• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

He was bought as a Jorge Mendes bung, no other reason. Same as Gedson. We've not had two players so out of their depth in the EPL since the Nethercott and Cundy days

Let's be honest. We signed a wing back. Then played him at full back. He is good going forward, average defence as a full back.

If he ever had a chance it's now. I see him behind Royale but I'd like to think Tanganga is one of the the centre backs when he plays. Especially on the right side seeing how much our outside centre backs have license to push forward.

Agree that this is his chance. Or rather, his last chance here, if he can't prove himself rather quickly under Conte he won't be long at the club. Depends on what Conte wants from his wing backs though.

He's a tidy enough combination player, was at his best at Wolves more as an underlapping wing back with Traore doing the wing role. As long as we stick with the 3-4-3 with Moura or Bergwijn wide right maybe it could work. Both are capable wingers on that side.

Against Mura it was Gil, who is more of a cutting inside from the right player, not at all a winger really on that side. Asking Doherty to be an overlapping wing back, not his strength. Didn't really work.

As long as Royal stays fit I don't think Doherty will get enough time on the pitch to actually adjust and prove himself. Playing in disjointed teams won't help him much and we don't have a lot of those games left either.

If Royal gets injured (knock on wood), and we're forced to play Doherty over time, adjust to his strengths, he could make it.

I think Conte wants a WING back though. Right now last chance saloon looks more like a big chain pub in a train station used as a waiting room for the rather imminent departure rather than a place to get a whisky before the climactic fight back of the downtrodden.

He was bought as a Jorge Mendes bung, no other reason. Same as Gedson. We've not had two players so out of their depth in the EPL since the Nethercott and Cundy days
I'm not sure who I think is worse. Doherty or Hutton. [emoji28]

I was told by a former player that Hutton had a massive penis. Had to strap it to his leg when he ran so it did not take out opposition players eyes.

It's well known that the biggest penis in the ibrox dressing room at the time belonged to lorenzo amarusso.
This caused quite a stir as ian ferguson was supposedly "gifted".
It became a bit of a run joke in scotland, never heard Hutton get a mention.
All rather weird imho, but whatever.

Hutton had some good seasons. Then he got slow and he was crap after that. Maybe the slowness was to do with being unfit etc. But he was good for 1-2 seasons.
Good seasons? You jest surely? He was good in his debut Vs United where he kept a rampant Ronaldo quiet but he was bloody atrocious his entire time.

It's well known that the biggest penis in the ibrox dressing room at the time belonged to lorenzo amarusso.
This caused quite a stir
Suddenly things make a lot of sense. Round about 1994 I was hanging around outside the ground after a match with my Italian girlfriend to see which players came out to sign autographs blah blah and she got very excited and started jumping up and down and pointing and shouting Amoruso! Amoruso! at some bloke inside the fencing... she claimed Lorenzo Amoruso was there but I just thought meh who's he, what is she on about. Clearly she had witnessed the full shining majesty of his pumping polished girth at some point. That explains a LOT of things.

Suddenly things make a lot of sense. Round about 1994 I was hanging around outside the ground after a match with my Italian girlfriend to see which players came out to sign autographs blah blah and she got very excited and started jumping up and down and pointing and shouting Amoruso! Amoruso! at some bloke inside the fencing... she claimed Lorenzo Amoruso was there but I just thought meh who's he, what is she on about. Clearly she had witnessed the full shining majesty of his pumping polished girth at some point. That explains a LOT of things.
Do you think she reads this forum and now knows she’s been rumbled?

Tanganga came on. Doherty is a goner I think.

Seems like a real statement on the surface at least. Perhaps an argument could be made that Tanganga is better defensively and it was just a tactical decision to bring on the better defender and Doherty still considered a good option for Emerson? Seems a bit of a stretch though.

Gives us another potential problem for January. I like and rate Tanganga, but he's hardly a natural wing back. A quality option at wing back won't be an easy find in January.

Whole situation speaks volumes about how well Emerson has done.

Back