• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

Have seen some not so credible links with Traore already. Another round of Traore discussions anyone?

Really attacking wing back option to compete/rotate with Emerson. Another option to Lucas as the right sided attacker in a three.

Can make the ball stick if we find him, can run at people, great pace and strength. PL experience, experience playing both those roles.

Half joking, but only half.

Have seen some not so credible links with Traore already. Another round of Traore discussions anyone?

Really attacking wing back option to compete/rotate with Emerson. Another option to Lucas as the right sided attacker in a three.

Can make the ball stick if we find him, can run at people, great pace and strength. PL experience, experience playing both those roles.

I’m well aware of all the stats on Traoré, but have to say the thought of us signing him does intrigue me.

Maybe it’s just because I like freak shows?!

You realize he can't cross though right? He's beat his LB and then do nothing with the ball, just as he does now. He's the opposite of what you want, you want a technician, good with the ball and effective delivery, that isn't Traore.

I wanted him as a teenager when villa were relegated. Thought Poch could turn him into a weapon, and he’d be a far better sub than Njie etc.

I think there is still potential there at 24. He defo needs a good coach to get the most from him. I always thought he could play on the left and perfect the Hazard move of cutting in to the edge of the box, and using his pace to make space for a shot on his right foot. He doesn’t have a bad shot, but often needs to slow down more. Something Hazard used to do well - keep extra pace in reserve. He’ll never be technically brilliant, but he does have decent technique. And his dribbling is second to none. so I would t mind us signing him for a low figure and would be curious to see if Conte can harness his ability - I think he could make something of him.

Would be interested to see what Conte thinks of his prospects as a right wing back, as it’d be a great option to mix things up but with the adequate cover to compensate defensively when needed. Despite the not so great goal stats, Traore could potentially provide an option as a forward on the right but someone like our manager may be able to get the best out of him a bit further back the pitch. There’s also a chance of it being a nightmare, appreciate Conte knows best on that one and there’s a chance Paratici isn’t sold on him either of course.

For a bit of squad shaping perhaps Doherty could be sent the other way along with 15m or so..Wolves won’t want to lose him for nothing however he is a 24 year old Spain international. With Emerson and Tanganga we’d have a lot of flexibility in that area of the pitch depending on how we’d want to play.

Would be interested to see what Conte thinks of his prospects as a right wing back, as it’d be a great option to mix things up but with the adequate cover to compensate defensively when needed. Despite the not so great goal stats, Traore could potentially provide an option as a forward on the right but someone like our manager may be able to get the best out of him a bit further back the pitch. There’s also a chance of it being a nightmare, appreciate Conte knows best on that one and there’s a chance Paratici isn’t sold on him either of course.

For a bit of squad shaping perhaps Doherty could be sent the other way along with 15m or so..Wolves won’t want to lose him for nothing however he is a 24 year old Spain international. With Emerson and Tanganga we’d have a lot of flexibility in that area of the pitch depending on how we’d want to play.

I think Conte really likes and wants wing backs that can attack more on their own, running at players, being a threat on the ball in one vs one situations. Stretching play not only by being there, but by offering a significant threat if isolated against an opponent.

I think that's part of the reason why Doherty hasn't been favored at all despite the move to a wing back system.

Traore definitely can do that. Can he defend well enough? Will he have enough end product? Time will tell if we sign him, but they're definitely not unreasonable questions to ask.

I agree that it's one that could end up not working at all or be really good. Interesting reports about both Paratici and Conte rating him, seems to have at least some credibility.

Still not sold on it, but not against it.

Depends on what they wan't for him. Was rumoured wolves wanted £70m for him in the summer.

Definitely. 18 months left on his contract and doesn't seem like he will sign a new deal. Don't think Wolverhampton are in a position to demand silly money. They have a good enough team, far from built around him, nowhere near a relegation scrap and I don't think he makes the difference for them for a European push.

Ultimately though, PL experience, fairly young, I think the cost will end up being too high for us to move on what will be a somewhat risky signing.

They have a good enough team, far from built around him, nowhere near a relegation scrap and I don't think he makes the difference for them for a European push.

Isn't this, ultimately, why we should give him a swerve?
He isn't good enough at either attacking or defending to make a difference at a mid table team pushing for Europe so why would he suddenly make a difference with us?

He is like an overgrown school boy. Looks 'potentially' great because of dheer physicality but then all his peers overtake him due to brain and technique.

Isn't this, ultimately, why we should give him a swerve?
He isn't good enough at either attacking or defending to make a difference at a mid table team pushing for Europe so why would he suddenly make a difference with us?

He is like an overgrown school boy. Looks 'potentially' great because of dheer physicality but then all his peers overtake him due to brain and technique.

Trying to understand why it may be true that Conte and Paratici rate him and would like to sign him... (not saying that's necessarily true).

In a sentence. Fit to system, playing style and needs of the team. See the changes from some of our players since Conte came in.

He's not all physicality. He lacks end product (though has shown some positive signs in the past that this could change), but other than that he's good on the ball. Get him isolated against an opponent, or even two, and there are very few players in the world that will get past his man more consistently than Traore.

