• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Rennes *** *POSTPONED*

Sorry Milo but you wouldn’t take this ‘on the chin’ stance if it was in the uefa champions league!

we shouldn’t be arrogant or dismissive of any competition.

Spot on. There must be some free time in the first 2/3 weeks of Jan when Rennes can play. If it happens to be a midweek when we already have a fixture, as mentioned before, we would have to field a scratch team, but at least we get a chance to snatch a win, however unlikely. It is still a better option than a forfeit
Also from what I hear, if we forfeit we lose all the prize money we’ve gained from all the games thus far. Might only be a few million but it’s still funds for transfer fees and wages potentially

It would be unfair on Vitesse for us to play the game knowing any win sees us through. I think that we should take this on the chin and accept that the game is forfeited because we were unable to fulfill the fixture

Seems to be a mute point as there wasn’t an issue, if the 3 parties could agree a date, for it being played before 31st December.

we knew vitesse were likely to win, they knew they were likely to win…as did Mura probably.

so yeah the only unknown variable is the game which hasn’t been sodding played.

I find it bizarre that we’re content to give vitesse a leg up and not fight our corner.

yet why am I surprised, fans who want our players to have a winning mentality also want us to fecking forfeit a game.

sometimes I’m sure we get what we deserve.

There's a big difference because if us and Vitesse both won, it goes down to goal difference. If they won 4-0 and we won 1-0, we would've gone out. Now we know that any win would see us through. That's a big advantage.

It's not a case of what I want, and I think that it is clear that the club has been fighting our corner, but I think that it would be the fairest outcome under the circumstances.

Seems to be a mute point as there wasn’t an issue, if the 3 parties could agree a date, for it being played before 31st December.

Vitesse had a request for their game to be postponed turned down. I think that they would challenge any decision that saw us go through at their expense

Vitesse had a request for their game to be postponed turned down. I think that they would challenge any decision that saw us go through at their expense

I’m sure there’s a few precedents in the past of the last game in a group stage being called off due to bad weather and being played another day. In the CL this season Atalanta - Villarreal for one.

Sorry Milo but you wouldn’t take this ‘on the chin’ stance if it was in the uefa champions league!

we shouldn’t be arrogant or dismissive of any competition.

I don’t want us to forfeit the game, but if we have to I’m not sure we have much of a leg to stand in, the rules are pretty clear on it.

I don’t want us to forfeit the game, but if we have to I’m not sure we have much of a leg to stand in, the rules are pretty clear on it.

unprecedented times, powers at be should be understanding of the current climate and be flexible.

And what of the competitions reputation after just being pushed out of the flaps of uefa’s mush?

the fixture should be played to honour the tournament and spirit of the game.

and bloody ell yeah we need to fight our corner on this one!

allowing uefa , Rennes, vitesse to finger our bung holes while we ‘take it on the chin’ up the ol kiber…whatever, sets a very dangerous precedent for the future.

a future where uefa/premier league among many others will feel they can insert an index into our crevice at will

no!

Rennes are being complete diacks on this one they could play this fixture easily but are being utter clams.

yes we messed up at mura, but we should have the chance to fulfill this fixture.

third rate competition or not we cannot and should not allow third rate teams to poop all over us.

They tend to be played the next day.

Yes but Milos point was we would have an unfair advantage if we now get to play it. As we know the Vitesse result. The point I was trying to make is their is precedent of games being played after they are meant to and 1 day or 30 days the same ‘advantage’ would still be the case.

unprecedented times, powers at be should be understanding of the current climate and be flexible.

And what of the competitions reputation after just being pushed out of the flaps of uefa’s mush?

the fixture should be played to honour the tournament and spirit of the game.

and bloody ell yeah we need to fight our corner on this one!

allowing uefa , Rennes, vitesse to finger our bung holes while we ‘take it on the chin’ up the ol kiber…whatever, sets a very dangerous precedent for the future.

a future where uefa/premier league among many others will feel they can insert an index into our crevice at will

no!

Rennes are being complete diacks on this one they could play this fixture easily but are being utter clams.

yes we messed up at mura, but we should have the chance to fulfill this fixture.

third rate competition or not we cannot and should not allow third rate teams to poop all over us.

The difference is UEFA have set rules - 13 players and a Keeper and it goes ahead, something the PL should have in place

If we had that amount of players what is our defence?

Didn’t we tell Rennes the game was on then as soon as they landed it was off? I can see why they wouldn’t be happy with us.

The difference is UEFA have set rules - 13 players and a Keeper and it goes ahead, something the PL should have in place

If we had that amount of players what is our defence?

Didn’t we tell Rennes the game was on then as soon as they landed it was off? I can see why they wouldn’t be happy with us.

Because by that time we’d had one further player test positive and we’d been told to shut down first team training facilities for at least 3 days? (Not totally sure on the timings but I think both those things happened later in the day).

It is unfair on Vitesse because we would go into the game knowing what result is required which we wouldn't have done if the games were played simultaneously.

We did do the right thing calling off the game but the situation isn't a lot different from Leyton Orient forfeiting their League Cup game against us last season, which we benefitted from.

Sois serieux, mon chum.

Does anyone think Vitesse weren't going to be trying to pound the pi55 out of Mura when they played their final game to boost their goal difference?

They were up 3-0 in the first half alone. Being pegged back a goal probably put a bit of caution into them. Even if we were playing at the same time, we'd have been fully aware of the scoreline from the off and fully cognizant of what we needed to do.

There's time to fit in a make-up game in the first week or two of January - Wed. Jan 5 would be ideal for both clubs. Nice little gaps in their domestic schedules and Rennes will be coming off a two-week or more winter break.

If our game with Rennes is fully scrapped this is really about UEFA seeing an opportunity to pick on a big English club and please all the Euro minnows they're trying to boost with this competition. If this situation had been different, say with Rennes needing to win to qualify and we'd finished first, you bet your sweet bippy this game would have been absolutely imposed on us - yeww Eengleesh 'ave zuch beeg zquads - at a less convenient time.

Stupid tournament, stupid team, stupid situation, stupid fudging UEFA, let us keep the pennies we got thus far, let us exit without further financial punishment, allow us to concentrate on 4th spot which is there for us to take. If UEFA really cared, perhaps their fudging VAR system could've worked properly on June 1st 2019!!!! Of course now they need us for their tinpot brick-heap, they'll likely make us play/send us through and make us pariahs of the European tier B. Marvelous. p.s. whoever the spanner was the called it the Proletariat Champions League, fudge him too!!!!!:D trumper!:D

Back