• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

The fee paid is a sunk cost. We are where we are with him. Now need to maximise value from the sale - ignore the in-price
The problem is that history tells us Levy will not do this. IF we assume that £56m fee we paid for him that @ricky2tricky4city quoted is true then it means Ndombele will still be valued on our books at £33m. Previously Levy has not wanted to take book losses on players. I think we'll see him loaned out (perhaps with us subsidising wages) until the asset value reduces to something far smaller. We then have to hope that somehow he does well on loan (maybe he can do this in Italy or Spain where the pace and intensity of the game is far lower?) so that somebody might be prepared to take on his wages and give us a fee that is at least close to whatever value remains for him on our books.

The problem is that history tells us Levy will not do this. IF we assume that £56m fee we paid for him that @ricky2tricky4city quoted is true then it means Ndombele will still be valued on our books at £33m. Previously Levy has not wanted to take book losses on players. I think we'll see him loaned out (perhaps with us subsidising wages) until the asset value reduces to something far smaller. We then have to hope that somehow he does well on loan (maybe he can do this in Italy or Spain where the pace and intensity of the game is far lower?) so that somebody might be prepared to take on his wages and give us a fee that is at least close to whatever value remains for him on our books.
You're saying Ndombele depreciates by £55m/5=£11m per year
And you say Levy doesn't want to take a book loss.
So if he is worth £33m now he would not take £30m for him... and thus your logic implies Levy would be happier to loan Ndombele out for 2 years until he is worth £11m on the books and sell him for £15m.

That makes no sense at all, far better to get £30m now than £15m in 2 years without him playing for us?!

Doubt anyone would even contemplate entertaining enough of his wages to get the conversation started

You're saying Ndombele depreciates by £55m/5=£11m per year
And you say Levy doesn't want to take a book loss.
So if he is worth £33m now he would not take £30m for him... and thus your logic implies Levy would be happier to loan Ndombele out for 2 years until he is worth £11m on the books and sell him for £15m.

That makes no sense at all, far better to get £30m now than £15m in 2 years without him playing for us?!
Well that's how accounting works.

I sadly gave up on him tonight.

Can definitely see that. The rumours and comments from Conte along with a lack of game time has been telling.

He got a chance, probably one of not very many he'll get. He had to take that by doing something really special. That's a big ask, but that's the task I think. And he didn't, so difficult to see him get many more chances.

I think he plays today, does a few good flicks and turns, fans will say that he is exactly what we need for Chelsea, he then then starts at Chelsea and disappoints again... and the N'Dombele mystery continues

I'd make him play 90 minutes today and midweek and let him see what the fans think of him.

So that went well.

If we don't get rid now he will cost the club another 36m in wages over the rest of his contract.
He has cost the 55m in a transfer fee and 26m in wages so far.

Maybe best if a French team take him on loan. He can be a success still but he’s lost all confidence with us - confidence from the crowd, himself and management.

He should look at Fernandez at united. Flopped in Italy in his first move away from home, but rebuilt and did well second time around.

The problem is how off the pace he looks. It was a hesitant new team without any strikers but he just looks a little slow - not on the pace at all today.

Back