• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

If Sess can't play because his body is broken (like it has been 90% of the time) all we have is Davies if we have a problem with Reggie on the left side. WB or FB.

Unless we play Doherty' :)
I expect somebody like Bergwjin would play there instead (and would be far more effective in the WB role that Conte uses). Davies will solely be a LCB in a back 3 I think (and is quite well suited to that role as he is reasonably mobile (for a CB) decent on the ball (for a CB) and adept at give and goes that will allow him to get up the pitch on the ball.

I expect somebody like Bergwjin would play there instead (and would be far more effective in the WB role that Conte uses). Davies will solely be a LCB in a back 3 I think (and is quite well suited to that role as he is reasonably mobile (for a CB) decent on the ball (for a CB) and adept at give and goes that will allow him to get up the pitch on the ball.

Its noticeable that Davies has turned up in opponents penalty box in open play a few times since Conte took over.

If Sess can't play because his body is broken (like it has been 90% of the time) all we have is Davies if we have a problem with Reggie on the left side. WB or FB.

Unless we play Doherty' :)
Thanks. The WB are largely attacking so I doubt Conte would play Davies there. I see what you mean.
Seems that in this 343 the WB are attackers and then central midfielders are more defensive.

Its noticeable that Davies has turned up in opponents penalty box in open play a few times since Conte took over.
With 3cbs and 2dms you should. I have always felf the players stopped taking risks. Maybe job insecurity? Whatever, glad that Conte fixed that in home game #1 and won. Players can't down tools to save their jobs now.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

With 3cbs and 2dms you should. I have always felf the players stopped taking risks. Maybe job insecurity? Whatever, glad that Conte fixed that in home game #1 and won. Players can't down tools to save their jobs now.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I agree players should always be prepared to get forward and create problems for opponents, and team mates must cover any gaps when required. Wins build confidence and players will hopefully play with greater freedom.

This guy needs to go. At least on loan, but better we sell. He was awful against Chelsea and now a Morecambe guy ditched him like a bad cough to score an easy goal.

We dont need him and Sanchez. Awful last week from him. GHod knows what he was thinking today. Mind you, Gollini wasnt much better

What on earth has happened to him?

Sent from my SM-A505G using Fapatalk
Right back at the start I said I didn't think he would make it for us as he isn't good enough on the ball to be a fullback and not physical enough to be a centre back. Conte's system with 3 at the back means our centre backs (especially the ones on the left and right) need to be both. That is really highlighting Tanganga's weaknesses even more I think.

I think he will leave the club in the summer (at the latest). He would probably work pretty well as a player for a lower PL team who want a back four to pretty much solely defend.

Right back at the start I said I didn't think he would make it for us as he isn't good enough on the ball to be a fullback and not physical enough to be a centre back. Conte's system with 3 at the back means our centre backs (especially the ones on the left and right) need to be both. That is really highlighting Tanganga's weaknesses even more I think.

The concerning thing for me is more that his errors for goals recently haven't had anything to do with suitability for a position. They've been basic errors which a defender shouldnt make

Agree with others that a loan, maybe to a championship team, would be best for him. Problem is that the championship is more physical so I'm not sure he's a back4 CB in the championship - need to find a team which plays a back 3

I still think there's a player in there. This looks typical 'difficult second season' syndrome. Good players reflect, adapt and ride this stage out. Hopefully he will

I also think it's particularly important, because after the Kane fiasco in the summer, I see Skipp and Tanganga as now carrying the flame of the soul of the club.

I still think there's a player in there. This looks typical 'difficult second season' syndrome. Good players reflect, adapt and ride this stage out. Hopefully he will

I also think it's particularly important, because after the Kane fiasco in the summer, I see Skipp and Tanganga as now carrying the flame of the soul of the club.
He needs games and experience
He needs a loan IMO

The concerning thing for me is more that his errors for goals recently haven't had anything to do with suitability for a position. They've been basic errors which a defender shouldnt make

Agree with others that a loan, maybe to a championship team, would be best for him. Problem is that the championship is more physical so I'm not sure he's a back4 CB in the championship - need to find a team which plays a back 3
Chris wilder would teach him how to play in a 3 and pass

I definitely thought he looked to have heaps of potential when he broke into the first team at 20. Since then he's played no regular football for 2 years, and when he does play he's regularly having to do so in different positions.

Give him a Championship loan at centre back for a year, and let's see where he is at that point.

Back