• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v Liverpool *****

Tbf it’s nobodies business which players have been vaccinated or not. Why should it be? Just because they are footballers doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed privacy.

I guess I just find it bad taste that Klopp is clamouring to know which players have covid — it seems inappropriate to me. The PL make the decision to postpone games or not, talk to them if he has a problem…(I.e Conte didn’t seem concerned which Leicester players have it)

(Fyi none of this is a dig at you Steff, everyone's entitled to their opinion)

Half of football reporting is about player’s health and fitness for pities sake.

Half of football reporting is about player’s health and fitness for pities sake.

I think the PL should have a more formal process to announce specifically why the game was postponed. i.e. X first team players unavailable, training ground closed or whatever (to make it fair / consistent).
But regarding actual players with covid, I don't see why anyone other than the players / clubs needs to know.

Back to the match, was looking forward to this for ages and now it's come around quickly.

We genuinely have a chance to get a result here imo. If most of our players are feeling fine there's a small chance we could catch them by surprise.

Most important thing is not to concede an avoidable early goal.

If it’s reaching the stage at which games are being called off 2 hours before KO there really is zero consideration for the fans. The PL should be stepping in; it’s becoming farcical.

Yeah I thought our Leicester match was bad, but 2 hours is harsh (especially with the cost of petrol/train etc.)
I guess they mean well by trying to keep matches on if possible, hopefully this is close to the peak of the cancellations.

Last edited:
dont want to turn this into the Covid thread as i post enough there, but isnt non-vaccinated contributing to spread at a greater propotion than those fully vaccinated? In which case, it does impact wider issues than just the players themselves but the livelihood they work towards.

In the US, laws are different enabling you to cut unvaccinated from sports teams. I think, given the millions of pounds involved in the sport, and the community impact (we've seen how hard the local area is hit when just ONE match day is missed), well, maybe it's time for a conversation around players being required to be vaccinated to continue in the sport.

I think, given the millions of pounds involved in the sport, and the community impact (we've seen how hard the local area is hit when just ONE match day is missed), well, maybe it's time for a conversation around players being required to be vaccinated to continue in the sport.

just to play devils advocate; the cause of cancellations is specifically the government saying players must isolate & closing training grounds.

Many players might be happy to carry on training (covid or not), so is it really their fault games are postponed…

(slightly tongue in cheek, but imo players are responsible for their contractual duties, nothing else)

No way is this game going to happen, surely!?
We've spent the last two years being the poster club of virtue signalling. This would go against everything thats now taking place.
Had it been at Anfield, maybe...but this is London we're talking about. I can already imagine the pressure groups polishing their Twitter batons. I will literally be amazed if we play...and get soundly beaten o_O

The problem with not having rules in set in stone

Completely. Needs to be a rule and it stuck to - say every club has to get their squad taking a same-day PCR test in the morning the day before the game, and then if there are x positive PCR tests then the game is cancelled the night before.

Its not rocket science to bring in a rule like that. I'm sure there will be scenarios which it doesnt cover but it could be 80%-90% right and that would be better than the current randomness

I'm looking forward to the game. Need to do some chanting/shouting/yelling for the team, as loud as possible, and to get out of "planet Covid/ groundhog day", if only for 90 minutes.

We've spent the last two years being the poster club of virtue signalling. This would go against everything thats now taking place.
Had it been at Anfield, maybe...but this is London we're talking about. I can already imagine the pressure groups polishing their Twitter batons. I will literally be amazed if we play...and get soundly beaten o_O

Poster boys of virtue signalling?

Completely. Needs to be a rule and it stuck to - say every club has to get their squad taking a same-day PCR test in the morning the day before the game, and then if there are x positive PCR tests then the game is cancelled the night before.

Its not rocket science to bring in a rule like that. I'm sure there will be scenarios which it doesnt cover but it could be 80%-90% right and that would be better than the current randomness

So what happens when testing on the morning of the match shows half the squad is infected, as per Villa today? Ignore it?

What on earth are you on about?

Was in two minds about attending today but just had my mind made up for me with a positive test ffs, fancy us to get something out of the game today.

COYS

Tbf it’s nobodies business which players have been vaccinated or not. Why should it be? Just because they are footballers doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed privacy.

I guess I just find it bad taste that Klopp is clamouring to know which players have covid — it seems inappropriate to me. The PL make the decision to postpone games or not, talk to them if he has a problem…(I.e Conte didn’t seem concerned which Leicester players have it)

(Fyi none of this is a dig at you Steff, everyone's entitled to their opinion)

Understood mate and agreed.

Back