• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Keep/Sell - who?

Daisuk

Les Medley
As of today, if we got a reasonably good price for the player in question, who would you move on, and who would you keep? And don't think about "oh, we need time to get in a replacement so should keep player x and y" and so on, let's say we do get a replacement for all of them without it being a worry.

Will be interesting to see how this list changes over time.

Here's mine as of today, who to sell:

Winks
Sanchez
Doherty
Dier
Sessegnon
Lo Celso
N'Dombele
Davies
Rodon
Dele
Kane
Bergwijn
Lucas
Clarke

Leaving us with who to keep:

Lloris (would happily extent his contract)
Reguilon
Romero
Højbjerg
Son
Gil
Royal
Gollini
Tanganga
Skipp

Damn. That's a short list of players to keep. I realize someone like Rodon, Sessegnon, Clarke and Bergwijn haven't really had the amount of chances theyy should be getting, but they have all contributed with very little since they came in.

Lucas is a bit ... I think he's doing his share, but I ultimately just don't think he's very good. He's a fighter though. Same with Højbjerg, but feel he is potentially more useful to us.

I'm a bit torn on Kane obviously. In an ideal world we'd keep him, but he just seems to have lost it playing for us - there's just something not right there. Maybe it would be best for both parties if he just left.

Dier has done well this season, so also a bit torn on him, but ultimately, I don't think he's going to be difficult to upgrade on.

I’d possibly keep Dier - good bloke, bit of a utility option - and I’d shift Gollini too (doesn’t look anywhere near good enough to me) but agree otherwise.

Of the original list, I have no idea why anyone would want rid of Dier who has been getting better and better or Moura who is about the only person that can be relied on to create anything. I don’t see why Sess would be on the sell list either, everyone was talking him up a few days ago - I don’t see him making a stupid mistake on what was a bad night all round as reason to get rid of him, providing he proves his fitness.

Personally I would still keep Kane - we are complaining about not having a backup striker yet want to get rid of one of the most proven In the world? Not for me, but I get the argument for selling him. I think Bergwijn is not one to give up on either, but accept some won’t be as patient…..

I want to see what our players can offer after a season of being coached before making a call on their future. Anyone not cutting the mustard by May can/will go but i have sympathy for the players who have had to endure the last couple of years of mismanagement - that's a significant amount of their careers spent being neglected on the training field.

Last edited:
Of the original list, I have no idea why anyone would want rid of Dier who has been getting better and better or Moura who is about the only person that can be relied on to create anything. I don’t see why Sess would be on the sell list either, everyone was talking him up a few days ago - I don’t see him making a stupid mistake on what was a bad night all round as reason to get rid of him, providing he proves his fitness.

Personally I would still keep Kane - we are complaining about not having a backup striker yet want to get rid of one of the most proven In the world? Not for me, but I get the argument for selling him. I think Bergwijn is not one to give up on either, but accept some won’t be as patient…..

I'd have Dier down as our player of the season, to date.

I want to see what our players can offer after a season of being coached before making a call on their future. Anyone not cutting the mustard by May can/will go but i have sympathy for the players who have had to endure the last couple of years of mismanagement - that's a significant amount of their careers spent being neglected on the training field.

A very sensible point, and I hope you're right, that all of them just need a bit of solid coaching.

I also think Dier has been good this season, which is why I'm on the fence - but I reckon we could upgrade on him fairly easily.

Conte doesn’t have time - he will already have a list and will be aiming to ship a number out this window and the rest in the summer.

So, give players who have been failing for 3+ years yet another chance?

That makes sense.

There are some we should do everything in our power to get rid off, for their sake and ours. For me nobody is off the table if we can get a decent fee and find someone good enough to bring in as a replacement. If we need to sell to raise additional transfer funds we probably can't be too choosy in who to keep or sell, we have to consider all offers, and even our biggest stars in Kane, Son and Lloris are all getting to that age where we'll have to replace them soon anyway.

So, give players who have been failing for 3+ years yet another chance?

That makes sense.

We can't afford to do that obviously as squads need to move forward, which means ins/outs and players here will have to make way for others coming in - but between now and the jan/summer window some of them will respond well to the coaching on offer and change some minds (and some won't)

Back