• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I didn’t think we looked poor at the back. Liverpool had very few good chances despite lots of possession (prior to it going 11 v 10 which skewed the overall stats).
Hugo made less quality saves than Allison which is always what I judge on (although Hugo was very solid again and robbed on their second goal)
Salad had no shots apart from the handball one (which cost Hugo as if Hugo had let it un it wouldn’t have counted, which is mental)
Mane had a couple at best and Jota along with the FBs was their main threat (jotas class)

A lot talk up NDombele because they know how skilful he is and live in hope that he all of a sudden turns into this midfield hunk of burning love. The facts are yesterday he produced a great assist with the pass. For the rest of the hour he was on he worked hard and appeared to cover plenty of ground. He lost the ball in dangerous areas a couple of times. He was anonymous for the rest of the game with the ball. Had it been Winks who had an identical game, he wouldn’t have got such reviews. For 60m we need more from a CM than just one or two highlights a game, the fact he is running more is the bare minimum….
100% agree.
Conte will be looking to replace him, but for right now we might as well use him and put things in place to placate the weaknesses - the pass for Kane's goal was of the highest quality.

Hope on Ndombele... Maybe. I feel utterly convinced that if he can fit in, do the defensive ariel required, play the system plays and passes enough his quality on the ball will shine through and he can be a real difference maker for us.

If Conte can get that out of him remains to be seen. Plenty of progress still needed, but some positive signs from him like from just about everyone else in that Liverpool game.

The truth will be in the minutes he gets or doesn't get.

What's not to like about Conte? I bet he hates it when Klopp pats him on the head when they meet! In some ways Wednesday may be tougher, because there won't be a high line for us to exploit. But if he can get keep our midfield playing progressively with intensity, we should get a result. The crowd will be well up for it, I can't wait!
I hated when Klopp did that, wtf! He did it before and after the game, who does that to a grown man? And especially a man of Conte's age and achievements, unbelievable!

You have to love Conte's affirmation that he will improve the team by improving the individual members. Very simple statement, but you need a lot of confidence in your ability, and he doesn't say it in a boastful way. Instead he talks about hard work and improvement - very old school sentiments but married with a charismatic personality.

Back