• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Watford ***

Or that Royal looks up and sees there’s not a lot of options in the box. If someone wants to show images of all the times Royal had a plethora of options to pick out in the box, rather than just mainly Kane then Im yet to see them. With the way Watford were setup and the type of forwards we have on the pitch for the most part it would have required Beckhamesque crossing to create real chances. The Royal criticism has been OTT…..
That’s a massive issue for me
Said it loads recently… we make it too easy for the CBS to defend the crosses
I accept some maybe crap crosses (most were) but if you don’t make it hard to defend they eat them up
It’s why I think a new striker is the priority for the window. We have no presence in the final third currently if it ain’t Kane

That’s a massive issue for me
Said it loads recently… we make it too easy for the CBS to defend the crosses
I accept some maybe crap crosses (most were) but if you don’t make it hard to defend they eat them up
It’s why I think a new striker is the priority for the window. We have no presence in the final third currently if it ain’t Kane
Also the type of midfielders we have - what midfielders do we have who are going to get into the box and get their head on the ball? I have not seen Hojberg,Winks,Skipp,NDombele, or Lo Celso do this - we have Dele who has done in the past but not sure if he’s fancied anymore. So if Conte wants to play this way fine, but like you say personnel changes are needed….

Also the type of midfielders we have - what midfielders do we have who are going to get into the box and get their head on the ball? I have not seen Hojberg,Winks,Skipp,NDombele, or Lo Celso do this - we have Dele who has done in the past but not sure if he’s fancied anymore. So if Conte wants to play this way fine, but like you say personnel changes are needed….
That’s not how the 3-4-3 works
The midfielders are the base for the attacks not the end of them
I’m theory from a cross there should 3 or 4 targets to hit including the strikers and the other wing back
The midfielders sit out the target area for the loose balls (just like Kovacic did yesterday)

Last edited:
Or that Royal looks up and sees there’s not a lot of options in the box. If someone wants to show images of all the times Royal had a plethora of options to pick out in the box, rather than just mainly Kane then Im yet to see them. With the way Watford were setup and the type of forwards we have on the pitch for the most part it would have required Beckhamesque crossing to create real chances. The Royal criticism has been OTT…..

Harry wasn't even in the box some of the time.
I really don't get that.

Harry wasn't even in the box some of the time.
I really don't get that.
I was just about to reply to the earlier post with this. So many times when Royal had the ball, Kane simply wasn't in position to attack a cross. I was travelling so missed most of the first half, so it may have been a case of Kane getting frustrated at the poor crossing and dropping deeper...or Conte's instructions may have been for Moura and Son to be the ones attacking crosses from our right. Either way, I'd prefer our CF to be in the box ready to score when our RB looks up.

I was just about to reply to the earlier post with this. So many times when Royal had the ball, Kane simply wasn't in position to attack a cross. I was travelling so missed most of the first half, so it may have been a case of Kane getting frustrated at the poor crossing and dropping deeper...or Conte's instructions may have been for Moura and Son to be the ones attacking crosses from our right. Either way, I'd prefer our CF to be in the box ready to score when our RB looks up.

nope
We regularly had our attackers 3 yards out side of their Cbs

I've also seen quite a few posts about harry being almost back to his best, don't get that either.
Don’t think he is anywhere near.
I do think he is trying more than he was, and i don't think its deliberate that he isn't there yet, but i don't see him being anywhere near his old self.

I've also seen quite a few posts about harry being almost back to his best, don't get that either.
I do think he is trying more than he was, and i don't think its deliberate that he isn't there yet, but i don't see him being anywhere near his old self.

He missed an easy chance by his standards and recently missed that sitter against Soton, plus one against Liverpool if I remember correctly. He is getting into gear but is still not on all cylinders. We need him to take advantage of these chances in the weeks to come.

I personally get frustrated by the lack of running across the near-post in general from all attacking players.

I'm begining to wonder if all the injuries and lack of rest have actually worn him out. We've seen it previously with English strikers who have been overplayed that eventually their bodies wear down and they can't quite do what they previously could physically. He's certainly trying, so the effort is there. Hopefully he just needs some more games and chances to get back into the full rhythm of things. [emoji848]

I'm begining to wonder if all the injuries and lack of rest have actually worn him out. We've seen it previously with English strikers who have been overplayed that eventually their bodies wear down and they can't quite do what they previously could physically. He's certainly trying, so the effort is there. Hopefully he just needs some more games and chances to get back into the full rhythm of things. [emoji848]

I reckon its just tge team getting used to new patterns and rhythms. It will come.
Someone is going to get a hiding from us soon, which looking at our upcoming fixtures could be a fun time.

I personally get frustrated by the lack of running across the near-post in general from all attacking players.

Our wingbacks should be instructed to aim most of their crosses at the penalty spot. This could either be delivered hard along the ground or the traditional cross in the air.

Most of our crosses attempted seem to me to be across the face of the goal. These are easily cut out by the defender on the near post or the keeper. If a cross is angled back to the penalty spot, this cuts out both these lines of defence. In addition, it has the added benefit that our attackers know in advance where the cross is coming to and can adjust their run accordingly.

It really aint rocket science and is used particularly effectively by City, Pool and Chelsea. We should not be afraid to copy this tactic as it is extremely effective.

Our wingbacks should be instructed to aim most of their crosses at the penalty spot. This could either be delivered hard along the ground or the traditional cross in the air.

Most of our crosses attempted seem to me to be across the face of the goal. These are easily cut out by the defender on the near post or the keeper. If a cross is angled back to the penalty spot, this cuts out both these lines of defence. In addition, it has the added benefit that our attackers know in advance where the cross is coming to and can adjust their run accordingly.

It really aint rocket science and is used particularly effectively by City, Pool and Chelsea. We should not be afraid to copy this tactic as it is extremely effective.

This was standard school boy coaching 30+ years ago! it is hardly revolutionary new tactics by the Fraud Corps. Not sure why we don't do it, as you say.

He's still miles off it in my view. One of the best sights as a Spurs fan was Harry picking it up facing goal anywhere from 30 yards out because it was usually a goal or shot on target. Now, he's either too slow to get a shot away or it's wide/over. He's getting better but I think it's fair to wonder at this stage if he's capable of his best form anymore.

He's still miles off it in my view. One of the best sights as a Spurs fan was Harry picking it up facing goal anywhere from 30 yards out because it was usually a goal or shot on target. Now, he's either too slow to get a shot away or it's wide/over. He's getting better but I think it's fair to wonder at this stage if he's capable of his best form anymore.

Pretty much my thoughts as well, said a couple of seasons back that what with all his injurys i would not be surprised to see him past his best by the time he is 30. Sadly it seems to be coming sooner rather then later. :( Part of me thinks that it may not be such a bad idea to sell him this summer while we can still get a good price for him.

Back