• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

Horner: " we only need one lap of racing"
Stewards:" here you go and we will clear out the back markers for you as an extra sweetner".

Last edited:
But aren't those the rules? The commentators I listened to were quite clear on the lapped cars having to be let pass the safety car.

The race director and/or stewards have created a real mess by selectively following the rules. A bit of my favourite buttplug.

But aren't those the rules? The commentators I listened to were quite clear on the lapped cars having to be let pass the safety car.

Yes, but normally they make them catch up to the back of the pack before racing resumes. Which would have meant the race ending behind the safety car.

The dullest race ever, until the last 5 laps, then the stewards try to hand it to Hamilton, because Mercedes fudged up and didn't make a pit stop, by ignoring the rules of letting lapped cars pass the safety car, then they realize that would have consequences, and change their mind. From there it was only one winner.
Congratulations to Verstappen! A deserved win. Most wins, most lead laps, longest time in the lead all season. All in all, a well deserved 1st World championship win.

Think it depends whose commentating, Swiss tv not mentioning any controversy, yet by the sounds of it British tv crying foul play?

Yes, but normally they make them catch up to the back of the pack before racing resumes. Which would have meant the race ending behind the safety car.
They only let them pass, not necessarily catch up to the back again. What they did now is according to the rules. Not letting them pass would be creating new rules.

The dullest race ever, until the last 5 laps, then the stewards try to hand it to Hamilton, because Mercedes fudged up and didn't make a pit stop, by ignoring the rules of letting lapped cars pass the safety car, then they realize that would have consequences, and change their mind. From there it was only one winner.
Congratulations to Verstappen! A deserved win. Most wins, most lead laps, longest time in the lead all season. All in all, a well deserved 1st World championship win.

Mercedes couldn't pit Lewis, they'd have lost track position on a street circuit with high chance of safety car.

Back