• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

Despite the fact that the revised 2020 season had four fewer races than 2019, Formula 1 maintained a strong audience position with an average audience per Grand Prix in 2020 at 87.4m. While this is marginally down at -4.5% on 2019, the average per Grand Prix was 87m in 2016, 2017 and 2018, 80m in 2015 and 83m in 2014 and therefore the 2020 performance was very much in line with the average for the past seven years despite the challenging circumstances.

Despite the fact that the revised 2020 season had four fewer races than 2019, Formula 1 maintained a strong audience position with an average audience per Grand Prix in 2020 at 87.4m. While this is marginally down at -4.5% on 2019, the average per Grand Prix was 87m in 2016, 2017 and 2018, 80m in 2015 and 83m in 2014 and therefore the 2020 performance was very much in line with the average for the past seven years despite the challenging circumstances.
Yep down 4.5%
Not sure what the challenging circumstances were for TV?

Maybe they could award interim points if there is a restart. Pro rata race points for laps completed.

48.12 is a slam dunk, if they go by what is set out. Will be interesting to see how they justify the difference from previous.
Yes? That's the point of letting lapped cars pass. It's to get them out of the way of the race leaders. The other cars behind are irrelevant to the outcome of the race. That's how it has been done in 24 hour races I've taken part in.

The cars behind are relevant though to the outcome of this race, even in your blinkered fanboy/hatred of LH eyes (I'm not sure which it is, could even be both) you have to see why there is a sense of injustice to what has happened.
If all the cars behind had been allowed to un-lap themselves, something which for all I can remember has happened for decades until today, then there is a very good chance that the race would have ended behind the safety car - hence a different result.
(Please find me one or more prior F1 races where all the un-lapped cars haven't been told to un-lap themselves.)

And you can bet your bottom dollar that if the shoe was on the other foot, Horner and co would be doing exactly what Merc are doing.

48.12 is a slam dunk, if they go by what is set out. Will be interesting to see how they justify the difference from previous.

The cars behind are relevant though to the outcome of this race, even in your blinkered fanboy/hatred of LH eyes (I'm not sure which it is, could even be both) you have to see why there is a sense of injustice to what has happened.
If all the cars behind had been allowed to un-lap themselves, something which for all I can remember has happened for decades until today, then there is a very good chance that the race would have ended behind the safety car - hence a different result.
(Please find me one or more prior F1 races where all the un-lapped cars haven't been told to un-lap themselves.)

And you can bet your bottom dollar that if the shoe was on the other foot, Horner and co would be doing exactly what Merc are doing.
TBF red bull did nothing wrong
Neither did Hamilton
Mercedes made some odd calls in their strategy which burned them badly
Neither team had any issues with their cars or their drivers
But the officials….. wow!!! whole levels of incompetence

Yeah Damon Hill on the Sky commentary said he can’t remember an occasion where only some cars are un-lapped and not all.

LH vs MV is only one of the battles. There were loads of other mini battles happening downfield for drivers and constructors points. One of of the drivers downfield in his interview said the partial un-lapping was unfair with the battle he was having.

I would have thought either you un-lap everyone or you don’t un-lap anyone. Perhaps there’s an actual reason I don’t know about, I only follow the sport casually so I’m not up on all the detail

Yeah Damon Hill on the Sky commentary said he can’t remember an occasion where only some cars are un-lapped and not all.

LH vs MV is only one of the battles. There were loads of other mini battles happening downfield for drivers and constructors points. One of of the drivers downfield in his interview said the partial un-lapping was unfair with the battle he was having.

I would have thought either you un-lap everyone or you don’t un-lap anyone. Perhaps there’s an actual reason I don’t know about, I only follow the sport casually so I’m not up on all the detail
The only reason was it would have meant no fast final lap

TBF red bull did nothing wrong
Neither did Hamilton
Mercedes made some odd calls in their strategy which burned them badly
Neither team had any issues with their cars or their drivers
But the officials….. wow!!! whole levels of incompetence

Yeh exactly, it's not about the teams or drivers but omg the officials/FIA and choices..

How anyone can look at removing all the cars between MV & LH with the tyre differences, and then just starting the race again, believe it is fair is beyond me.

Both deserved to win, Max for his all season performance and Lewis for how the last few races they turned things around.
Given all the bs that has just taken place, they should award no points for the top two and give Lewis the win thus sharing the championship - but pleasantries like that no longer exist..

There is a reason why F1 was almost dead and no one bothered to watch it, but is now more popular than ever. Those are the rules. If you don't like them, that's fine, you don't understand the sport.

Well fvck me! As someone who's been watching F1 since the Jim Clark days in complete and utter ignorance, I'm just glad there's some clever fvckers around to explain how it works these days! Thank you sir!

As someone said, just imagine two teams playing football, say Spurs v The Goons, and we are winning 12:0 and then with two minutes to go the referee says next goal wins, and The Goons go and score.

That was just diabolical by the race officials :eek:

The race last a total number of laps, does not matter who is in front, for most of it. the winner is the first over the line, at the end.

Merc had a chance to change tyres, and would have been in Max's place. but they thought better of it, even Ham moaned about it, during the race.

For the experts here, Whats the reason they keep checking off laps when the safety car comes out. Why not pause on lap x of y until the safety car goes off?

Gutted. I feel like Spurs have lost a cup final. This morning I just woke up bitter AF about it.

A few things, don't give me the 'Max deserved it all season' line. Max raced incredibly, but Lewis would have had equal wins if today's farce wasn't determined by Masi, and he's had more point finishes this season than Max. The reason Max is now Champ is because Red Bull strategy has been far better than Mercedes all season, that's played a major part in getting Max to where he is. Let's not forget Max got a free 'win' with Lewis in 3rd because of Belgium, people conveniantly ignore that as one of his race 'wins'. 2 laps behind a safety car and then called it off, with Max given maximum points.

Now onto yesterday, Masi literally re-wrote the rules to see fit. It's genuinely like being 1-0 up in the 90th minute, then the ref cancelling and going "we'll do Golden Goal instead".

You can't then argue it was fair for the cars to unlap themselves, but not allow Sainz the same opportunity Max was given. Sainz had no opportunity to challenge Max, or Lewis, but Max was given free reign to race at Lewis?

Masi did that, not for the good of the sport, but because he panicked and didn't want the race to end under a safety car. That's flimflam even if you are Team Max/Red Bull. You can't just make it up as you see fit otherwise what's the point? Any time the Director doesn't like what's happening he can just change the rules?

Lewis deserved to title after another imperious drive. The rules are clearly also unfit, not just for Masi, but because the lead driver is penalised through no fault of his own, an 11 second lead to win the race, just wiped out because Masi decided so. Ridiculous.

People saying "Mercedes need to accept it". Sorry, flimflam. the rules are written for a reason. It's not a fudging dictatorship determination. Why not just have Kim Jong Un as race director if that's how it will be?

As someone said, just imagine two teams playing football, say Spurs v The Goons, and we are winning 12:0 and then with two minutes to go the referee says next goal wins, and The Goons go and score.

That was just diabolical by the race officials :eek:
Wrong example. It would be equal to one team having the majority of posession, pressing all game, leading 12-0 in shots on target, and then getting done on the counter in added time. It happens and its part of the game.

Back