• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Just having that mini-volcano of passion on the touchline is now going to inspire more vocal support from fans and boost the team's mentality.
Seems so simple.

That moment in the second half where he gesticulated to the crowd and the stadium roared...the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I loved it.

We'll see how often that can be repeated when the team is playing in an insipid manner, but for now it was a hopeful sign of the way things could be.

Just having that mini-volcano of passion on the touchline is now going to inspire more vocal support from fans and boost the team's mentality.
Seems so simple.

That moment in the second half where he gesticulated to the crowd and the stadium roared...the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I loved it.

We'll see how often that can be repeated when the team is playing in an insipid manner, but for now it was a hopeful sign of the way things could be.

I remember so many on here being dismissive of Klopp when he was doing that.

I like it but would also like to see him go after refs. Personally I would be happy for him to rip a refs eyes out and tinkle on them.

I remember so many on here being dismissive of Klopp when he was doing that.

I like it but would also like to see him go after refs. Personally I would be happy for him to rip a refs eyes out and tinkle on them.

I suppose it'll depend on how often it is done and whether it comes across as a bit of artifice, a gimmick, or if it seems sincere.

Of course, if the crowd starts to believe a bit more easily, and is naturally more vocal, Conte would not being doing it as much.

Passion and energy, demanding the same from the players, great to see.

Ability to change how we play with very limited time on the training ground. Ability to change things at half time even without making subs. Fantastic to see.

Undefeated. Lovely.

Can't wait to see what Conte can do with this bunch given a couple of months to work with them.

Reactions: DTA
But yesterday out ran Bielsa's Leeds, now that is the Conte effect. Heck, in the second half alone we out ran Leeds by 3.7km. This a massive change considering prior to Conte's arrival we were 19th in the league with regards to distance covered. I guess this is the Conte effect

We only outran them in the second half i believe. Danny murphy mentioned it this morning. They outran us the first half.

Strange that we seemed to expend unnecessary energy chasing the ball while being dreadful, when stepping up 20 yards and pressing would have given us an attacking threat, tempered their's and probably not expended much more energy?
I think first half it was a tactical call to sit off and changed second half to win the game
It worked
It may seem odd but conte knows the players fitness levels and what to do with them

Klopp is the sort of person you hate, but love if he was your manager ... there I said it. kill me.

Yeah I think that's true and he's done an unbelievable job there.

Only thing I'd say is that he comes across as a fantastic fella when they're winning. But he's an odious clam when they lose. Proper nasty. Worse than Jose in my book.

I know you need a bit of that to be successful but Klopp goes too far at times in my view.

I think first half it was a tactical call to sit off and changed second half to win the game
It worked
It may seem odd but conte knows the players fitness levels and what to do with them

My thoughts as well, he has to be sure that he has all our players 100% fit enough to play his game for 90 mins and i think some are not at that level yet.

It worked
Yeah that is my thinking with the first half but the stats suggest we still worked very hard for 0-1.
Like you say Conte has the data and is a master at using it properly.

Back