• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ns Mura

We played poorly for half an hour; I can blame every player for that.

But from 32 minutes onwards I blame just one man, Ryan Sessegnon.

I’m guessing you’re a glass half-full sort? :D

The reality is that we were beaten by the lowest-ranked team in European group competition this year through a combination of arrogance, stupidity and laziness.

It really is as bad as it seems.
It's not about being glass half full. We performed well for a team playing with 10. It's tough to do that, even if you're playing a lowly team. In the end our creativity was lacking, which is what cost us.

These players really are just not good enough. I have no doubt if you were to sell them off and they went to play for other teams they may be decent but as a unit they are just not good at all.

We need a massive overhaul.

He was defending in LCB. It is hard for a right footed CB who normally plays RCB to do this. That is what has happened.

He's just not assured. His awareness wasn't there to track the runner. His pace got him back. But then he's all at sea. Its not hard to defend if he keeps his cool and ensures the player can't cut back in on goal. Its CB defending 101. The panic and lack of composure is the issue.

Idk if anyone would buy them, but selling Sanchez (who can be a decent player if he gets his head right), Davies, Doherty and Winks would raise our average ability significantly! I don't actually mind Doherty I think he's better than he's shown, but we have Tanganga and Royal who are better and 6 years younger.

We beat Rennes, we're through unless Vitesse hammer Mura. Goal difference counts before H2H away goals from what I can see. Embarrassing result but we're still alive.
I've been to numerous sites to see the table, and we're in 3rd in all of them. Don't know how you have us above vitesse.

I hope we don't win and go out
Can't trust our 2nd team and can't play the first team in every single game

Sanchez, Doherty, Dele, N'Dombele, Lo Celso, Davies, Winks all need selling over the next 2 windows

Hard to argue. Sell those 7, buy 4 or 5 players who can actually be trusted to put in a proper shift. Fill the gaps with youth.

He was defending in LCB. It is hard for a right footed CB who normally plays RCB to do this. That is what has happened.
Not sure. What I will say is that Sanchez always gives 100% and a lot of the time he'll go full pelt with either a great challenge/tackle or selling himself the end result. Tonight it was the latter.

I've been to numerous sites to see the table, and we're in 3rd in all of them. Don't know how you have us above vitesse.

Check UEFAs site. They've done away with away goals this season in all competitions so it doesn't count in a group tiebreaker. It's down to goal difference because our aggregated score with Vitesse was 3-3.

Can't accept that. The goal is all about his positioning rather than what side of the pitch he's on. Show the lad the line and leave him no room to turn back. Abysmal defending at any level. Beyond embarrassing at this level.

This. By the end of this season, it will have been five years at Spurs for the hapless, useless Davinson Sanchez - in all that time, I doubt he's improved his abysmal decision-making and in-game awareness one bit.

He's got one thing going for him, his speed. He gets bullied out of challenges, can't pass, and has the decision-making of a perpetually drunk meat plant worker who operates the chopping machine without gloves.

That he got sat on his a*se twice by a random Slovenian plumber is another wonderful highlight to his hapless Spurs career.

Not sure. What I will say is that Sanchez always gives 100% and a lot of the time he'll go full pelt with either a great challenge/tackle or selling himself the end result. Tonight it was the latter.

One huge problem with Sanchez is that he always looks so unconfident that it gives the opposition strikers hope.
Even controlling the ball under no pressure he looks so clumsy.

I’m guessing you’re a glass half-full sort? :D

The reality is that we were beaten by the lowest-ranked team in European group competition this year through a combination of arrogance, stupidity and laziness.

It really is as bad as it seems.

yes, but it is also rather arrogant, lazy and a bit stupid to not see beyond the scoreline in this one individual game. We lost, but the last goal is a direct consequence of us having to chase the game for 75 minutes, and 60 of them with 10 men.

This game could just as easily have fizzled out as a 1-1 draw, or with a fluke the other way as a victory, and the performance of the individual players would still not have been particularly different.
Some peoples perception of the performance, on the other hand…

Back