• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Happy to see him having a pretty decent season so far (and Sanchez tbh) - was certainly a lightening rod for criticism under Mourinho.

Should be our capt (imo)

Think it’s way too early for that personally. I’d like to see him perform consistently over the course of at least one season before we think about making him captain. He was excellent yesterday though.

I know he’s not been as good this season, but I’d make Hojbjerg captain.

Was good defensively, but let's remember who Leeds were missing. We'll face better players in the vast majority of the game.

Thought he was part of the problem on the ball in the first half, but became part of the solution on the second half so that's good to see. Still some steps he needs to take, but playing centrally in a three rather than on the left of a two should make it easier for him I hope.

Needs to show consistency more than anything. We know he's good on his day.

Was good defensively, but let's remember who Leeds were missing. We'll face better players in the vast majority of the game.

Thought he was part of the problem on the ball in the first half, but became part of the solution on the second half so that's good to see. Still some steps he needs to take, but playing centrally in a three rather than on the left of a two should make it easier for him I hope.

Needs to show consistency more than anything. We know he's good on his day.

He's been part of at least 5 clean sheets under two diff managers and systems with little consistency around him. He remains sorely underrated.

He's been part of at least 5 clean sheets under two diff managers and systems with little consistency around him. He remains sorely underrated.

Is turning it around, but let's be honest some criticism has been warranted. Glad to see any spurs player put in a good performance. Hopefully, the concentration level and positional play can be coached into him as he has all of the physical attributes to be a very decent player.

I think that this is a system that may particularly suit him though. His range of passing on Sunday was the best that we have seen in years.

It was excellent wasn't it. He is so strong on the ball. I also like seeing him on free-kicks!

It was excellent wasn't it. He is so strong on the ball. I also like seeing him on free-kicks!

I've always liked his free kicks, I remember him scoring a cracker for England against Russia. I think that his passing range is better from a central position rather than LCB, he can see more of the pitch from there and has a little more time on the ball from a deeper position.

He did well against Leeds and even joined in the attack a la Romero-esque, but I still have my doubts about him.

I still think our midfield is too low and therefore our CBs are getting more protection than usual... At the expense of midfield supporting the attack more.

teams like Liverpool have cbs supporting attack at the halfway line, which is where I believe we need to be. Perhaps Romero will rub off on him more and of course its up to him to learn to be a better player.

Hopefully we can achieve the high standards that we saw with Verts and toby, the best Spurs defensive pairing ever in my view.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

He did well against Leeds and even joined in the attack a la Romero-esque, but I still have my doubts about him.

I still think our midfield is too low and therefore our CBs are getting more protection than usual... At the expense of midfield supporting the attack more.

teams like Liverpool have cbs supporting attack at the halfway line, which is where I believe we need to be. Perhaps Romero will rub off on him more and of course its up to him to learn to be a better player.

Hopefully we can achieve the high standards that we saw with Verts and toby, the best Spurs defensive pairing ever in my view.

But that is because Liverpool play a high-press game. If we do that, then by default he'll be higher up the pitch. The whole team will be! Once Conte feels we are ready for a creative passer in his system, then you will likely see a change in formation. As for Romero 'rubbing off' on Dier, I'd say the latter has helped teach the former how to stay on the pitch in the Prem. As for his carrying the ball being 'Romeroesque', mate, come on, he's shown that ability often in his earlier years here...

But that is because Liverpool play a high-press game. If we do that, then by default he'll be higher up the pitch. The whole team will be! Once Conte feels we are ready for a creative passer in his system, then you will likely see a change in formation. As for Romero 'rubbing off' on Dier, I'd say the latter has helped teach the former how to stay on the pitch in the Prem. As for his carrying the ball being 'Romeroesque', mate, come on, he's shown that ability often in his earlier years here...

His forward passing and carrying the ball forward used to be his main attribute in his earlier years, glad to see him get some confidence and try the things that he is good at.

I am still hoping that he can be coached in positional awareness and decision-making. Any way its the right start under Conte, lets keep our fingers crossed that he can keep up his recent trajectory.

You mean centre backs passing to centre back when through on goal like Dier did to Davies?

You mean centre backs passing to centre back when through on goal like Dier did to Davies?
More than that - a defence that inspires confidence so that midfield and attack can take more risks, a defence higher up the pitch to support and compress play in the opponents half. Verts and Toby had great interception skills high up the pitch along with a DM - we didn't need two DMs and we certainly had more bodies willing to go foreward in a carefree manner.

Back