• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

With the amount of running the wing backs are asked to do I think Sess for Reggie could be a regular substitution, or vice versa. So hoping we would still get to see a fair bit of Sess even without EL football.
Good shout. Subbing the WBs is a feature of Conte teams....as he runs them into the ground.

And I feel no drop off when Sess comes on for Reggie and visa versa.

With the amount of running the wing backs are asked to do I think Sess for Reggie could be a regular substitution, or vice versa. So hoping we would still get to see a fair bit of Sess even without EL football.
Also means we might see more of Doherty too though…

Screen-Shot-2020-08-30-at-12.20.49-5f27.png

Sure I’m in the tiny majority but I’d like to see Doherty in this formation with Kane and Son bang out of form we need goals and he does score them and knows how to get into position. He’s never played for us in his favoured position. Hope he starts on Thursday. If goals need to be provided from full backs in a Conte team then he offers more than anyone else in that position.

Sure I’m in the tiny majority but I’d like to see Doherty in this formation with Kane and Son bang out of form we need goals and he does score them and knows how to get into position. He’s never played for us in his favoured position. Hope he starts on Thursday. If goals need to be provided from full backs in a Conte team then he offers more than anyone else in that position.
He's being playing that position for Ireland and playing well. Would like to see him play on Thursday and at least get some time towards the end of league games to see if he can provide more from RWB than we are currently getting.

Hopefully Tanganga, Bergwijn or Moura. We want someone who can actually control and pass a ball

Erm...

EDIT: I do love Moura and his mazy runs that break the lines but passing and controlling the ball are probably right at the very bottom of his attributes

Erm...

EDIT: I do love Moura and his mazy runs that break the lines but passing and controlling the ball are probably right at the very bottom of his attributes
Think people are overly harsh on Moura because he loses the ball more but that’s because he takes more risks and is the only one who really breaks the lines. His control is pretty good otherwise he wouldn’t be able to dribble out of tight situations like he does - yes he loses it sometimes but that’s a risk reward thing. His passing isn’t bad, as an example see the chance he created for Kane right at the start of the second half that was a great pass….

Hearing from Conte about Sessegnon really gives me hope that this could be the right man at just the critical juncture to make Ryan a successfor Spurs rather than another promising signing who never did it for us and ended up being shifted on at a loss.

"Ryan has great potential, I have seen in the past he suffered a lot of injuries. Now we are trying to work in the right way with him. It is very important with this player to push the engine at a high level and have a good training session, then you are trained to do a high-intensity performance in the game. Now he's ready to start the game. I can't wait to see his performance because he is a talented player with space for improvement."

Hearing from Conte about Sessegnon really gives me hope that this could be the right man at just the critical juncture to make Ryan a successfor Spurs rather than another promising signing who never did it for us and ended up being shifted on at a loss.

"Ryan has great potential, I have seen in the past he suffered a lot of injuries. Now we are trying to work in the right way with him. It is very important with this player to push the engine at a high level and have a good training session, then you are trained to do a high-intensity performance in the game. Now he's ready to start the game. I can't wait to see his performance because he is a talented player with space for improvement."

Hearing that from Conte is just great because we've got someone that actually cares about physical conditioning again, in contrast to the last two years.

In Pochs last season the physical condition of the players had already started to slip. They weren't pressing or running as much even before the CL final

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

In Pochs last season the physical condition of the players had already started to slip. They weren't pressing or running as much even before the CL final

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
They were knackered.... Comes from having a small squad with no freshening up of it and playing many games in a season against high level opposition due to being (comparatively) successful

They were knackered.... Comes from having a small squad with no freshening up of it and playing many games in a season against high level opposition due to being (comparatively) successful

Exactly. They've had the two extremes - exhaustion, followed by two years of 'here's a David Lloyd card, if you fancy it'.

Erm...

You are joking. Moura is IMHO the best dribbler (perhaps Bergwijn shades him) amongst our current forwards. Wrt passing, he was key in our breaking Leeds apart in the previous game. You might argue he takes unnecessary risks with the ball but in no way does he have poor passing and control.

Current forwards are Kane, Scarlett, Son, Moura, Bergwijn, Clarke.

Doherty has never played RWB for Spurs? I don't agree with that. Is this true? There is a reason why Mourinho, Nuno and now Conte didn't make him first choice.

Back