• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Piers Corbyn being a twunt in Milton Keynes today I see :mad:

Can they not realise more than 9 out of 10 adults in this country have been vaccinated? What do they expect to achieve, us getting unvaccinated? Again a lot of it is a case of anarchists jumping on a band wagon because they are antiestablishment. It's getting tiresome and destroys any credibility in their argument.

Would love to know where the funding comes from. Being a traitor is still illegal.

Saw Tuchel's interview he was asked about Werner who has been out since Dec 11th with COVID, said he was nowhere near being well yet and he is a incredibly fit athlete

I tell you what, nothing gets past this utter roosterpiece does it

High chance of catching Covid if you mix - Sturgeon

upload_2021-12-30_15-16-27.gif

Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says that, with another record tally of 16,857 Covid cases reported in the country today, the "likelihood of getting it just now if you mix with others is high".

She says hospital occupancy figures are just as notable as the cases, with "the largest single day increase in a while".

This is a reminder that even if Omicron causes a lower percentage of people to be hospitalised "sheer volume will still put acute pressure on NHS - and result in serious illness for many".

She says, as concerning as the numbers are, they would be worse if people were not following the public health guidance and urges people to continue to do so as we approach new year.

I tell you what, nothing gets past this utter roosterpiece does it

High chance of catching Covid if you mix - Sturgeon

View attachment 13414

Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says that, with another record tally of 16,857 Covid cases reported in the country today, the "likelihood of getting it just now if you mix with others is high".

She says hospital occupancy figures are just as notable as the cases, with "the largest single day increase in a while".

This is a reminder that even if Omicron causes a lower percentage of people to be hospitalised "sheer volume will still put acute pressure on NHS - and result in serious illness for many".

She says, as concerning as the numbers are, they would be worse if people were not following the public health guidance and urges people to continue to do so as we approach new year.

I've seen the hospital intake climbing quotes from a few places.
What i would like to know is why?
In my, granted very limited, experience hospital admissions always rise right after Christmas. One reason for that is that they are readmissions of patients discharged for Christmas.

I've seen the hospital intake climbing quotes from a few places.
What i would like to know is why?
In my, granted very limited, experience hospital admissions always rise right after Christmas. One reason for that is that they are readmissions of patients discharged for Christmas.
'Granny dumping' has been a well known phenomenon in the NHS for years. Take her to A&E on Boxing Day saying she's had a fall. When the hospital try to discharge her back to her family later that day it's 'oh sorry, we're in Dubai'. A fortnights free care. It's sadly very common

'Granny dumping' has been a well known phenomenon in the NHS for years. Take her to A&E on Boxing Day saying she's had a fall. When the hospital try to discharge her back to her family later that day it's 'oh sorry, we're in Dubai'. A fortnights free care. It's sadly very common
WTF, seriously?

WTF, seriously?

My father had dementia. Had to put him in a carehome for a week. The bill was over £1000. Despite them telling me i was entitled to respite.

Never dumped him on a hospital and wouldn't agree with anyone that did it. But can see why they would.

331 deaths today that will make headlines. But it is due to lag in reporting over x mas.

People in hospital with covid has seen quite a large rise. 30-70% (depending on which paper you read) are incidental though.

Icu remains flat.

New cases 189,213. But london definitely seeing a drop now. So hopefully the numbers start coming down next week.

What???????
You’re obviously not joking but that is absofudginglutely disgraceful. Is there more information? I am going to research it…how low can our society go…

Unfortunately. I've got a friend who works at Canterbury hospital and they get a batch on cue every Boxing Day

I've lived/worked in Canterbury and you won't be dropping old Grandma off to A&E there....there isn't one - they done away with it years ago. Stick her back in the motor and get over to Ashford.

Back