• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

You know he's calling Paratici every day.. "...and another CM Fabio, One new one won't be enough"

I cant believe Paratici would resist transfers. His role becomes a lot less interesting if we're not making signings.

We do desperately need another forward and (decent) midfielder though

Midfield and defense are the core areas we need to upgrade. But we also need another top class forward ideally. So one player needed in attack, midfield and defense.

1. Son, Kane, Lloris - elite level players who would get into top CL teams
  2. Royal, Moura, Hojbjerg, Romero, Sessengon, Le Celso, Ndomble, can all play at a top level if they settle/develop.
  3. Dier, Regulion, Alli, Doherty, Davies and Winks are decent squad players. Each can be good on their day, but they will never be elite - play consistently at a top level.
If we add one more CB who has passing ability and one more midfielder who can shimmy and make a pass, I would be happy. We have a lot of players who need to settle. Almost everyone after 3 managers in a couple of years. If we can also add a forward to cover and compliment Kane and Son, then we'll have done exceptionally well.

Maybe it is a little harsh on Dier (and Reggie) to include them in the won't ever be elite-level list. I certainly wouldn't want to sell Dier. The rest in that list I am sure we'd love to sell. Dier should probably go into the #2 group. Because he has developed and with a settled side he is a decent CB, who we need to keep for now. The more you play him the better he gets I think.

Midfield and defense are the core areas we need to upgrade. But we also need another top class forward ideally. So one player needed in attack, midfield and defense.

2. Royal, Moura, Hojbjerg, Romero, Sessengon, Le Celso, Ndomble, can all play at a top level if they settle/develop.
  3. Dier, Regulion, Alli, Doherty, Davies and Winks are decent squad players. Each can be good on their day, but they will never be elite - play consistently at a top level.
If we add one more CB who has passing ability and one more midfielder who can shimmy and make a pass, I would be happy. We have a lot of players who need to settle. Almost everyone after 3 managers in a couple of years. If we can also add a forward to cover and compliment Kane and Son, then we'll have done exceptionally well.

Maybe it is a little harsh on Dier (and Reggie) to include them in the won't ever be 'elite-level list. I certainly wouldn't want to sell Dier. The rest in that list I am sure we'd love to sell. Dier should probably go into the #2 group. Because he has developed and with a settled side he is a decent CB, who we need to keep for now. The more you play him the better he gets I think.

Sessegnon is never going to be good enough. Ndombele needs to be shipped out while we can still get something for him. Rodon too. Good thing Gollini is just on loan.

Alli, Winks, Doherty we should just give away.

Maybe it is a little harsh on Dier (and Reggie) to include them in the won't ever be elite-level list. I certainly wouldn't want to sell Dier. The rest in that list I am sure we'd love to sell. Dier should probably go into the #2 group. Because he has developed and with a settled side he is a decent CB, who we need to keep for now. The more you play him the better he gets I think.

Very optimistic!

Very optimistic!

idk maybe too harsh on Dier and Regulion. You wouldn’t sell either right now. We have decent players but not a balanced side. That lack of creativity from defence through midfield is stark. I hope Conte tries Moura and Sessengon as wingbacks, with Royal dropping into the 3 at the back. That would give us more creativity especially out wide which is so crucial in this setup.

Normally the space and opportunities fall to the wingbacks in this system - just look at Chelsea - and had Royal and Reggie been more ruthless in attack we’d have taken far more wins. Early days and both are good players. But for me you need people who will score and assist in those roles.

Midfield - it’s the Ndombele conundrum. With him we have creativity but you can’t rely on him. So it leaves us lacking massively.

CB - even with Royal playing as a CB, we need one more. Ideally a lefty who can pass well. Maybe someone a bit older.

Back