• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Mighty Spurs vs (don't do a) Leeds United ***

Definitely.
Also I think Meslier looks promising. Worth keeping an eye on him for future reference.

looked very confident and commanding, admittedly never seen him before and it was only 1 game but ..

Meslier will take over from Hugo for France. Whether that could happen at Spurs is another matter but it would be a good call. "Confident and commanding" he definitely is.

Shearer was discussing the Spurs win and believes Conte will have us challenging top four and the Spurs board board reinforcements. He was hugely impressed with Conte's changes for the 2nd half and how he is trying to get the winning mentality and competitive intensity to the players and fans in the stadium.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Three points is most important .plenty of work to be done. Our midfield is a particular concern. Need reinforcement in Jan in that area.
Totally agree. I did not expect free flowing glorious attacking football after 2 weeks, but that 1st half was so bad it was scary! Imo only 1 of Højbjerg and Skipp can play. Not both at the same time, unless to shore up, and Winks should never play. We need Ndombele in that midfield, and I'd rather play 3-5-2, as that gives more options. I think we'll play that eventually, but I understand why he goes with the 3-4-3 now, as it is easier to coach. It's basically just keep shape and run. The individual tasks are quite easy. 3-5-2 is a bit more intricate imo.

Totally agree. I did not expect free flowing glorious attacking football after 2 weeks, but that 1st half was so bad it was scary! Imo only 1 of Højbjerg and Skipp can play. Not both at the same time, unless to shore up, and Winks should never play. We need Ndombele in that midfield, and I'd rather play 3-5-2, as that gives more options. I think we'll play that eventually, but I understand why he goes with the 3-4-3 now, as it is easier to coach. It's basically just keep shape and run. The individual tasks are quite easy. 3-5-2 is a bit more intricate imo.

We need a Ndombele who will finally step up and listen to a manager.

Maybe Conte will be that man.

First half was fairly poor. Could see what we were trying to do, but so could Leeds and they dealt with it fairly comfortably. Front three, wing backs, got very little really right.

Much better second half. Credit to Conte and the players for seeing the change and making it happen. At the same time, let's not get carried away, Leeds missing several key players, out of form and running out of steam in the second half.

Love to see us changing a game that much without changing any players. Shows clear potential for further development, more about getting the right out of the players rather than everyone not being good enough in various ways.

Goals will come for Kane now.

I was also impressed with Gelhardt for Leeds, only 19 i think, but thought he did very well, a couple of decent efforts on target. I do like Leeds (i have probably been brain washed by the media hype with Bielsa) but can appreciate them having a go and knowing the way they want to play.

I was also impressed with Gelhardt for Leeds, only 19 i think, but thought he did very well, a couple of decent efforts on target. I do like Leeds (i have probably been brain washed by the media hype with Bielsa) but can appreciate them having a go and knowing the way they want to play.
There better than the sum of their parts
The way they play is so we’ll drilled it gets more out of them
And then they do have some quality players too

What a player Calvin Phillips is would love him at Spurs. There I've said it.

Wouldn't we all. Although we might need to get his name right on the contract (Calvin's bad enough but Kelvin? ;))

I think he'll stay loyal to Leeds (Granny Val would turn in her grave if he left) but if Leeds get relegated there's some rich pickings to be had there. It's not like we haven't done it before, Robbie Keane, Paul Robinson, Aaron Lennon, Danny Rose etc.

That said, if we got the likes of Phillips, Meslier and or Raphinha I think I might be sleeping in the garden for a while :oops:

Last edited:
Back