• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I thought Kane put in quite a shift yesterday, worked very hard. I skimmed through some of the match thread on the way home and was a little surprised at some of the comments in his direction.
Still not back to what we expect from him and yes, he was dropping deep a lot of the time (don't think I'll ever tire of watching him turn his way out of an attempted tackle and come away with the ball at his feet) - but given what we know of Conte - each player having a precise role to play - it must have been by design, design borne of necessity at the moment, unfortunately.

Thought he was awful in the first half but more like himself in the second. Put himself about more and lets hope he can get back to what he does best. BUT PLEASE NO MORE FREE KICKS.

Thing I notice now is that it takes him an age to sort his feet out/select a shot.

Might be to do with not trusting his body, when you've got dodgy ankles everything has to be a little more calculated. You bear weight slightly wrongly and you're fudged. You don't even realise you're doing it in real time either.

Thing I notice now is that it takes him an age to sort his feet out/select a shot.

Might be to do with not trusting his body, when you've got dodgy ankles everything has to be a little more calculated. You bear weight slightly wrongly and you're fudged. You don't even realise you're doing it in real time either.
Think a lot of it is the passes to him aren’t great. He makes them look better by his control

Think it's more to do with confidence and taking a little longer to get his shot off as a result. Last year he wouldn't have thought about it and just hit it, now he's taking that bit longer.

Don’t know why the guy feels he is De Bryune, Yesterday rather than pass it off for a quick counter he tried to dribble past 3 players then win a free kick. tinkles me off when he tries to win freekicks and slow the game down when a simple pass would see us hit them on a quick break with an extra man over.

For a very long time he's been one to take a split second before releasing the shot. He gets himself balanced, set, ready to unleash. May be that he's taking a bit longer now than before, I think it's mostly a feature and far from a bug.

When the ball goes flying on it doesn't get much attention, certainly not seen as a problem.

Goals will start flying in very soon.

Doesn't every player go through a spell like this sooner or later in their career? At the end of the day Kane is only human, just like the rest of us.

He is obviously struggling to regain his touch, but his record surely demands that we cut him some slack whilst he works his way through it. Pretty certain he will come good again over time.

Don’t know why the guy feels he is De Bryune, Yesterday rather than pass it off for a quick counter he tried to dribble past 3 players then win a free kick. tinkles me off when he tries to win freekicks and slow the game down when a simple pass would see us hit them on a quick break with an extra man over.

Yep, this and his predictable attempts to shoot from impossible positions.

He had arguably his best season last season but we were brick overall, we need him in the box as a goalscorer not a creator as time and time again he picks it up deep pings a ball out wide and then there is no one in the box for the cross. Last season he had Son in red hot form which helped but when Son is going through his seasonal slow patch we need someone in the box to attack the ball.

Having a Kane between defenders in the box making them think is dangerous, having him at the half way line falling over to get freekicks, trying to take players on and trying fancy passes isn’t.

Thought this was an issue yesterday too. Even though he "won" the duel by winning a free kick or eventually getting away from the opponent it seemed like Leeds got the better of the duel overall by slowing us down.

Part of what went wrong in the first half was that all of our front players were guilty of that when we pinged the ball forward. Spacing, movement and decision making looked off.

Better in the second half and I think it will continue to improve as the players adjust to what Conte wants.

I think we should sell him and look for a younger replacement and count on Son to tide us over the transition. I've never felt more confident for para-Conte to make good use of the funds raised to continue the overhaul.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I think we should sell him and look for a younger replacement and count on Son to tide us over the transition. I've never felt more confident for para-Conte to make good use of the funds raised to continue the overhaul.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Dont think we can make that decision til the summer, and he might want to wait til then to make it too

There's a scenario whereby, because we have a few winnable games coming up and the commitment to Conte to spent (presumably in January if possible), that we're either 4th or not far off 4th going into January and we then sign a couple players in key positions (e.g. a CM and another CF). If that happens then we have a realistic chance of making 4th and Conte will proably want Kane to stay and vice-versa

Thought this was an issue yesterday too. Even though he "won" the duel by winning a free kick or eventually getting away from the opponent it seemed like Leeds got the better of the duel overall by slowing us down.

Part of what went wrong in the first half was that all of our front players were guilty of that when we pinged the ball forward. Spacing, movement and decision making looked off.

Better in the second half and I think it will continue to improve as the players adjust to what Conte wants.
In the first half Spurs were too deep so we didn't really have much in the way of options when the ball did find its way up to Kane.

In the second half the fullbacks got a lot higher which gave more passing options for our attacks.

I don’t think he is the answer to Contes tactics. Looking at how he used Lukaku at Inter, he wants a striker to bully the defence, knock down headers into the right spaces to start a move. Kane gets bullied and falling down wanting a freekick everytime he gets touched is just going to slow / kill the move. You see it week in and week out now, he ignores the blatant pass because he expecting to get fouled. I assume he thinks if he becomes the most fouled player in the league City will come knocking like they did with Grealish.

I don’t think he is the answer to Contes tactics. Looking at how he used Lukaku at Inter, he wants a striker to bully the defence, knock down headers into the right spaces to start a move. Kane gets bullied and falling down wanting a freekick everytime he gets touched is just going to slow / kill the move. You see it week in and week out now, he ignores the blatant pass because he expecting to get fouled. I assume he thinks if he becomes the most fouled player in the league City will come knocking like they did with Grealish.

I think until conte can get some new blood in, its time to go 3-4-1-2 so we can play Kane and Son up front together. We know how good together they can be and are basically the only good thing going for us until we invest in the market.

Also lucas is always going to flatter to deceive more often than not, so no loss leaving him out. PEH and Skipp can be the two and fat boy or glc the playmaker in front them, feeding balls for the strikers or out to the wingbacks when they are in advanced positions.

The only drawback is that fat boy and glc are both a disgrace to date, but who knows maybe playing consistently in that team and that system might see them perform a bit?

Back