• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

So an issue between Betis and PSG then. Sell on clause is nothing to do with the buying club.

I expect we'll have suggested the initial loan with high fee to try and win Betis over with an apparent loophole enabling them to pocket more of the fee.
So, yes, it then boils down to the precise wording of the sell-on clause. And whether there's any precedents to invoke.

Should just get shot of him . Waste of money
If we can somehow find a club in Spain who would give us £20m for him then we need to do the deal. Or perhaps better still a club who would swap him in part payment for a player we want for our first team. Lo Celso is barely a good enough player to have at Spurs in the first place and that's before considering his awful injury record.

Look what Conte's done with Sessegnon in 2 weeks. Dier, Davies and Winks too. I wouldn't write anyone off yet who has struggled in the last two years (well, apart from Doherty).

Can't quite get my head around if GLC looks like a good fit for Conte or not.

Hard work, grift, intensity, that's a good start.

GLC is rather good at the direct atracking that Conte seems to want at least some of the time (when deeper). Move it quickly, with some risk, through lines of pressure, either through running with the ball or direct forward passing.

Thing is, that it's what GLC seems to do most of the time. Can he adjust to what Conte wants the rest of the time?

Harry Brooks (twitter, podcasts) repeatedly points to GLC as a "straight lines player". I understand that as not the best at playing at a range of angles, vision or technical ability to play "around corners". A good fit to Conte in some phases of play, but not so much in others would be my take on that.

Can GLC adjust to those other phases of play, or is his style of play more a result of his abilities and weaknesses on the ball making it harder to adjust?

We can still get atleast £25m for him from a Spanish team just off of his National team performances.

He is very one footed, may work in Spain like Lamela is showing at the moment .... please get rid.

It's less about the league and more about the system being played and the role the player has within that system.

We haven't even seen what role Conte wants to use Lo Celso in yet.

It's less about the league and more about the system being played and the role the player has within that system.

We haven't even seen what role Conte wants to use Lo Celso in yet.

His work on keeping the bench warm and visiting the physio room has been good during his time at spurs. It's time to cull the passengers.

His work on keeping the bench warm and visiting the physio room has been good during his time at spurs. It's time to cull the passengers.

There must be and will be a cull of some size. Best realistic scenario it happens over the next two windows. Come January if we're looking to sell (and I think we will be) decisions will have to be made based on limited knowledge of how players respond to Conte. I accept that, we have to make some decisions and risk losing players that could come good.

Then it's a question of which players we get good offers for.

Until a time when such an offer comes in GLC it's here and has the chance to prove himself. New manager, new system, there will be winners and losers within the squad, I'm not confident about predicting the outcome of that at this point.

Lo Celso has done well, not only in Spain and for Argentina, but in spells for us. He has clear quality, work rate, intensity. If his qualities are a good match for what Conte wants and needs in his system time will tell.

Graham Hunter said yesterday that Xavi is already having a massive positive impact on how Barca play.
Also that Xavi managed to get their *truly excellent* doctor back, after that doctor had a falling out with the big bosses.
And that could be huge for Barca because they desperately need to keep their star players fit as they are always injured now. I won't list them, but they are MANY.

Sounds like Spurs... if some of our players were fit and playing regularly it would be massive for them and the team.
Hopefully Conte getting his *truly excellent* doctor into Spurs can have a similar effect.

*Whatever his 'methods'

Graham Hunter said yesterday that Xavi is already having a massive positive impact on how Barca play.
Also that Xavi managed to get their *truly excellent* doctor back, after that doctor had a falling out with the big bosses.
And that could be huge for Barca because they desperately need to keep their star players fit as they are always injured now. I won't list them, but they are MANY.

Sounds like Spurs... if some of our players were fit and playing regularly it would be massive for them and the team.
Hopefully Conte getting his *truly excellent* doctor into Spurs can have a similar effect.

*Whatever his 'methods'
Sounds like we lack a good doctor

Back