• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

That’s disingenuous. It says, “double vaccinated people”. Not, “people who have had more than one jab”.

It’s a mistake in the graph as the text in the report itself refers to “Fully vaccinated” people- they probably forgot to update the template when they started with the booster jabs.

It’s a mistake in the graph as the text in the report itself refers to “Fully vaccinated” people- they probably forgot to update the template when they started with the booster jabs.

And then what even is fully vaccinated - Am I fully vaccinated if I am eligible for a booster but have not had it?

The Zoe people should be very precise with their language yet they elect not to be. And it’s not very helpful for those of us who do like to ruminate on the information.

At the moment fully vaccinated is considered 2 jabs. The booster is considered a booster. They may change it to 3 jabs being considered fully vaccinated, but they haven't yet.

Remember not everyone is eligible for a booster yet. So the government wont change the definition yet. The reason, is it will mainly be important towards vaccine passports. Come january when all adults have been offered the booster they will probably change it.

I'm hearing if you have had a jab in the last 6 months you are considered vaccinated for EU travel. Get your booster though.

I'm hearing if you have had a jab in the last 6 months you are considered vaccinated for EU travel. Get your booster though.
So what happens in say a years time or 18 months
Do we have to keep having the latest jab to be able to travel or will the world accept COVID is here to stay ?

I'm also not sure such regular antibody top-ups are good for people, if this goes into the medium term. It's not really how human immunity works - that's what memory cells are for. The main point of vaccines are to give people a controlled first hit, so they develop the tools to deal with future ones. If our natural immune response is repeatedly pushed to the side, wouldn't that just keep extending the problem?

I know this nuance is lost in a time of panic, but isn't it essentially the Pfizer people who are really in need of top-ups, while the AZ ones are looking more promising as sustainable long term protection?

I'm also not sure such regular antibody top-ups are good for people, if this goes into the medium term. It's not really how human immunity works - that's what memory cells are for. The main point of vaccines are to give people a controlled first hit, so they develop the tools to deal with future ones. If our natural immune response is repeatedly pushed to the side, wouldn't that just keep extending the problem?

I know this nuance is lost in a time of panic, but isn't it essentially the Pfizer people who are really in need of top-ups, while the AZ ones are looking more promising as sustainable long term protection?

The oxford scientist who developed the vax said she didn't think you needed a booster with az.
Tbh with so much covid in the uk over the last 4 months we've been getting constant boosters.

Do we have to keep having the latest jab to be able to travel or will the world accept COVID is here to stay ?

Its like the flu jab I guess. But there is hysteria. Some understandable but some hyperbole.

I'd assume each country will make its own rules based on what ever they choose to.

And that's where we come to terms with the fact that we aren't free. I'm already OK with it. The jabs are safe and free. Stick them in me.

South Africa cases doubled to 8561, from 4373 yesterday. 2273 the day before.

All i can say is it better be mild or we are fudged.

At least it will be quick. If it stays at that rate, in 2 weeks everyone in south africa will have been infected.

Although seeing as they only do about 40,000 tests a day it will probably be sooner.

Last edited:
We probably have a couple more variant cycles to go through.
Omicron seems to be a next phase - highly contagious mutation that appears to have milder symptoms. A few more of those and it'll be like flu - we'll keep catching it, but as the years go by we won't notice most of the time.

Until then I think we'll be on boosters and restrictions in the rich parts of the world whilst the poor parts catch up and then many poorer countries will insist on certain jabs before entry - like they do now.

We probably have a couple more variant cycles to go through.
Omicron seems to be a next phase - highly contagious mutation that appears to have milder symptoms. A few more of those and it'll be like flu - we'll keep catching it, but as the years go by we won't notice most of the time.

Until then I think we'll be on boosters and restrictions in the rich parts of the world whilst the poor parts catch up and then many poorer countries will insist on certain jabs before entry - like they do now.

My thoughts exactly.

Back