• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Adama Traore would do great at that RWB role. Is he any good thus season? Haven't watched Wolves this season that much. Doherty+20/25 mil £ might be enough. Sell Sachez, Davies get 2 of them italians CB. Sell Ndombele, Winks, Dele get Kessie and Brozo. Buy Vlahovic and a great RW and it is done.

Then all 3 need to go. Personally I'd be willing to give GLC a little more time as he does seem to put the effort in, but Ndombele and Dele need shipping out asap and I could understand it if GLC was too

On the "leaves one player who can pass" - we'll be signing players too

Don't see us being able to source 2 creative midfielders in January. Even less chance of signing two that'll hit the ground running.

I think a lot of fans could be dissapointed in Jan, history shows that not that many top players get moves in the Jan window ( i know they have been a couple before anyone says that but not many). We do not need more fillers its obvious we need players who can improve us not more hopefulls.

I think a lot of fans could be dissapointed in Jan, history shows that not that many top players get moves in the Jan window ( i know they have been a couple before anyone says that but not many). We do not need more fillers its obvious we need players who can improve us not more hopefulls.
Vdv comes to mind

It depends on the Covid picture then too. If we are looking at closed stadiums again in mainland Europe, even the not directly effected EPL won't be taking any financial risks

For January I think we'll push the Aouar-Ndombele swap through, and buy a back-up CF like Brereton. But that's probably it. And also lots of pre-contracts sorted for the summer

It depends on the Covid picture then too. If we are looking at closed stadiums again in mainland Europe, even the not directly effected EPL won't be taking any financial risks

For January I think we'll push the Aouar-Ndombele swap through, and buy a back-up CF like Brereton. But that's probably it. And also lots of pre-contracts sorted for the summer

I do think we will sign players but not enough/many/top players to solve our problems. Summer will be more important.

Certainly we need to be realistic about what can be achieved in January - for both incomings and outgoings. But I think what most people will be looking for is the indications of our intent, rather than lots of signings. Is there a proper plan in place (might be a bit hard to judge given Paratici is said to have a bit of a scattergun approach with discussions underway with numerous potential targets at any one time), is Paratici left to his own devices (that seemed to work fine in the summer), do we get things in place earlyish or is there a sense of things being dragged out (because of course we all have insight into what's going on!) etc. A couple of signings early in January, and maybe a pre-contract for next season in place by the end, would be a good window, as long as they are what the manager wants. Even better if we can shift a couple out as well. Once thing for sure, we won't have to make up our own minds as to the success of the window as we will be able to tell from Conte himself whether or not he is happy with what transpires. Oh - and if it looks like we have to sell before we can buy, that would not feel good.

This, I'm afraid. That said, based on recent performances we might not have to aim very high to find players that will improve us. o_O

Most importantly, I believe, is buying players with the proper drive and desire to win and succeed. We desperately need players with the right mentality.

I repeat -

Marcelo Brozovic - six months on his contract come January.

Andrea Belotti - six months on his contract come January.

Alessio Romagnoli - six months on his contract come January.

Franck Kessie - six months on his contract come January.

Niklas Sule - six months on his contract come January.

Boubacar Kamara - six months on his contract come January.

Jesus Corona - six months on his contract come January.

Jason Denayer - six months on his contract come January.

Matthias Ginter - six months on his contract come January.

Denis Zakaria - six months on his contract come January.

Will some re-sign before January? Sure. Will others be available that will improve us? Definitely. Will clubs prefer to get decent fees for them over losing them on frees? Definitely, and even more so if COVID closes their stadiums again.

This is no time for any more of the pathetic, measly flimflam that passes for excuses from the likes of Dan and Steve 'I hate January' Hitchen.

We need good players who care about winning. Loads are available in January. Make a move, bring in three or more.

As for getting players out, chuck them to Barnsley if they want them, that's their level - if we mess around with needing to sell to buy, Conte will walk, I am sure of it. And while I will be happy for the protests against Dan and his tax exile boss that will follow...the discord will hurt the club.

No more time or space for excuses. Time to deliver.

I repeat -

Will some re-sign before January? Sure. Will others be available that will improve us? Definitely. Will clubs prefer to get decent fees for them over losing them on frees? Definitely, and even more so if COVID closes their stadiums again.

This is no time for any more of the pathetic, measly flimflam that passes for excuses from the likes of Dan and Steve 'I hate January' Hitchen.

We need good players who care about winning. Loads are available in January. Make a move, bring in three or more.

As for getting players out, chuck them to Barnsley if they want them, that's their level - if we mess around with needing to sell to buy, Conte will walk, I am sure of it. And while I will be happy for the protests against Dan and his tax exile boss that will follow...the discord will hurt the club.

Would love Kessie, Romagnoli, Brozo and Belotti.

I repeat -

Been playing football manager game i see, if it was only that easy.

I did say not many and seeing as many on here are talking about needing three players in Jan i think they will be dissapointed.
The only exception was the Jan of Defoe, Kaboul etc.
And that was a "needs must" window for players with an affinity to us and playering in smaller teams.

Paratici and Conte effect might help a bit with a couple, but as you say, Jan is very very tough.

A couple players in Jan would be fine, particularly if its a creative midfielder and CF

I repeat -

Ginter is rumoured to be going Bayern to replace sule
Sule is awful IMO
Can’t comment on a promo or Kamara
The rest are all very very good players

actually sorry I saw denayer… he is gash too

Paratici under investigation for accounting irregularities? If true so sexy! When we need his his full attention on transfers!

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back