• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Son has always been like that . He’s streaky. Still argue for a CM first. SB or Gil or Moura could do a job instead of Son
They can’t do sons job
We have seen many times that no one can
It’s why we need a striker
Kane gets injured and we’re screwed again
Issue has to be the priority
For what it’s worth i think Kessie will be signed this window and that’s your midfielder
And we have Sarr to come

They can’t do sons job
We have seen many times that no one can
It’s why we need a striker
Kane gets injured and we’re screwed again
Issue has to be the priority
For what it’s worth i think Kessie will be signed this window and that’s your midfielder
And we have Sarr to come
Forgot about Sarr , Kessie certainly looks a player.
If he plays a 3 they can do a job on the left. If it’s a 2 I’d agree .

Has anyone watched Sarr this season? How is he getting on?

Kessie would be immense for us. We need that kind of player in our side.

Has anyone watched Sarr this season? How is he getting on?

Kessie would be immense for us. We need that kind of player in our side.
He has had some very good games and stood out
And some less so
As expected IMO as his team are gash (3rd bottom)
May try to watch him in the afcon if he starts

I’ve come to the conclusion that our priority should be a deep lying playmaker that’s press resistant. Yes we definitely need a creative midfielder, no.10 and striker. But what use will they be if we can’t progress the ball up the field.

If we insist on playing it out from the back then we need someone who is comfortable receiving the ball from our CBs while being pressed and starting off our plays. When trans press us high we don’t do very well with breaking the press and it’s a bug reason why we lose midfield control.

The only issue is the person we may want might not be available until the summer.

Should be after Joelinton if Saudi Sportswashing Machine go down. In midfield he looks like he can do everything.

If its true that Kessie has all but agreed terms with us for the summer, then would milan take €15m now? Italian clubs quite skint so could happen.

I want €85m spent on the 1st of Jan on Kessie and Vlahovic.

Then pick off some other positions throughout the rest off the window, whilst flogging dead wood where we can.

Kessie in for Hojbjerg
Fat Daz in for Bergwijn
Anyone in for Doherty
Maybe someone in for Rodon + 2CV

Sounds good to me

Kessie in for Hojbjerg
Fat Daz in for Bergwijn
Anyone in for Doherty
Maybe someone in for Rodon + 2CV

Sounds good to me

Rodon could join Saudi Sportswashing Machine and 2cv will probably go to celtic permanently. If doherty goes then we need to find someone to replace him. Emerson looks like he will be a good squad player but not sure he will ever reach hakimi like status, so doherty’s replacement needs to be incredible or potentially incredible, as we dont want to have to look to reinforce the position yet again. So if that player cannot be obtained in January I would keep doherty for now unless John can do a job or unless a cheap short term deal can be done for trippier perhaps.

With regards centre backs coming in, I think we are okay with romero, dier, davies, sanchez, tanganga for now, but if a top option who can play left sided centre back presents itself we should do it in January, otherwise like with the rwb role it may need more diligent work in the summer. Same goes for a potential new central midfield playmaker.

Unless we are miles off the mark it seems the door has opened for the kessie and vlahovic deals to be done in January and therefore we should move quickly to get them done first.

Rodon could join Saudi Sportswashing Machine and 2cv will probably go to celtic permanently. If doherty goes then we need to find someone to replace him. Emerson looks like he will be a good squad player but not sure he will ever reach hakimi like status, so doherty’s replacement needs to be incredible or potentially incredible, as we dont want to have to look to reinforce the position yet again. So if that player cannot be obtained in January I would keep doherty for now unless John can do a job or unless a cheap short term deal can be done for trippier perhaps.

With regards centre backs coming in, I think we are okay with romero, dier, davies, sanchez, tanganga for now, but if a top option who can play left sided centre back presents itself we should do it in January, otherwise like with the rwb role it may need more diligent work in the summer. Same goes for a potential new central midfield playmaker.

Unless we are miles off the mark it seems the door has opened for the kessie and vlahovic deals to be done in January and therefore we should move quickly to get them done first.

Good post. I feel the creative midfielder, or attacker if we're going 3-4-3 long-term rather than 3-5-2, is paramount

Outgoings will be as key as incomings, and might be needed to make way for incoming. We have a lot of midfielders with question marks against them - GLC, Ndombele, Dele, WInks, PEH - every has a different view on them....will be interesting to see what Conte thinks!

Whose Fat Daz?

Serbian chappy from fiorentina

BP1920696.jpg

Last edited:

Definitely agree with the need for incredible or potentially incredible in several positions. We don't need more players that stick around for 2-3 years being good, but not quite good enough.

Also agreed that it's better to wait if the right player isn't available. But we should find one or two players that seem right. Getting the right player in any position where we need a signing is more important than getting in a player for a particular position.

Big deals like Vlahovic will be very difficult to make happen, but we should try.

Back