 of whom played in the cl this season). Because covid has meant clubs have been limited in contract negotiations/purchasing players for the last 2 years. So players have run their contracts down.

They can afford it, as can we. Don't think either of us will as both of us have been left with highly paid players that we can't get rid of. Neither of which come close to vlahovics wage demands.

You bring him in, that sets the bench mark for what other players want or think they can expect when negotiating new contracts.

There is a reason why there are over 100 players out of contract this summer (40 of whom played in the cl this season). Because covid has meant clubs have been limited in contract negotiations/purchasing players for the last 2 years. So players have run their contracts down.

Clubs are also paying lower wages because of Covid, so players are better clinging on right to the end of their existing contracts, rather than moving to accept new lower wages.

speaks volumes that Saudi Sportswashing Machine, the richest club in world football (albeit in a relegation battle), are looking at Chris Wood as their best option.

Not many strikers available, poor work from us really when Dennis and Edouard have shown back up strikers are there, we just don't have the knowledge or savvyness to pull it off.

speaks volumes that Saudi Sportswashing Machine, the richest club in world football (albeit in a relegation battle), are looking at Chris Wood as their best option.

Not many strikers available, poor work from us really when Dennis and Edouard have shown back up strikers are there, we just don't have the knowledge or savvyness to pull it off.
Eduard hasn’t really stepped up
He has been ok ish
Dennis has been great for Watford though

Chris wood is a good player imo. One that suits a team that plays with a lone striker or as part of a pair

Back