• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

That guy on a free from AC milan and the Vlauhovic and we would be cooking a bit better for the rest of the season for sure. We need another Center back that can play forward better to be well covered. But we can do with what we have for this season I feel. Surely AC would take some money in Jan than lose him on a free in the summer.

That guy on a free from AC milan and the Vlauhovic and we would be cooking a bit better for the rest of the season for sure. We need another Center back that can play forward better to be well covered. But we can do with what we have for this season I feel. Surely AC would take some money in Jan than lose him on a free in the summer.

Would be really excited about Vlahovic coming in come January. Just really difficult to see it happening. Even if clubs with more money stay away (and that's a pretty big if) he'll still be expensive. Fiorentina will know that a lot of teams will be after him come the summer.

For me centre back, particularly a left footer, should be a big priority. In midfield we have options, Winks is showing positive signs, we have potential solutions in Ndombele and Lo Celso in addition to a fairly well functioning partnership.

One injury to any three of our starting central defenders and we start having problems. If we have to do without Davies... fudge knows whet happens?

But again, depends on who we can actually do a deal for. How much money we have to spend probably depending on outgoings, so who are we able to sell? January will cause frustration for sure.

Would be really excited about Vlahovic coming in come January. Just really difficult to see it happening. Even if clubs with more money stay away (and that's a pretty big if) he'll still be expensive. Fiorentina will know that a lot of teams will be after him come the summer.

For me centre back, particularly a left footer, should be a big priority. In midfield we have options, Winks is showing positive signs, we have potential solutions in Ndombele and Lo Celso in addition to a fairly well functioning partnership.

One injury to any three of our starting central defenders and we start having problems. If we have to do without Davies... fudge knows whet happens?

But again, depends on who we can actually do a deal for. How much money we have to spend probably depending on outgoings, so who are we able to sell? January will cause frustration for sure.

I actually think CF and a creative player, either in midfield or up front, are priorities

Kane cannot play every game from now til May, so we need someone even if just on loan and before a proper signing in the summer

In terms of the creative player I mention, the key for this (in addition to being able to open up defence) is linking the midfield and attack. I'm assuming that Dele and Ndomeble are finish at Spurs so we need someone who can function in that capacity

I don't see us spending big on an out-an-out CF when a creative midfielder is such an issue (unless one or more of the existing three are on a genuine Conte slow track)

I don't see us spending big on an out-an-out CF when a creative midfielder is such an issue (unless one or more of the existing three are on a genuine Conte slow track)

Although Eriksen played a minor role with conte he was instrumental when required to unlock the defence, but was not the main stay in the team. Juve didn't have a playmaker either.

Conte likes robust hard working midfield players that run and create pockets of space. I can't see us buying a creative midfield player but let's see.

I actually think CF and a creative player, either in midfield or up front, are priorities

Kane cannot play every game from now til May, so we need someone even if just on loan and before a proper signing in the summer

In terms of the creative player I mention, the key for this (in addition to being able to open up defence) is linking the midfield and attack. I'm assuming that Dele and Ndomeble are finish at Spurs so we need someone who can function in that capacity

Could be. There are definitely several positions and roles where we could do with a good signing. Too many to realistically fix it all in January. Would be interesting to know what Conte and Paratici thinks is the highest priority, but that's not going to happen.

Could make arguments for several I think.

Conte likes robust hard working midfield players that run and create pockets of space. I can't see us buying a creative midfield player but let's see.
I can see that... rather than one defensive guy and one box-to-box and one creative genius, which leaves us frigged if 1 of the 3 is out... he prefers 3 all-action midfielders who can do a bit of everything like Michael Essien who was not particularly elite at one thing but was an extremely good package.

I wonder if Kessie and Brozovic and Sarr fit that bill? Very hard working, do they have enough about them?

I don't think we will see much in Jan but, maybe some more creative clearing and a loan in by Fab but anything big def in the summer.

If Metz were clearer of the bottom 3 I would not have been shocked to see Sarr in earlier.

One for the summer, looks like Hugo may well leave and go back to France, far from certain but according to my man at the club his mind is on going back for last two seasons at home. Sam Johnstone likely to come in regardless, club really keen on him

Traoré is a freak, I know I’m in the massive minority and I also know the stats, but I just think he’d cause mayhem for our opponents if we bought him.

don’t worry though guys, I doubt he’s a Conte type player!

Fantastic talent and player at his best. If anyone can get consistency and hard work from him they'll have a damn near world class player on their hands.

If Conte backs himself to do that I won't bet against him. A front three of him, Kane and Son could be astonishing. But my gut feeling is that we need to bring in players that arrive ready to do the work, bring top attitude. So I would personally think we'd look elsewhere.

Back