Having a player like that as our RWB would make a solid difference for us I think. In some games and game states at the very least.

Trying to understand why it may be true that Conte and Paratici rate him and would like to sign him... (not saying that's necessarily true).

In a sentence. Fit to system, playing style and needs of the team. See the changes from some of our players since Conte came in.

He's not all physicality. He lacks end product (though has shown some positive signs in the past that this could change), but other than that he's good on the ball. Get him isolated against an opponent, or even two, and there are very few players in the world that will get past his man more consistently than Traore.

Having a player like that as our RWB would make a solid difference for us I think. In some games and game states at the very least.
He gets past the player and then does absolutely nothing with it. He's exactly the sort of player we have bought in the past. A blunt object lacking in finesse. No more brutes please, we need technicians to open things delicately. Do you think Traore would have made ANY difference again Southampton? He'd beat the defender then fling a brick cross on or even run the ball straight out of play.

He is the opposite of what we need now.

He gets past the player and then does absolutely nothing with it. He's exactly the sort of player we have bought in the past. A blunt object lacking in finesse. No more brutes please, we need technicians to open things delicately. Do you think Traore would have made ANY difference again Southampton? He'd beat the defender then fling a brick cross on or even run the ball straight out of play.

He is the opposite of what we need now.

Any difference compared to Emerson in attack?

First half, yes. We really struggled to progress the ball forward through their press, that's something he's good at. One on one vs an opponent Emerson will usually find a decent, but overall not that effective short pass. Traore will usually go straight past that opponent. There was loads of space there to then exploit.

Would he have done well enough defensively is a different question of course.

Second half, not as much of a difference. Bit like Lucas without space around defenders to run into he's less effective. Still, more effective than Emerson in that second half isn't a particularly high bar.

Balance between being delicate and brute force for me. Brute force wing backs, pace, power, ability to go past a man for fun. That's definitely very useful in this system.

Any difference compared to Emerson in attack?

First half, yes. We really struggled to progress the ball forward through their press, that's something he's good at. One on one vs an opponent Emerson will usually find a decent, but overall not that effective short pass. Traore will usually go straight past that opponent. There was loads of space there to then exploit.

Would he have done well enough defensively is a different question of course.

Second half, not as much of a difference. Bit like Lucas without space around defenders to run into he's less effective. Still, more effective than Emerson in that second half isn't a particularly high bar.

Balance between being delicate and brute force for me. Brute force wing backs, pace, power, ability to go past a man for fun. That's definitely very useful in this system.

I get it you don't rate Emerson and that's fine..but Traore is not the solution to the problem. Please just watch him play, I have done since he broke through at Barca. There is 0 finesse to his game. He may well beat the player 1on1 but then what? He's not a good crosser of the ball, he's not an inventive passer, he isn't neat and tidy with his passing so what would be the point exactly. We already have players who don't offer enough quality in the final third and you want to buy another one?!?

I get it you don't rate Emerson and that's fine..but Traore is not the solution to the problem. Please just watch him play, I have done since he broke through at Barca. There is 0 finesse to his game. He may well beat the player 1on1 but then what? He's not a good crosser of the ball, he's not an inventive passer, he isn't neat and tidy with his passing so what would be the point exactly. We already have players who don't offer enough quality in the final third and you want to buy another one?!?

If you’re going to completely disregard Braineclipse’s answer then why bother asking the question?

I’m not a mod by any stretch and as such I guess I have no place telling others how to have a productive discussion but my word this place has been frustrating of late.

You’re having a discussion about a player with someone and then stating “please just watch him play” as if Braineclipse hasn’t. It’s this “if we see things differently I’m 100% right and you must be imagining things” attitude, which seems to parallel general discourse IRL these days.

How much finesse did Victor Moses have to his game when he was a major part of Conte’s PL winning team? Wasn’t exactly a hoddle / cryuff hybrid, and Spurs are not too good for pace and power.

Moses had a much better touch from the off than Traore has at 24.

A comparison with Moses offers 'hope' that Traore could bd coached effectively on the defensive side of things if Conte were to make him a wingback but I just don't see the footballing intelligence of Moses even in him.

If you’re going to completely disregard Braineclipse’s answer then why bother asking the question?

I’m not a mod by any stretch and as such I guess I have no place telling others how to have a productive discussion but my word this place has been frustrating of late.

You’re having a discussion about a player with someone and then stating “please just watch him play” as if Braineclipse hasn’t. It’s this “if we see things differently I’m 100% right and you must be imagining things” attitude, which seems to parallel general discourse IRL these days.

How much finesse did Victor Moses have to his game when he was a major part of Conte’s PL winning team? Wasn’t exactly a hoddle / cryuff hybrid, and Spurs are not too good for pace and power.

Agree in principle, unless it's my opinion and someone disagrees. Then they're obviously wrong, clear and obvious, VAR overturning obvious.

I find it interesting that it's been reported that Paratici and Conte rate him. Interesting to try to understand why that may be. That's really the conversation I'm trying to have, "no, he's not good" is fine, but not all that interesting.

To be fair I've probably presented similar arguments from the other side when I've thought someone was useless. I applaud your call for less frustrating conversations on here none the less.

Back