• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v Liverpool *****

Plenty of positives, Winks and Dele best performances for a very long time. Sessegnon too.

Feels like as many good chances as we’d get in 4 games under previous regimes.

Shame we didn’t get the three points, Wouldn’t mind seeing the same midfield with Skipp in for Ndombele and Moura potentially a RWB.

Winks moved the ball well and quickly but also thought the long passing over the top was good from Dier and Sanchez, Dele making the runs he used to when Toby was pinging diagonals.

I’ll take that, good for momentum. Kane scored. If he gets back to himself we can make top four quite easily I think. Thought Sess and Winks was excellent, Dier too. Dier’s passing was on point. Can’t wait for Romero to come back so we have two of them doing that. It seems part of the tactics. Also I though Dele was good, it was a great save for the first miss.

We need to start putting our chances away. We won't get 4th if we need 4 gilt-edged chances to score one fudging goal.

Great game, a little disappointed that we looked lost of ideas when they actually sat back. Alli had a great game and was unfortunate not to score.

Can anyone explain to me how their second goal stood after the clear handball? Is there an actual reason for it other than blind incompetence from the VAR nonces?
Think it's the accidental thing again, may be wrong?
Thing is if his hand hadn't knocked it forward Lloris would not have lunged and palmed the ball away for them to score.

This game reminds me of when Klopp did exactly this to us, in his debut at Liverpool. We were playing really well, pressing tigerishly, doing everything right at the time, and his team arrived and counterpressed us - exposing our high-line with through balls and making it really difficult for us.

Game ended 0-0, but you saw that Klopp was going to improve them pretty much immediately.

Today, we saw the same thing from Conte, but for us. Not just tactically in the sense that we set up absolutely perfectly, hitting an imperious Liverpool side time and time again on the break...but in the sense of effort, commitment, fighting for the ball, showing belief.

We were unlucky for the second goal we conceded. We were lucky for the one we scored. But today, I come away with the sense that Conte is turning us around, at exactly the fundamental level we need turning around at - tactically, fitness-wise, but most importantly, in terms of fighting against these sides - going up against them and believing we belong on the same pitch after years of decline.

Levy. Back this man.

Please.

And we'll fly. :)

Harry Winks: The Resurrection?

Playing against a disjointed Liverpool side missing a bunch of their usual midfielders isn't a true indication, but he's been pinging it around like it's 2017 again!

Gutted not to get 3 points from this one, given the chances we had (and Salah's clear handball in the build-up to their second goal), but we're playing with shape and intent for the first time in ages.

He's been looking good in his cameos so far under Conte - happy to see that performance today.

I was knocked on here the other day when i said i wanted to see what our squad players can offer, now they're getting some proper coaching on the training field, before writing any of them off and games like today justify that thinking i think

As much as our preparation has been disrupted, there has been some more time spent on the training ground when has been possible and things are beginning to take shape.

Now there are question marks about whether Dele,Winks, NDombele etc do have futures. I will also shout out to Sanchez who defended well again, and has done for most of the PL season despite the ridiculous vilification after that appalling Conference league performance from the whole team.

I like Royal, but I think if we had a more dynamic RWB we would really be cooking. I’d have Royal as a right sided CB, defensively he is really solid.

This was our first real test opposition wise in testing circumstances and we came out of it well all in all…..

Back