• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

“In my football I have an idea and in the idea there are tasks for the players. Every single player has to know what he has to do. Otherwise if every single player has to go and run around the pitch I think it would be a mess.”
0_GettyImages-1211868292.jpg

So he says that on Thurs he had a few internationals
Friday he had all the internationals (except injuries)
Saturday likewise
Sunday the game is at the end of the day
So 2 or 3 days to fine tune systems and ideas and where to be and where to move and watch videos and get the team ready to face Dirty Leeds.

I think modern football has reached the stage of over tactical coaching, many players cant or dont think for themselves and follow rigid systems. Im sure Greavsie, Blanchflower, Best, Moore or Charlton idnt have to be shown crayon drawings during breaks in play.

I think modern football has reached the stage of over tactical coaching, many players cant or dont think for themselves and follow rigid systems. Im sure Greavsie, Blanchflower, Best, Moore or Charlton idnt have to be shown crayon drawings during breaks in play.

I posted a doc in the greaves thread. Bill and alf hated that greaves would do his own thing or wouldn't help out defensively.

Good watch but sad.

I posted a doc in the greaves thread. Bill and alf hated that greaves would do his own thing or wouldn't help out defensively.

Good watch but sad.

There's a big difference with expecting a player to do certain things to help the team and the robotic systems we see today. Bill Nick always critical of players but wanted style and entertainment, Ramsey was the architect of the efficient hard working system which relied heavily on Bobby Charlton and Jim was too much of a maverick for him, that's why he liked Roger Hunt.

Love that Conte has got well acquainted enough with the players that he calls Winks ‘Winky’ and Hojberg ‘Hobby’:D….
Maybe it is that Italian tendency to add a vowel to every single word, so it trips off his tongue to say Winki and Hobbi with an i

Back