• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched the Matrix yesterday. I’d give it 3/5. About what I was expecting. Enjoyed the first hour or so when it’s quite self-reverential and takes the tinkle out of itself, I was intrigued and wondered where it was going. Then the second half slips into formulaic territory. I’d say it’s better than the last one but that’s not saying much. Such a shame that the first was so groundbreaking technically, was an original idea and introduced a tricky premise in a concise manner that made sense, but the two sequels that followed just didn’t live up to the first one and were too pretentious and confusing. Resurrections isn’t as pretentious but it doesn’t do anything new.

Oh did anyone else feel the ending was very woke? I know I bang on about PC and wokeism and I’m a moderate liberal but the virtue signalling is getting too much from Hollywood. Above all else I want great stories. If the plot requires a diverse cast and ideas then I’m fully on board and will support that but inclusion for the sake of it is just stupid. Rant over

Titane is out next week. Trailer looks great and Raw was fantastic

Worst movie I've seen this year and that's saying something. Everything about it is horrendous. It's just a collection of random scenes where the only purpose is to try to shock the viewer, which doesn't really work when everything is so non-sensical and over the top.

I thought it was pretty poor tbh

I think it’s just their business model. They want to make as much content as they can, quantity over quality. They’d rather make 10 things that people sort of like than 1 or 2 things people really like. They make some of the best tv along with HBO, but Netflix films are pretty forgettable tbh. I’ve never seen a Netflix original film I’d give more than 4 stars out of 5 for.

Worst movie I've seen this year and that's saying something. Everything about it is horrendous. It's just a collection of random scenes where the only purpose is to try to shock the viewer, which doesn't really work when everything is so non-sensical and over the top.

Saw it tonight and walked out halfway through. Dreadful film. Couldn’t care less about the characters or what happened in the end so decided to leave.

Just watched Don’t look up . I enjoyed it .
Also watched new Venom film it was ok. Always odd seeing Woody Harrelson with bad wigs on.

Ok just watched eternals. Understood the story. But have no idea what they were thinking when they wrote it. Was feige on holiday that week?

Didn't work on any level. Wasn't awe inspiring, wasn't action, wasn't funny, wasn't a romance. Didn't advance the universe much, complicated it a bit Just meh. 2 and a half hours ov meh.

Saw Don't Look Up last night.

As many have said, very funny and great commentary on how the world is losing the battle against fudgewittery.

I thought the climate allegory was reall clunky though - so bad that it pretty much ruined all that was good about the rest of it. My 8yo was in a school play last year about the environment that was more subtle. The special effects were non-existent and the acting left plenty to be desired, but it was a more subtle take than Hollywood managed.

Ok just watched eternals. Understood the story. But have no idea what they were thinking when they wrote it. Was feige on holiday that week?

Didn't work on any level. Wasn't awe inspiring, wasn't action, wasn't funny, wasn't a romance. Didn't advance the universe much, complicated it a bit Just meh. 2 and a half hours ov meh.

Definitely one of the worst MCU films so far. Think it needs to be binned.

Back