• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

Hopefully Robbie Keane is correct, as cannot see why Pochettino would swap working with Messi for Maguire!

Plus MAnUre fans expectations are just as lofty as PSG’s and those that I know want Zidane, as apparently him + Ronaldo will win them the CL o_O

I can see why he’d want it. United are a bigger club than PSG, they’ll back him with time and money, he’ll be closer to his family, he won’t be battered by media and fans every time he doesn’t win by 2 or 3 goals.

There’s a strong argument for staying in Paris too but looks like he’s clearly unhappy with some aspects of that job. He did hitch his skirt for us a bit and seems to be doing likewise for United.

Be interesting to see if they can get him out of Paris given that we tried and failed in the summer. Then again, a lot changes in 5 months. Look at Conte.

I can see why he’d want it. United are a bigger club than PSG, they’ll back him with time and money, he’ll be closer to his family, he won’t be battered by media and fans every time he doesn’t win by 2 or 3 goals.

There’s a strong argument for staying in Paris too but looks like he’s clearly unhappy with some aspects of that job. He did hitch his skirt for us a bit and seems to be doing likewise for United.

Be interesting to see if they can get him out of Paris given that we tried and failed in the summer. Then again, a lot changes in 5 months. Look at Conte.

If he is not happy managing Messi, Neymar and Mybaby that should tell you all you need to know about his capabilities as a manager.

ManUre have the history but PSG can offer better wages nowadays plus Pochettino played for PSG so must have some emotional attachment to them and he certainly does to Messi.

Commuting from Paris to London by train takes about the same time as Manchester to London, so he won’t get much more time with his family switching to ManUre either.

ManURe fans expected the signing of Ronaldo and Sancho to turn them into contenders for EPL + CL this season, so whilst he won’t be expected to win every game by 3 goals Pochettino will still be deemed a failure by them if he doesn’t deliver silverware this season.

The only thing I can see which really might tempt him is if Ferguson treats him to another dinner to butter him up, although Poch must realise that Fergie won’t allow him the autonomy he had at Spurs.

If he is not happy managing Messi, Neymar and Mybaby that should tell you all you need to know about his capabilities as a manager.

Not sure that's fair. Football management isn't as easy as just getting the best players and off you go. Anyway, sounds like the players aren't his issue - the results have been pretty good. It seems to be his relationship with Leonardo. At least that's what all the noises have been since he got there.

There's seldom balance in these arguments though. Someone above posted that he'd be swapping Messi for Maguire so why would he take it. Not really, he'd be swapping Messi, Neymar and Mbappe for Ronaldo, Rashford and Cavani. The Man U front line obviously isn't as strong as PSG but it's still pretty good. Think his issue would be more getting Ronaldo and Cavani to buy into his style. He could probably work with Rashford, Greenwood and Martial. Then again, can't imagine the front 3 at PSG will bust a nut pressing either.

ManUre have the history but PSG can offer better wages nowadays plus Pochettino played for PSG so must have some emotional attachment to them and he certainly does to Messi.

Commuting from Paris to London by train takes about the same time as Manchester to London, so he won’t get much more time with his family switching to ManUre either.

ManURe fans expected the signing of Ronaldo and Sancho to turn them into contenders for EPL + CL this season, so whilst he won’t be expected to win every game by 3 goals Pochettino will still be deemed a failure by them if he doesn’t deliver silverware this season.

The only thing I can see which really might tempt him is if Ferguson treats him to another dinner to butter him up, although Poch must realise that Fergie won’t allow him the autonomy he had at Spurs.

There are arguments against United but there are arguments for it as well particularly if he gets more control at the club than he obviously has at PSG. I wouldn't rule it out.

I get the pull of the premier league may be hard to resist but he’s got a great chance of winning the CL this season so i think it would be silly to swap that for United. Yes you have to take these jobs when they are available and they will give him money to spend but it’s not like there won’t be other top jobs available in the next 1-2 years. The United job will probably be available again next summer when the new manager flops :D

If he goes there he goes there I'm really not bothered one bit
He is a wonderful person who made me proud and really love Spurs again but that's in the past now
We have an amazing manager in Conte who I feel will do the same as Poch did

Yep. Let’s not forget we sacked him. We have no right to expect any loyalty from him. The only club I’d be angry about him going to is Arsenal.

Would be interesting if he did go to Utd.

He would get a lot of out certain players in their squad, Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford and anyone remotely "young" and willing to put the effort in on the training pitch.

Plenty of egos though, could see another Adebayor/Kaboul/Capoue type issue in that dressing room before he gets a song out of them.

Last edited:

He would get a lot of out certain players in their squad, Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford and anyone remotely "young" and willing to put the effort in on the training pitch.

Plenty of egos though, could see another Adebayor/Kaboul/Capoue type issue in that dressing room before he gets a song out of them.

One of the main problems with that club us that they're more interested in marketing deals and share value than winning football matches and I can't see them agreeing to ship out some high profile players just because the manager doesn't want them around.

One of the main problems with that club us that they're more interested in marketing deals and share value than winning football matches and I can't see them agreeing to ship out some high profile players just because the manager doesn't want them around.

Completely agree, that's where you get the most out of Poch and I think a lot of their squad will do well under him (if he ends up at Utd).

Big questin mark over greenwood for me. Not playing for england.

If he goes there he goes there I'm really not bothered one bit
He is a wonderful person who made me proud and really love Spurs again but that's in the past now
We have an amazing manager in Conte who I feel will do the same as Poch did

Totally agree.

My personal love for the man has been noticed in these parts, but you have summed it up.

Well said.

If he does go to United it shows you how interested he really was about coming back in the summer.

I never took it seriously, more hopefully, and if I am honest, it would've been the wrong move.

We blew it big-time with him two years ago. The seal was broken for the foreseeable future. One day? Maybe down the line? Perhaps. But so soon after we (let's face it, rudely) sacked him? Nah.

I think this would be a great job for him. Not for us because he'd do well, but given we have a manager who is superb, the challenge would be fun and keep us all honest.

Back