• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

In essence Conte has been here just a few weeks and is suggesting a "painful rebuild". Basically, this is what Poch hinted at 3 years ago.

We have been rebuilding for a while now, the problem is the players we’ve brought in are not at the same level as the ones they replaced.

Sanchez (Poch said “we think he can become one of the best in the world”)
Ndombele
Lo Celso

Yes Levy/Hitchen can take some blame but these were all Poch signings.

Let’s see if Conte/Paratici can do better in the transfer market. Assuming they’re backed that is, if not they’ll be off “pronto”.

We have been rebuilding for a while now, the problem is the players we’ve brought in are not at the same level as the ones they replaced.

Ndombele
Lo Celso

Let’s see if Conte/Paratici can do better in the transfer market. Assuming they’re backed that is, if not they’ll be off “pronto”.
Agreed
But IMO they were the right buys on paper
They ticked the boxes

Ndombele
Lo Celso

Poch wanted Fernandes but he was deemed too expensive

If I were Conte I would be dropping sanchez, Doherty, Davies, Winks, Dele, Bergwijn, Ndombele and Lo Celso and bring up the academy players till we could buy better.

Might get 100m for that lot if we are lucky, plus 100m from the club. Then some sensible free transfers not Aaron Ramsey on 10m a week for 5 years.

We could start next season in an OK position.

The majority of people on here wouldn’t accept whatever Jose said.

It’s funny how the attitude on players have changed due to who the manager is. Under Mourinho it was his fault that he couldn’t get a tune out of NDombele,Dele etc and similar for Nuno. Conte comes in, and within a couple of weeks you can find those previously claiming that we have a top 4 squad and should be doing so much better now all of a sudden saying these players should be moved on:D….

We have a top six side on ability, and a relegation side on mentality.

If I were Conte I would be dropping sanchez, Doherty, Davies, Winks, Dele, Bergwijn, Ndombele and Lo Celso and bring up the academy players till we could buy better.

Might get 100m for that lot if we are lucky, plus 100m from the club. Then some sensible free transfers not Aaron Ramsey on 10m a week for 5 years.

Davies can cover our LCB position in our midweek team for 12-18 months whilst we're upgrading Sanchez and Rodon. Also wonder whetehr Bergiwjn can be converted to RWB when Doherty leaves?

I'd remove Davies, Bergwijn and GLC from that list to be honest. The rest can go.

Davies has always been a good pro and solid performer, he's done well recently. Bergwijn has never really had a proper run but looked good early on this season. Given I've written Ndombele off, I'm struggling to make a case for GLC but I do think he just hasn't been given a chance in his best position.

The rest have had enough chances.

The majority of people on here wouldn’t accept whatever Jose said.

It’s funny how the attitude on players have changed due to who the manager is. Under Mourinho it was his fault that he couldn’t get a tune out of NDombele,Dele etc and similar for Nuno. Conte comes in, and within a couple of weeks you can find those previously claiming that we have a top 4 squad and should be doing so much better now all of a sudden saying these players should be moved on:D….

Jose said as much as he could and people ripped into him.

I am not surprised at our behaviour. Accepting the truth is dependent on who is saying the truth.

Jose said as much as he could and people ripped into him.

I am not surprised at our behaviour. Accepting the truth is dependent on who is saying the truth.
Mourinho was an easy target on here - just a ‘dinosaur’, ‘toxic’ who would ‘throw players under the bus’. Nuno who was at least a decent coach before coming here but all of a sudden he was ‘clueless’ because he couldn’t get a tune out of them. But as Conte is currently one of the best managers in football, posters on here have no option but to accept it is the players who are the issue….

Mourinho was an easy target on here - just a ‘dinosaur’, ‘toxic’ who would ‘throw players under the bus’. Nuno who was at least a decent coach before coming here but all of a sudden he was ‘clueless’ because he couldn’t get a tune out of them. But as Conte is currently one of the best managers in football, posters on here have no option but to accept it is the players who are the issue….

Yes, you would be a fool not to listen to Conte. But he has been treading very carefully in public so far. Wouldn’t we all like to hear his unfiltered views right now.

No, Poch wanted Fernandes butLevy signed Lo Celso because he would not pay the fee required for Fernandes

You don’t think Poch agreed with the signing of Lo Celso then? Did Poch want either/or or both?
My point is that people are still going on about Poch’s call for a painful rebuild like if we’d listened at the time everything would be ok. The reality is the rebuild has been going on for several seasons but the evidence so far suggests we’ve bought poorly. Poch doesn’t get a free pass on that imo.

Back at the start of that window, Dan Kilpatrick reported that we had 4 main targets - Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Clarke. I may be mis-remembering but I recall that was early, before any specific talks/negotiations were known to be underway. The only name with the question mark over it is Clarke, as it seemed Poch was happy for him to stay at Leeds on loan, but Lo Celso seemed to be a key part of the plan. Maybe Poch changed his mind later on.

Completely agree with @harr1984 and I hope Jose is looked back upon in a slightly better light.

There is a very obvious mentality problem in this squad, which was the entire thing he wanted to change. But he was never backed to be able to do it. I hope Conte is.

Still makes me laugh that we allowed these players a vote on whether Jose stayed on, and sacked him a week before a cup final.

Back