• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Mighty Spurs vs (don't do a) Leeds United ***

I understand being unhappy with the display but that booing is wrong, how many people perform well at work or school if they are slagged off? Read all this stuff about the wall of sound but let's hear it when the team need it.

I agree, it was completely unnecessary, but i don't think Conte needs to improve us much for that to stop. I think it tied in with the whole no shots ok target for so and so long - so kind of remnants or leftovers of the Nuno regime.

Kelvin Philips playing as the deep lying playmaker for us would be a great move IMO

He was really good yesterday, and has always been. We went
Totally agree. I did not expect free flowing glorious attacking football after 2 weeks, but that 1st half was so bad it was scary! Imo only 1 of Højbjerg and Skipp can play. Not both at the same time, unless to shore up, and Winks should never play. We need Ndombele in that midfield, and I'd rather play 3-5-2, as that gives more options. I think we'll play that eventually, but I understand why he goes with the 3-4-3 now, as it is easier to coach. It's basically just keep shape and run. The individual tasks are quite easy. 3-5-2 is a bit more intricate imo.

Tanguy in that midfield first-half could well have seen us 2 or 3 down. He is brilliant but will need to mentally alter his game to suit Conte; melding his mercurial talents with Conte's structural demands would see a world class player. Here's hoping.

He was really good yesterday, and has always been. We went

Tanguy in that midfield first-half could well have seen us 2 or 3 down. He is brilliant but will need to mentally alter his game to suit Conte; melding his mercurial talents with Conte's structural demands would see a world class player. Here's hoping.
I think Leeds are in real danger of going down
Norwich are deffo down
There are two players at those clubs in Philips and Aaron’s who IMO would be electric for us under conte and both would leave if their clubs went down now

Norwich are deffo down
There are two players at those clubs in Philips and Aaron’s who IMO would be electric for us under conte and both would leave if their clubs went down now
Phillips is way more likely to go to Man U. They need someone like him, he is a northern lad and whilst they were linked with Rice this guy is every bit as good for half the price. And would very much be a Poch player….

Phillips is way more likely to go to Man U. They need someone like him, he is a northern lad and whilst they were linked with Rice this guy is every bit as good for half the price. And would very much be a Poch player….
Leeds players don’t generally go to United
There is a perceived rivalry there
And united would rather buy a name player as they always do
We have wanted Philips for some time including when they were in the championship

We have wanted Philips for some time including when they were in the championship
They do go there when they are good enough - From Cantona to Allan Smith to Ferdinand. Leeds have been a poor team in recent years, Man U wouldn’t have wanted any of their players. Whilst not at a fashionable club, Phillips is a name - he is Englands player of the year and practically any team in the league would take him. I’d be shocked if a club with bigger pockets than ours didn’t come in for him was he in the least bit available….

They do go there when they are good enough - From Cantona to Allan Smith to Ferdinand. Leeds have been a poor team in recent years, Man U wouldn’t have wanted any of their players. Whilst not at a fashionable club, Phillips is a name - he is Englands player of the year and practically any team in the league would take him. I’d be shocked if a club with bigger pockets than ours didn’t come in for him was he in the least bit available….

Jordan, McQueen, Greenhoff in the '70s...that conveyer belt is, indeed, long.

I think you will be getting a letter from Phillips solicitor re deformation of character with the every bit as good quote. Rice would be a good recruit for our outside stadium staff as he is very good at pointing.

Nonsense, Phillips is a big name and a big international star for a big international team, playing in serious finals.
When United bought Phil Jones and Chris Smalling I'd hardly heard of them.
Yeah since then how many players like that have they brought?
Abs they paid a LOT of money for those two

Yeah since then how many players like that have they brought?
Abs they paid a LOT of money for those two
Not sure if you mean money or reputation, but how about Diallo, Telles, Pellistri, James, Ighalo, Dalot, Grant, Lindelof, Bailly, Schneiderlin, Depay, Darmian, Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, Blind, Milinkovic Savic, Fellaini, Kagawa, Zaha, Powell, Henriquez, Buttner.

Not sure if you mean money or reputation, but how about Diallo, Telles, Pellistri, James, Ighalo, Dalot, Grant, Lindelof, Bailly, Schneiderlin, Depay, Darmian, Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, Blind, Milinkovic Savic, Fellaini, Kagawa, Zaha, Powell, Henriquez, Buttner.
Can5 comment on Pellistri as I’ve never heard of him
Shaw would fit in the bracket you mentioned but had 2 seasons in the prem already I believe
Beyond that the only random youngster was Powell IMO
The rest as you list them are all foreign players which is exactly how they operate at United now…. A kinda scatter gun approach or a big name. Nothing that addresses their issues enough

Can5 comment on Pellistri as I’ve never heard of him
Shaw would fit in the bracket you mentioned but had 2 seasons in the prem already I believe
Beyond that the only random youngster was Powell IMO
The rest as you list them are all foreign players which is exactly how they operate at United now…. A kinda scatter gun approach or a big name. Nothing that addresses their issues enough
You said United "would rather buy a name player as they always do" but Kalvin Phillips is a bigger name than all those guys. He stars for England and just played in the Final of the Euros

You said United "would rather buy a name player as they always do" but Kalvin Phillips is a bigger name than all those guys. He stars for England and just played in the Final of the Euros
Your forgetting the name players they sign that actually play… their squad is full of them

Unfortunately we have never really been in for him. The time to get him was 3 years ago when it was obvious how good he was due to the way he could stand out in the Championship despite his age. Now there will be a battle for him by Man Utd, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project and perhaps also Chelsea (as there will be for Rice as well I imagine).

I expect Phillips will cost upwards of £60m now.

Unfortunately we have never really been in for him. The time to get him was 3 years ago when it was obvious how good he was due to the way he could stand out in the Championship despite his age. Now there will be a battle for him by Man Utd, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project and perhaps also Chelsea (as there will be for Rice as well I imagine).

I expect Phillips will cost upwards of £60m now.
So the kind of money we paid for Tanguy
Players will want to play for conte
But I do agree we won’t go in for him as we will look elsewhere

Norwich are deffo down
Picking up Cantwell from Norwich on a free would be sensible for our association trained quota . We could then ship out Winks and make a surplus on the transfer fee as well.

Back