• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

While there is no evidence at all that this is vaccine resistant I can see why people get scared. Be careful till we have more data. And I'd be wary planning holidays purely due to how quickly flight bans come around.

Not just flight bans. Quarantine, having to spend 10 days in quarantine then getting a hefty bill on top. Might ruin it.

Not just flight bans. Quarantine, having to spend 10 days in quarantine then getting a hefty bill on top. Might ruin it.

My partner and I came back from a Euro trip last Monday. We took in Paris, Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow and Brussels by train. I don’t think we could’ve timed it any better in terms of our safety and restrictions. We would’ve been required to quarantine in Brussels if we had spent more than 48 hours there.

As an aside, all countries we visited were very strict in terms of masks indoors and vaccine evidence. However, the hardest and longest part of travelling was leaving St Pancras!

Exempt from Face Mask badges on Amazon, delivered Tuesday £4 for 8

I don't get why anyone would want to do that, or promote it.
It's an inconvenience, sure. I wear a mask on public transport if it's busy, and in a shop as a courtesy if there's a sign at the entrance saying they'd like people to wear masks. Otherwise I prefer not to. But if it's required, it's a pain but not the end of the world.
If you don't want to wear one, don't wear it and stand your ground if it means that much. Don't hide behind some pretend exemption.

Edit : I meant "you" generally, no "you" as in you.

It's probably been here for months and is that 'worst cold ever' that everyone has had all autumn
Hope so , but fear that may be wishful thinking.

If it does get out of hand can’t see Boris cancelling Xmas again . They will wait till Jan to introduce bigger restrictions.

It's probably been here for months and is that 'worst cold ever' that everyone has had all autumn

Unfortunately not. A variant like this would have been picked up very quickly given the amount of testing going on in the UK.

We don’t know enough yet to see where this leaves us but they are obviously spooked by it.

Another sign that the pandemic isn’t over here until it’s over everywhere.

Hope so , but fear that may be wishful thinking.

If it does get out of hand can’t see Boris cancelling Xmas again . They will wait till Jan to introduce bigger restrictions.

What restrictions can/should they enforce now? I know it may sound heartless and dismissive to people who work in the health service, but we can’t afford to keep shutting down the economy, telling everyone to work from home and print money we don’t have. We’ve got to come up with smarter ways of dealing with pandemics besides flipping the off switch to the economy because there will be more pandemics in the future.

What restrictions can/should they enforce now? I know it may sound heartless and dismissive to people who work in the health service, but we can’t afford to keep shutting down the economy, telling everyone to work from home and print money we don’t have. We’ve got to come up with smarter ways of dealing with pandemics besides flipping the off switch to the economy because there will be more pandemics in the future.

Nobodyhas suggested that. Just mask wearing in shops.

It's masks and PCR tests for travellers and a plea for as many as possible to get their booster

Back