• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Yeah I think that's true and he's done an unbelievable job there.

Only thing I'd say is that he comes across as a fantastic fella when they're winning. But he's an odious clam when they lose. Proper nasty. Worse than Jose in my book.

I know you need a bit of that to be successful but Klopp goes too far at times in my view.

Hate to say it, but most if not all top managers, from Clough, Ferguson, Mourinho, Klopp etc are charming when they win, but the biggest sore losers ever ... they hurt and are nasty when they lose ... but its a trait in all managers that I have seen win considerable titles. Nice guys in this game rarely are successful.

Reactions: DTA
Hear del piero visited the training ground today to see conte. He was also on sky sports news saying he's just starting his coaching badges. Be nice if we could get him to stick around and do them with us. Although juve will probably have a role for him.

Its good now the Internationals are over for a long time. We will not get a chance for Conte to really work with the players and implement his ideas. But also for him to work out who he wants to keep, move on and the ones he thinks he can elevate to a higher level.

I think this is the first time in a while I have seen one of our managers actually change things up enough at half time for it to have an impact. So that gives me hope. He has a lot more flexibility than some and does what is needed to make it work for the game if he has to.

Its good now the Internationals are over for a long time. We will not get a chance for Conte to really work with the players and implement his ideas. But also for him to work out who he wants to keep, move on and the ones he thinks he can elevate to a higher level.

I think this is the first time in a while I have seen one of our managers actually change things up enough at half time for it to have an impact. So that gives me hope. He has a lot more flexibility than some and does what is needed to make it work for the game if he has to.

Is there a 2 week break this winter? Or is that out of the window with covid and the wc next year?

FE43eEZXEBETtXa

If only we'd brought him in over the summer.....
In the summer the only managers who’d be stupid / desperate enough to want to work for Levy / Spurs were Martinez and Southgate though weren’t they?

We just weren’t an attractive proposition, Villa and Leicester had overtaken us with much better owners who back their managers (oops).

The Conte and Poch rumors were just to sell season tickets?!

;)just teasing, a lot of crap was said and assumed as gospel over the summer and now I’m sure we’re all delighted with direction we appear to be going in no matter how we got there. Jan should be interesting, hopefully Paratici’s got his little black book out.

I see we out ran Bielsa's Leeds yesterday. Heck, in the second half alone we out ran Leeds by 3.7km. This a massive change considering prior to Conte's arrival we were 19th in the league with regards to distance covered. I guess this is the Conte effect
I think these stats can be a bit misleading. One of the reasons we didn't run more under Nuno also has to be our style of play, so the Conte effect is really that his style of play requires more running by its very nature.

Back